SAR Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am repaying a loan through a DMP and think I may have been missold ppi. I sent a SAR to Barclays who have now written back saying they are unable to locate any substantive information regarding my former banking arrangements but this may change as they make further enquiries. The informatioin from the banks systems begin to decay after a period of 3 years from the closure of the last account and after 6 years very little data remains!!

This loan was taken out in 1999 but in 2001 I entered a DMP with CCCS and have been repaying through them ever since. I can't understad why they are saying that the account is closed and why they have't got any of my information.

They have not produced my data within the required time and it looks like they can't produce anything anyway. What should I do? I'm inclined to ring the CCCS and tell them to withold payment until Barclays can produce some documentation. I don't even know how much I still owe them - I think it's probably only about £1500 now.

Can anyone advise?

I'm affraid I don't know the answer but thought I'd give you a little bump :)

I know that if you don't receive your SAR information you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office but I don't know how helpful they are.

You could also send a CCA request if you wanted to ensure they don't have a copy of your contract which I believe would put the account into dispute if they don't respond in the required time.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable will pop along to advise :)

If you havent received the information you require and have exhausted Barclay Bank's complaint system. Make an official complaint to the Financial Ombudsman giving as much information/copy documents regarding your PPI. You could if you wanted to, write one more time under an OFFICIAL COMPLAINT to Barclays Bank giving them say 14 days to come up with the documents you require under the SAR and to investigate your mis sold PPI complaint else, you will go to the FOS> xx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello takeitalltheway,

This loan was taken out in 1999 but in 2001 I entered a DMP with CCCS and have been repaying through them ever since. I can't understad why they are saying that the account is closed and why they have't got any of my information.

The banks are using delaying tactics before the onslaught of PPI reclaims.

Timescales for retaining records. I got this from a Mod named Rory on the legal threads.....

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/media/...i ons2007.pdf Part 3 19. Record Keeping.

This is a Statutory Instrument from the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 and states in the relevant Part 3 19 that records have to be kept for 5 years after the last transaction on the relevant account etc.

If you are still repaying the records should still be there.

I don't even know how much I still owe them - I think it's probably only about £1500 now.

CCCS should be able to provide you with the details of the outstanding amount to Barclays.

My bank are a real pain.

My SAR sent 7 Jan is still not fully complied with and my letter of Complaint is ready to send 1 May as I gave them until 30 April to respond.

I already have a complain lodged with the ICO but their response time is up from 2 weeks to 4 weeks.(Should be due soon)

My letter is going to FSA, FOS, ICO, Office of Fair Trading and the chief executive of the British Bankers Association.

If you need any addresses just shout this is my thread.

alanalana PPI claim against RBS (looking for some help) please

Good luck

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello takeitalltheway,

I do not believe you can stop paying them for failing to reply to your SAR. The time you can stop paying I believe is when they are in breach of supplying the Consumer Credit Agreement CCA with Sections 77 to 79 of the CC Act 1974 by not giving you a true copy of the CCA within 14 days of you sending a £1.00 postal order requesting a copy.

If they then do not respond within a further month you can consider the CCA to be unenforceable and stop paying them.

If they are in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 by not supplying the Data within 40 days you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office but their response time is now 28 days.

Please see the links there are further links here including the ICO and the complaints form.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello takeitalltheway,

before you send I would PM a Moderator to double check the CCA request would apply as you are paying your payments to CCCS. Just to be on the safe side.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello takeitalltheway,

before you send I would PM a Moderator to double check the CCA request would apply as you are paying your payments to CCCS. Just to be on the safe side.

aa

YOu can still send the CCA request even if you are paying them via a DMP. HOwever, I would have thought they would need to provide it as part of the S.A.R request x

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You're right citizenb,

I am just going on the multitude of problems I have had in getting compliance with my SAR. A long and difficult task to date, letter prepared on my post 47 of alanalana thread. I had very little returned in the data field on SAR but a request for CCA under terms of CC Act 1974 got immediate result as they know failure to respond within 12 days plus 2 for postage put them in breach of the Act and after a further month they are breaking the law and you can stop paying them. They would not like that so they tend to move fast on a cca request.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

You're right citizenb,

I am just going on the multitude of problems I have had in getting compliance with my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). A long and difficult task to date, letter prepared on my post 47 of alanalana thread. I had very little returned in the data field on SAR but a request for CCA under terms of CC Act 1974 got immediate result as they know failure to respond within 12 days plus 2 for postage put them in breach of the Act and after a further month they are breaking the law and you can stop paying them. They would not like that so they tend to move fast on a cca request.

aa

Aha, I see your plan now. :D Good luck x

BCOBS