Threats to come round with mates

crystalcag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

crysta I don't want to be a bit of a wet blanket but the CCCS are far to keen in suggesting bankruptcy as a means of settling things

Before going down that quite drastic route where the effects can be considerable for years to come (don't believe all the hype about how easy it is) you need to seek the advice of an insolvency expert 1st

Think on this although discharged you having been a bankrupt could have an effect on your kids future in that when they apply for credit if your name is linked to theirs they will find it just that little bit harder obtaining credit

Thanks for your posts Tiglet, Honey and Jon

Jon I think you're right in that I shouldn't just dive in to bankruptcy without getting further advice - so I am still searching and talking to people and getting as much information as I can.

As for worrying about the effect it might have on kids - my Dad was made bankrupt (through no fault of his own) and it never made the slightest difference to any apllications for credit I made (unfortunately):rolleyes: . Who knows what things will be like in 20ish years time. I do know that I really don't want any child to live through years of family stress over finances.

I looked up the posts you quoted Tiglet thanks they're really useful. Will have to do a bit more research and see what I can come up with! Thanks for the lead! :-D

No probs - if you do decide to go down that route, a bit of digging around may well find you some help with the fees.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Thanks for your posts Tiglet, Honey and Jon

Jon I think you're right in that I shouldn't just dive in to bankruptcy without getting further advice - so I am still searching and talking to people and getting as much information as I can.

As for worrying about the effect it might have on kids - my Dad was made bankrupt (through no fault of his own) and it never made the slightest difference to any apllications for credit I made (unfortunately):rolleyes: . Who knows what things will be like in 20ish years time. I do know that I really don't want any child to live through years of family stress over finances.

I looked up the posts you quoted Tiglet thanks they're really useful. Will have to do a bit more research and see what I can come up with! Thanks for the lead! :-D

That may have been true then but it's a very different world now I'm afraid with all that data swilling around.........They can now very easily link one person against another & to previous addresses etc........Whereas before you had to provide some sort of clue now days your 'help' is no longer needed

I am only going on what my midwifes, I have 4 different ones, have done with me. They have checked things are being brought with both my son and my daughter and claim it is because they have to know.

Went l have checked this with SS, and believe me i have as i work with them, they have told me that midwifes can do this but l dont have full acess to databases due to not being at work ATM.

I have asked a collegue to look this up but as that was only a few hours ago then she may not have started to look yet.

Oh and crystal there is defently only one baby but he neighbour is aslo pregnant due a moth after me so the elderly lady in the middle will be thinking there are twins maybe we should persuade her to move out.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

there has been no previous unproven/proven case of neglect or abuse the only problem they had with me was me getting on there backs to make them do something about the council. They did do it but it took them 4 ever to decide to do it.

I just think it is something to do with power hungry ppl who want to be nosey it may also be to do with goverment targets or just that the midwifes dont like me, 3 of them i have advised not to be rude to me and not to give me attitude because l was not well enough to make and appointment due to sickness.

I have heard cases where ppl with other problems like disbility of some discripton are having the midwifes do this aswell but it is something that i have only heard threw working with the mentally ill

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

then im sorry to say, instead of trying to scaremonger you shouldve started your own thread, as this is certainly not the norm with midwives

The girl came here for help with a situation not to spend a night without sleep!!!!!!!!

You know the saying "if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all?"

ermm yes to your edit: people with mental health problems are assigned social workers anyway, but NO where in this post has this girl said she is mentally ill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she came here with a debt problem the same as all of us have

honey x

I think we should all be aware that there are two pregnant women posting and we should all be very careful not to upset/distress them.

Good luck to both of you.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I think we should all be aware that there are two pregnant women posting and we should all be very careful not to upset/distress them.

Good luck to both of you.

pregnancy isnt an illness as many would like to believe ;)

having had four, I am aware of that - but it can feel like it at times :D

Oh i defenetly dont think it is and illness and trust me as tiglet knows, due to her saying to me dont stress and try and relax.

There are some that do treat it is a illness tho especially the person at mums work she refuses to do anything and pretends that everything she does, from working sittng down at a till to advisng a customer where a product is will kill her and she is 21 weeks pregnant.

It is even to much for her to go to work most days she will telephone one staff member and say she is not comming in cause she cant be bothered and then get her mum to ring in sick for her.

i also agree that it can feel awful sometimes especially when u have been unable to eat more than rich tea biscuits and drink nothing but water for 5 days due to all days sickness but you pull threw it and somehow recovery from this non eating.

then im sorry to say, instead of trying to scaremonger you shouldve started your own thread, as this is certainly not the norm with midwives

The girl came here for help with a situation not to spend a night without sleep!!!!!!!!

You know the saying "if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all?"

ermm yes to your edit: people with mental health problems are assigned social workers anyway, but NO where in this post has this girl said she is mentally ill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she came here with a debt problem the same as all of us have

honey x

Not correct there honey.

Not everyone who has a mental health problem is assigned a social worker due to the amount of ppl with mental illness and how few social workers there are in this feild of expertise.

That is why the charity organisation i work for is over run with ppl who need help and are not getting it. We are turning work away as we just cant take any more clients as we dont have the staff.

As i said earlier it may just be that some areas are having more and more problems with neglect cases and as a result midwifes are becoming power hungry.

I have asked a few of my contacts to look in to this more due to only just finding out this is not the standard procedure l was lead to believe by SS and my midwifes. They will be getting back to me about this over the next few days.

All i know is that in the areas i have mentioned midwifes have been checking on the parents like this.

I will let ppl know when there is more info.

listen im not going to disrupt this girls thread and need of help any further

after working in an acute psychiatric hospital for the last 26yrs im well aware that if people do have psychiatric problems then SS are involved we ensure that they are for back up in the community

honey x

I think if you need to discus this, starting your own thread may be appropriate as it really has nothing to do with what the OP was discussing and she has already had one sleepless night.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say that I work out in the community working 1 to 1 with a midwife. We visit women ante-natal and post-natal with baby and we do not report to social services mum`s who have debt`s or have not been able to affroad or buy all that is needed for a new baby.

If anything we would do all that we can to help mum and baby with obtaining benefits, grants etc, and alot of the time we go out of our way to help mum and baby which goes beyond our call of duty so please don`t think that when a midwife calls to see you that they will be snooping to see what you do and don`t have for your baby.

Good Luck with your new baby and all the best in sorting out your debts just don`t bury your head in the sand and hope that they will go away deal with them now.

MagicMe:p