Now At The Point Of Taking Cap One To Court ***WON***WON***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folishgirl

If you have your statements you put the monthly interest charges along with the other charges into the advanced spreadsheet (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html) and it works it out for you.

• Haha 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RESULT :)

Got my letter today. They are going to pay, but not all of it. They say i have calculated the 8% wrong. Dont know if i did or not. Also they say i cant claim interest on interest so have deducted that also. Its about £600 less than i had claimed. Think i will just accept this anyway as is still a good amount.

They say it will clear the outstanding balance and will send a cheque for the rest. Now then, i have no outstanding balance with them. There is one but with a DCA who i have requested CCA but have only received an application form from. I would like to use that to my advantage to get a reduced full and final settlement and dont want Cap 1 dealing with them. Technically the account with the DCA is in dispute.

Would it be worth writing to Cap 1 and telling them i am dealing with the DCA myself ?

Thanks for all your help with this ( especially Steven ) Couldnt have done it without GAG x

Also they say i cant claim interest on interest so have deducted that also. Its about £600 less than i had claimed.
If you have claimed interest that they levied on the charges and then claimed 8% interest on that then that is entirely legitimate.

What interest did you claim? I think they are wrong and you could get the £600. Let's have a look at the details before you decide. (I would hate to see C1 rob you of £600 :mad:)

Hi Steven,

It may be me that cocked up !

I claimed everything that was worked out on the advanced spreadsheet.

Charges...........£1,406

Interest...........£337.71

Court stage

Charges............£1,406 ( are paying)

Interest............£337.71 (are paying)

8% on charges...£566.75 (they say i have calculated this wrong and should be £213.87)

8% on interest on charges £127.48 ( they say i cannot claim this :rolleyes:)

Maybe this is where i went wrong.

Anyway total of £2522.94 inc court cost of £85

Offer £2042.58 inc court cost of £85 a shortfall of £480.36 (not £600 i got that wrong :rolleyes:)

Thanks

Edited by DOBBYDOG

Comments:

Charges............£1,406 ( are paying) Good

Interest............£337.71 (are paying) Good

8% on charges...£566.75 (they say i have calculated this wrong and should be £213.87) Without seeing your spreadsheet I can't comment on this

8% on interest on charges £127.48 ( they say i cannot claim this :rolleyes:) Absolute rubbish! Of course you can claim this. They are lucky you are only claiming 8% simple - I got 18.9% compound from Goldfish!

Anyway total of £2522.94

Offer £2042.58 a shortfall of £480.36 (not £600 i got that wrong :rolleyes:)

They may well be right about the miscalculation of the 8% interest - I can't say without seeing your spreadsheet. I could look at it if you wish although Cap1 may well be right (a rule of thumb would indicate that the average age of the charges based on this figure was 3 years - which is about right for a claim over 6 years - my gut feel is that Cap 1 are right).

I guess the £127 may be wrong also for the same reasons. If it is wrong, I suppose it would really be about £60 based on the above.

Your call. It's a great result whatever and you deserve it :D

Edited by steven4064

Hiya

Yeh i see what you mean, if the 8% is wrong then the other will be also. I always felt when i was doing it that something wasn't quite right with the 8%. Dont know why it just seemed too much.

Anyway, like you say its a good result (and the charges were way past 6 years ago) and i dont think ive got the energy to fight it any further and could really do with closure on it. Anyway they are money out of pocket now and a good victory for me :)

GAG def deserves a thankyou from me so i WILL be donating to the site when it comes through.

Thanks all x

Steven what do you thing to my earlier post re- the DCA who own the outstanding balance and the fact i dont want Cap 1 dealing with them as i want to use the DAC s pathetic excuse for a CCA To my advantage.

Thanks again.

Congratulations Dobby. I knew things could only get better for you.;):D

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

That is fantastic, WELL DONE :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi DobbyDog - well done with your win.

Great result :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Well done. . . Great result... :)

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks everyone :)

Its purely down to this site and i only came across it by accident when i googled the words Stautory Demand !!!

I wonder how many thousands of people are out there that dont actually know they can do this :rolleyes:

Thanks again.

Bookworm, good luck with the claim, but i think you know better than i do you wont need it;)

Congrats Dobby, glad things are looking up for you :)

Edited by callumsgran
typo

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Hi there

Congratulations have just read all your thread. When you do the particulars of claim do you fill in on the Form N1 and then attached the typed Particulars. Also I am still confused can I claim interest on the charges together with interest on the retail interest they have been charging, dont understand how you have charged some interest and then some more. Would appreciate any help please as just starting this one although we won £13000 through this site from Abbey. Well done to you and all the other people who make this site the good thing it is.

CatherineBear

x

:D :D :DMoney in account £13216.66!!!!

GMAC - stmnts rec'vd letter requesting £1662 refund of chrges MCOL on line being issued for ERC

SPML - issued MCOL on 21.11.06!

Kensington - statements received letter requesting £2455.55 refund of charges issuing MCOL for ERC

MBNA - refund £341 offered-sent letter requesting refund of £3846.59 charges!!!!!!

Capital One-going to issue MCOL for £1243!

Hi CB,

I'll respond on your Cap One thread to avoid hijacking Dobby's thread.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just received a cheque today but not for the full amount. They have obviously given the DCA the rest, after me asking them not to. When i received the letter saying they were going to pay but would pay any outstanding balance first i wrote to them and asked them not to do this as i was dealing with the DCA direct and in actual fact the account is in dispute with them. Also i told them i would not discontinue the claim if they did this but they have.

Any ideas ?

Thanks all.