orange wireless and talk problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed up to wanadoo/orange broadband around two years ago and when the initial contract came to an end I was sweet talked into another contract with orange with promises of free phone calls using the wireless/inventel box .

Everything was fine for the first 6 months and the free landline calls saved me a few hundred pounds on my BT landline bill . However after upgrading my computer to vista last November i got this error code saying that there was compatibility issues between my computer and the cohiba router supplied by inventel .

Four months later , and loads of calls to orange technical department followed by 3 installation discs and the wireless still does not work . I can receive broadband via the usb port but i cannot use the free orange telephone . The reason I signed up for a second term was because of the money saving free phone and now that it is not working and because of the dreadful customer service , I have written to orange to state that they have not supplied me with the product that was advertised ( since wireless and talk is only wireless without the talk ) and that the wireless is , according to the contract , their property , and therefore theirs to repair , since I am only paying rent on it . Therefore I wish to terminate the contract .

They have supplied me with the MAC code but insist that if I sign off they will be seeking the full outstanding payment .

Should I just stop the standing order and call their bluff ? or stay with orange just in case it will cost me more down the line .

Any suggestions please .

Have you tried changing the wireless settings on your laptop/pc? Instead of letting your wireless card manage the connections select let windows manage the connection.. Is it the Orange Livebox you have installed?

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

I also have a step by step guide if you want to follow this?

When you first get your Livebox, we suggest that you set it up using the network cable provided in the box. The instructions below show you how:

Note: If you're struggling to set up your Livebox, we have experts at hand to assist you with your installation, If you would like to know more about this offer, take a look at our Livebox home installation service.

If you're using an Apple Mac computer, you'll find alternative instructions here.

starting the installation

Switch on the computer you want to connect to the Internet and insert the installation CD into your CD-ROM drive. It should load automatically.

You'll be asked to select the type of installation you require - select install Livebox for the first time.

If you're having problems clicking on an option, you'll find more help here.

In the top left hand corner of the installation screen (above Getting Started), you'll find a reference with the step a customer is on. You can match this reference to the sections below, eg A1. If you're able to fix a customers problem from the installation CD, you'll find the error, or step reference in Vendor View. If not, use the Livebox diagnostics article to connect the Livebox.

A1 - important information

If you have firewall software on your computer, disable this before starting installation. If this is not possible, you will need to Accept, or Grant access to any prompts that you see during installation.

It will also help to close any other programs that you have open on your computer.

Click on next to continue.

A2 - got everything you need

To install Livebox using a wired connection you will need:

• When you first get your Livebox, we suggest that you set it up using the network cable provided in the box. The instructions below show you how:
    Note: If you're struggling to set up your Livebox, we have experts at hand to assist you with your installation, If you would like to know more about this offer, take a look at our Livebox home installation service.
    If you're using an Apple Mac computer, you'll find alternative instructions here.
    starting the installation
    Switch on the computer you want to connect to the Internet and insert the installation CD into your CD-ROM drive. It should load automatically.

You'll be asked to select the type of installation you require - select install Livebox for the first time.

If you're having problems clicking on an option, you'll find more help here.
    In the top left hand corner of the installation screen (above Getting Started), you'll find a reference with the step a customer is on. You can match this reference to the sections below, eg A1. If you're able to fix a customers problem from the installation CD, you'll find the error, or step reference in Vendor View. If not, use the Livebox diagnostics article to connect the Livebox.
    A1 - important information
    If you have firewall software on your computer, disable this before starting installation. If this is not possible, you will need to Accept, or Grant access to any prompts that you see during installation.
    It will also help to close any other programs that you have open on your computer.

A2 - got everything you need
    To install Livebox using a wired connection you will need:
    • Livebox x1
    • broadband cable (RJ11)
    • broadband filters x2
    • ethernet cable (RJ45) x1
    • power adaptor x1
    • username & password (eg yourname.orangehome.co.uk@fs)

If you have everything that you need, click yes I have everything and move on to step 4.

If not, please take a note of the exact description of the missing equipment, and contact us.

If the customer is missing any of the above items, the equipment can be replaced.

Important: wireless adaptors are no longer included as part of the wireless service, and will need to be purchased.

A3 - how should it look when I'm finished?

The completed Livebox wired set-up should look like this. Don't worry, we'll guide you through the steps during installation.

A4 - getting started - plug it in

Connect the power adaptor to the Livebox and plug the power adaptor into the mains (checking the mains is turned on).

A5 - getting started - plug it in

Connect the broadband cable (RJ11) to Livebox (directly next to the power socket).

Next, connect the broadband cable (RJ11) to one of your broadband filters.

A6 - getting started - plug it in

Connect the filter to your wall socket.

