Advice - reply from Cahoot about Credit Card second letter

guyr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I've sent my first and second letters to Cahoot at Friars House by recorded delivery and recieved email responses for both. My second letter threatened taking the matter to court using the template from moneysavingexpert. I recieved this reply (part quoted below) and wanted to know if I need to forward/continue the correspondence or if I can now go ahead and make a claim as my deadline for a satisfactory response has expired?

¨Thank you for your letter dated xxxx

I’ve again considered your complaint and do feel that the charges are fair. This is my final response in relation to this matter.

If you wish to escalate your complaint you will now be required to write to Abbey's Stage 2 complaints team. This department is an autonomous body within Abbey who will review your complaint on an independent basis. If you decide to write to them please state that cahoot has issued its final response in relation to this matter and please quote my name so that the relevant paperwork can be quickly obtained.

Stage 2 Complaints

Abbey

PO Box 911

Central Milton Keynes

MK9 1AD

Stage 2 Complaints will review the details of your case and carry out its own investigation. In the unlikely event that you are still dissatisfied you can write to the Financial Services Ombudsman...¨

Thanks - I will probably go ahead now. I just wanted to check that it wouldn't affect the claim if I hadn't ¨escalate my complaint¨ as asked to by Cahoot?