Bookie does Capital1 **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About time I got a thread going on this, although it's not the most exciting one ever. :razz:

£72, not huge amounts, but on a credit limit of £400, it's a fair chunk, and it stems from their cash advance fee which took me over by about 50p, so... Methinks they're taking the proverbial here. :mad:

Anyway, prelim and LBA have been and gone and the sod-off replies have been received, they seem to think that because all the charges were £12 ones, they don't have to repay me. Ah ah ah, fools. :razz:

So I need to start my County court claim, but I don't have the £30 needed until May 2nd, when DH gets paid, so they're getting a short reprieve.

To be updated soon. ;-)

subscribing:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I won't wish you luck Bookie, you won't need it. They will roll over after a while.

I have the latest T&C's if they start getting silly. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Good to see you have another on the go, wouldn't want to see you getting bored. :p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 1 month later...

As usual the worst to keep to my timetables, only got round to filing yesterday.... just as well as I found another charge which had somehow completely escaped my scrutiny.

So, £84 + interest on charges + 8% APR + court fee = £133 and pennies.

Now we wait. :-)

Great stuff , Bookworm :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, spoke too soon. :mad:

Went to court to hand in form for judgment, I asked to check the file just in case, and what do you know, it had been acknowledged! And then of course, when I came home, postman had been and I had the AoS in there. :rolleyes:

Ah well.

Damn, spoke too soon. :mad:

Went to court to hand in form for judgment, I asked to check the file just in case, and what do you know, it had been acknowledged! And then of course, when I came home, postman had been and I had the AoS in there. :rolleyes:

Ah well.

What rotten luck Bookworm. :(

BCOBS

They very rarely don't acknowledge. You should get a letter very soon Bookie with your refund.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I have to say I was surprised, but just thought they had slipped on this occasion.

Do you know, with all the financial institutions I have pursued, I have never won by default? Umpteen out-of-court settlements, 1 stay, 1 settlement literally going into the courtroom (and leaving 5 mns later) and 1 outright victory in court. An easy win by default would have been nice for once. :razz:

• 2 weeks later...

Deadline for filing defence is tomorrow, and today THE letter came. :-D

It is denied that charges are unlawful, only levied when customers breach contract, they have acted in accordance with T&C and it is clear that I have no claim against Cap1.

Whilst they do no accept liability, they have in an effort to resolve thismatter without the need for a court hearing, refunded in full to my account.

These refunds are made purely as a GOGW and they will now defend this claim on the basis that they have refunded the full claimed amount [:-?]

Once claim is settled they may still add charges if we go over, bla bla blah... And if we can't abide by those T&Cs, maybe we should close our account.

That's it, apart from the fact that we get reminded that's it up to us to tell the court we are discontinuing our claim, but they have writtento them anyway to tell them they have paid up.

So one more Mexican_wave.gifMexican_wave.gifMexican_wave.gifMexican_wave.gif to me. :-D

Edited by Bookworm

Absolutely fantastic news Bookworm :D

Pleeeeeeease, where did you get your wavey people smilies from

BCOBS

Congratulations Bookie . . .

WARNING TO ALL

Thank you Bookworm, much appreciated. :D

BCOBS

WELL DONE BW

I believe there is mucho shops in St Albans

...If U're interested, of course??

...:D

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)