Sky Broadband Email Account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI ALL,

I WAS A CUSTOMER WITH TISCALI UP TO MARCH OF THIS YEAR AND BECAUSE OF TISCALI'S COMPLETE INCOMPETENCE DECIDED TO SWITCH TO SKY BROADBAND. UP TO NOW I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH CONNECTION/SPEED ETC. BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO OPEN AN EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH THEM. (REPLY FROM TECH SUPPORT):-

'After checking your web mail account I notice that there is a technical fault that is preventing you accessing your emails.

To resolve this we need to build a new profile on your web mail account. However, at this time I am unable to provide you with a time scale for when it will be resolved.'

NOW I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD BUT THIS IS PART OF THEIR BROADBAND SERVICE AND JUST LIKE ANY SERVICE IF YOUR PAYING FOR IT YOU EXPECT ALL ASPECTS TO FUNCTION. SO I DECIDED TO EMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICES ASKING THAT UNTIL THE PROBLEM IS RESOLVED THAT MY SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENTS BE REDUCED. BUT UNFORTUNATELY RECEIVED THIS REPLY:-

'Thank you for contacting Sky Broadband.

Please be aware that the Sky email facility is a free service provided to all Sky customers. As such I am unable to consider a refund or reduction in Broadband payments as a result of this function being lost.

I appreciate that the loss of email must be inconvenient. However, as no payment is made for this service I am unable to consider any compensation.'

BUT THE LINE 'However, as no payment is made for this service I am unable to consider any compensation.' SURELY I AM PAYING FOR THIS 'SERVICE' AS THIS IS PART OF THE 'SERVICE'. THIS BEING THE ADVERTISEMENT FOR SKY BROADBAND:-

High quality, great value broadband products

• Includes a Sky Broadband Wireless Router worth £50 - allowing you to share broadband anywhere in the home with no more messy wires.

• FREE 12 months online protection with McAfee® Internet Security Suite 2008. MAC users will receive free McAfee® VirusScan anti-virus software (worth £19.99).

Sky Email and Tools include 10 sky.com email addresses and much more. • Dedicated 24/7 technical support - online and on the phone

DOES ANYONE THINK I AM BEING A BIT TO PICKY OR SHOULD I INSIST I RECEIVE SOME SORT OF COMPENSATION??

TA

That has to be the biggest load of bull I have ever read.

Lets ask the others:

Does anyone on any domestic broadband account with any supplier have to pay extra for email ?

Tell them that email is part of any domestic internet service and that if they cannot supply it then the contract has not been fullfilled and is hereby terminated.

You don't have to take their email, you can sign up with Google, Hotmail, Yahoo and a thousand others free of charge.

Are you a tv customer with free broadband ?

I am certain that one of the qualifications for employment in these places has to be "Can you woffle?" If the answer is no then you don't have a job as that is the number one requirement.

I am certain that one of the qualifications for employment in these places has to be "Can you woffle?" If the answer is no then you don't have a job as that is the number one requirement.:mad:

We all aren't the same.

What has happened Adie is there has been a big booboo on the systems that set up Broadband accounts without allocating email address and is due to be sorted by the end of this week , I think.

Adie call up customer servies and advised them that although email is a free service it is part of the servie you have agreed to. I must admit the email handlers sometimes aren't the greatest in the world. You will probarbly get a partial refund but you didn't say which service you are using?

If you are on mid, max or connect I would personally ask for 1 month free ;)

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Apology accepted :p

Thank you Both for your replies,

I am already a Sky TV and Phone customer and now Broadband Max. You would think that being a "valued customer" they would have given more consideration to my request?

Adie

You would but as i said the website response.

Give them a call tomorrow.

idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

lol! try and call between 9.30 and 1.30 ;)

Are those the hours you are working today Ida? Will you sort it out? :D

Did i say I worked for sky :o

*makes note to self to stop making it obvious* ;)

Just letting you know Adie i should have more info tomorrow re the email

Idax

Adie - although you should try and get some money off Sky Broadband e-mail isn't the best. In fact it's the only e-mail I've ever had where I am continually bombarded from day one (and before signing up for anything) with e-mails telling me that I have won lotteries or have been selected to look after 57 million pounds for some unlucky african widower

You are probably better off without it!!

We dont use our e-mail.... sticking with Yahoo! mind you, saying that, I seem to get lots of random emails like yours becka... wonder if its sky thing as its only just started since we went on sky :D

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

No info as yet Adie,

May have some mews on Monday

idax