Tenant trashed property - what can I legally do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry for the delay in my response - the lovely Chinese workmen cut through the international internet cable on the main road mis last week so we had to wait several days for them to realise!!!!!

Thanks for all the info Gemspan - they are looking into the details now so I should hear something at the close of this week!! It has been passed to the area manager who is useless:mad:

Demon-X-slash - your words made sense and again I have asked the letting agents for all the details and am now waiting for them to get back to me:o

I am thinking a visit home to the UK is necessary to try and resolve this quickly as now I am faced with the 90 day unoccupied clause for the buildings insurance!!! The letting agents have been advised of this!

We are off on a well deserved holiday (friends wedding in the Philipeans!!) on Thursday so will have some answers by the time we come back mid April - I will keep you posted and once again thanks for all the info you have given me!!:roll:

Taf:grin:

PS thanks to all you guys I am smiling again!!

• 8 years later...

Appreciate this is an old thread however my heart goes out to you. I had exactly the same with my high street "reputable" managing agent who took all their fees up front for a two year tenancy but failed to notice the tenant had installed an alarm system in the garage with dreadful wiring everywhere and an obscene alarm box mounted on faced bricks, the washing machine I supplied was not present in the six monthly report but they did not notice, additional (unnecessary) locks fitted to the garage door, builders vans parked all ver my front lawn, all the brand new imported oak floors gouged and scoured despite me specifically adding a clause in the AST. Plus many many more. In the end after me having forked out over £50k in renovations prior to letting it out I got £10 k of damages and ultimately received just under £3k from the deposit.

Estate /managing agent claims they did everything as per the book but with me living overseas I could not afford to fly back and fight them in court.

Now suffering from a sub market rent after a six month empty status with zero income but increased outgoings which brought us to our knees ( Bromley council still want their pound of flesh Council Tax even on an empty property) and of course now with sterling dropping like hell the £ to my local currency is 20% + down compared to just before the Brexit vote.

I want to take the agency to court but anticipate that as I sacked them for fiscal impropriety ( which they denied. It gave me compensation anyway) back in early 2015 I may be too late or the process may be just too much of a problem.

Any views yourself?

Please start a new thread as this is an old thread

Thread Closed

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks