Train websites and difficulty to order tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

This is my first ever thread on here.

I work for a company where we are based over two sites, Cheltenham and London and we regularly use the train to travel between both sites. About 80% of us have business credit cards which we can use to prebook our travel on websites such as Virgin, First Great Western.

A few months ago, people were reporting that all of sudden the websites wouldn't accept their cards for payments, but that they could use their cards on the train or at the station. Our CEOs card was one of these but I could still go on sites such as Amazon and purchase goods and he was using it in person so I knew it wasn't the card.

This has affected quite a few of our staff and Trainline seem to be the only one's interested in helping us. Some of us have new cards either becuase our old one has expired or because we're new and they are all working fine, but we can't get new cards reissued to everyone.

Has anyone else experienced a sudden failure on train websites to purchase tickets (we kept being told it couldn't be authorised) or any ideas what we can say to them or anyone we can go to above them?

Thanks

Mary

If Trainline serves your purpose adequately, why not just purchase ALL your company's tickets through them??...:confused:

The company that I work for is authorised to just print their own tickets as + when required btw...;)

...:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Sorry I obviously didn't explain it properly. Trainline run the software the companies use to take payments so it's their software that's blocking our cards. The train companies don't want to know, Trainline are the only people who seem interested in helping getting to the bottom of the problem.

I wondered if anyone else had this problem and how they'd managed to get it sorted.