crooky v nationwide

crooky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

im sorry if i sound like a right plonker but i just havent a clue what to do . what is the difference between a moneyclaim form and an n1 form or are they the same .and do i get an n1 form from the court or do it online?

ive sent both letters asking for my money back . had a reply for the first letter saying NO CHANCE OF A REFUND or words to that effect.

no reply to the second letter .

so now i want to take them to court but havent a clue what to write in the particulars of claim space on the moneyclaim form . the template on the cag site is too large . what should i do ?.

do i need to send the court any other details once i get the form filled in?.

when it says a breakdown of charges does that mean i have to put down every single time they have charged me over six years or just a combined total?.

ive added all the times they have charged me and added 8% on top of that and it comes to under £5000 and thats with the court fees. is there a human that can talk me through all this.if so can you e-mail me your fone number so we can chat .

gcrook1@hotmail.com

thanks everyone

Hi,

Sorry, I have just noticed that this has gone unanswered.

Are you ok now or do you still need help?

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

HI DOLLY

well ive downloaded the n1 form and filled it in . ref the breakdown of charges does this mean i have to attach all copies of statements where they have charged me also do i need to send any other docs to the court ?.

also i have just had a threatening letter saying they are going to issue a default notice and further action will be taken .they sent us a letter before hand saying we were overdrawn and could we bring our account into credit . we had no money left in our account and they took £762 in charges which put us that amount overdrawn.and they now want that money back .im getting in a right pickle over this and my head feels like it spinning.

can you help me please.

thanks

crooky

Don't worry, you'll soon have your money back.

Are you intending to file the claim online or in a local court. If you could do it online it goes through much, much quicker.

Yes, a breakdown of charges is the spreadsheet - if you do it online there is no need to send that.

If you let me know which way you are doing it I'll help you fill in the forms - around a bit today, most likely tonight though.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

hi dolly

well we have downloaded and filled in the n1 form but we are a bit unsure what to do now . do we send or take the form to the court? we have filled the n1 form in because we found that the wording of the particulars of claim templlate didn't fit the online money claim form. but could you talk us through the best and easiest way to do this . also the nationwide were going to take £762 in charges off us . so we withdrew all our money out of the bank before they could take it now they have made us overdrawn and now want the money back and have sent us a notice of intent to default us and take the matter further.what should we do about it?.

I guess we complete the spreadsheet, print it off and attach to the n1 form. would it also be advisable to attach all correspondance between myself and the bank as additional proof?

Hi, theres no need to enclose copies of correspondence for the court ok?

Print off spreadsheet and make sure you take 3 copies of everything if you are going to court to file, they will want 2 copies! you can state on your n1 that you also do not want a default registered against you!

can we post the claim to the court or do we have to hand it in personaly and does the fee need to be paid when the form is handed in.or can we pay that later?

what can we do about the banks threats to us .

and we would like to thank you for getting back to us so quickly

if and when we get our money back .im sure the bank will grab the £762 they want to take off us . would we then have to repeat the process to get the £762 back

thanks for your help. Please could i ask another question, on the N1 form i have asked to be rembursed for the "starting claim fee" however are there any other court costs that i would need to be aware of ? Cheers.

hi all

thanks for the input by everyone. well im off to the court tomorrow to hand my paperwork in and with luck get my money back from these highway men (women) lol.

hi everyone

well i submitted my claim last week and today i recieved a letter from the court saying the defendant has filed an acknowledgement of service .indicating an intention to defend all the claim.the defendant has 28 days from the date of service to file a defence ... DO I NEED TO BE WORRIED....? or is this just standard practice .

if they do defend can anyone advise me as to what action i should take to make sure i get my MONEY....

thanks all

crooky

Standard practice :)

What you need to do now is sit back, feet up and..........

Keep checking that bank account, money will go in any day now. I reckon you will have some in there by Monday at the latest :)

hi dolly

thanks for your supporting words . my wife foned me at work earlier and told me we had the letter . must admit i felt a bit worried as ive never done anything like this before. and i could certainly use the cash right at this minute.

all the best

crooky .

hi all

well a strange thing has happened to my joint account ... i have had two deposits put in . of nearly five hundred quid ... and it wasnt me or the wife ...? wonder who could have done it. we`re still a couple of hundred overdrawn.which is entirely the nationwides fault .

anyway good luck to you all who challenge the system

crooky

Fantastic news, looks like the first lot, the rest will follow in the next couple of days (probably tomorrow :) ) Does it amount to your interest + court costs at all??

no . we were overdrawn by £762 . and just over half that has been paid into our account. we are claiming £4692.18 off them . so i hope to see at least £4000 in our account .......in credit that is

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

well the nationwide has coughed up without a fight to the tune of nearly five grand....im so happy i could kiss everyone ..

the only thing is they are about £268 short of our figures .. do i contact them direct or should i send the form back to the court to get the missing £268.

help please..

crooky

fANTASTIC MY FRIEND, BOOK A HOLIDAY AND ENJOY YOURSELF.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL £216.00

Preffered Mortgages Ltd MCOL going in for £3.5K

Nationwide £702.00, SETTLED IN FULL.

hi paul

thanks ,, we are off to scotland next week , but i would like to know do i contact the bank direct and ask them for the missing £268 or do i send the form that the court sent me back to the court and get them to ask the bank for my money ?

do i contact them direct or should i send the form back to the court to get the missing £268.

Is this an acceptance form from Nationwide? If so, don't sign it until you have contacted Nationwide re: £268. Ask them to pay this and tell them the claim is still ongoing and you will inform the court that it is settled once you receive full payment.

Oh, and Congratulations!!

Bring some good weather with you as it's been raining this past week, were abouts in scotland you going ?

I'm 5 Minutes from Loch Lomond..

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL £216.00

Preffered Mortgages Ltd MCOL going in for £3.5K

Nationwide £702.00, SETTLED IN FULL.

thanks again

no we had a letter saying how much they were going to pay us back . but their figures dont tally with ours and they are £268 short . we havent signed anything or sent anything back to nationwide.

we have got this far i dont just want to give up and let them get away with anymore of my money than i have to .