If you need to plug your phone into the same socket as Livebox, make sure you connect it through the broadband filter.

Note: If you have other equipment plugged into your telephone line, eg additional phones, a fax machine, or Sky, these will all need to be filtered.

A7 - check your broadband is live

Check that the @ light on your Livebox is flashing slowly (about once a second).

You can ignore the other lights for now.

If they are, click on next to continue and move on to A8.

If the @ light is not slowly flashing, your broadband service may not be live yet. Remember it can take up to 10 days to activate broadband.

If it has been less than 10 days, please run the installation again in a few days' time.

If it has been longer than 10 days, we suggest that you check your filters are set up correctly.

If it still isn't working, contact us.

CSA only - You can diagnose this problem using the Livebox diagnostics article.

A8 - how do you want to connect to Livebox?

Select the option I want a wired connection.

If you are prompted with a 'Network verification' error, #581, don't worry.

Simply click on continue to proceed.

A9 - installing software

Please wait while we install the files you need.

If you receive an alert from your firewall or anti-spyware software, select Allow, Grant Access or similar.

B2 - wired set-up - plug it in

Connect the Ethernet cable to your Livebox.

Next, connect the Ethernet cable to your computer.

B3 - confirming wired connection

The installation CD will confirm that the Livebox can connect to your computer.

If you get the error '#503 - Failed to connect to Livebox' it's likely that you haven't plugged in your Ethernet cable correctly. Check that the cable is plugged in securely, then click try again.

If you continue to experience problems, you'll find more help in our Ethernet Troubleshooting Guide.

Alternatively, check that you have disabled your firewall and try again.

B4 - enter your username and password

Enter your broadband username and password, eg yourname.orangehome.co.uk@fs. You chose your username and password when you registered for broadband and we confirmed these by email.

Remember that your password is case sensitive i.e. 'apple' is not the same as 'Apple' or 'APPLE'.

Once entered, click on next to continue.

B5 - confirming username & password

The installation CD will confirm the username and password and connect your Livebox to the Internet.

If successful, move to B7.

B6 - connection failed

#506 - ADSL synchronisation

• check that your broadband cable is plugged in directly next to the power cable
    • check that you have set up your broadband filters correctly. Remember, you need a filter for each piece of telephone equipment.
    • check that you have waited for 10 days for your line to be active

#507 - identification error

• click on try again to check that you've entered the correct username and password.

B7 - congratulations

Your Livebox is now set up and ready to use.

If you'd like to test your connection, select start browsing.

From time to time, we will need to update your Livebox to ensure we can deliver a good service to you. To allow this to happen, please ensure Livebox is connected to the Internet and switched on as constantly as possible.

Note: you'll probably find that your Livebox updates itself in the first couple of days after connecting to the Internet. If you'd like to know more, see the article automatic firmware updates for your Livebox.

For information: on selecting Start Browsing, you are taken to the link below:

http://www.orange.co.uk/membercentre/landing/

[*]username & password (eg yourname.orangehome.co.uk@fs)

If you have everything that you need, click yes I have everything and move on to step 4.

If not, please take a note of the exact description of the missing equipment, and contact us.

If the customer is missing any of the above items, the equipment can be replaced.

Important: wireless adaptors are no longer included as part of the wireless service, and will need to be purchased.

A3 - how should it look when I'm finished?

The completed Livebox wired set-up should look like this. Don't worry, we'll guide you through the steps during installation.

A4 - getting started - plug it in

Connect the power adaptor to the Livebox and plug the power adaptor into the mains (checking the mains is turned on).

A5 - getting started - plug it in

Connect the broadband cable (RJ11) to Livebox (directly next to the power socket).

Next, connect the broadband cable (RJ11) to one of your broadband filters.

A6 - getting started - plug it in

Connect the filter to your wall socket.

If you need to plug your phone into the same socket as Livebox, make sure you connect it through the broadband filter.

Note: If you have other equipment plugged into your telephone line, eg additional phones, a fax machine, or Sky, these will all need to be filtered.

A7 - check your broadband is live

Check that the @ light on your Livebox is flashing slowly (about once a second).

You can ignore the other lights for now.

If they are, click on next to continue and move on to A8.

If the @ light is not slowly flashing, your broadband service may not be live yet. Remember it can take up to 10 days to activate broadband.

If it has been less than 10 days, please run the installation again in a few days' time.

If it has been longer than 10 days, we suggest that you check your filters are set up correctly.

If it still isn't working, contact us.

CSA only - You can diagnose this problem using the Livebox diagnostics article.

A8 - how do you want to connect to Livebox?

Select the option I want a wired connection.

If you are prompted with a 'Network verification' error, #581, don't worry.

Simply click on continue to proceed.

A9 - installing software

Please wait while we install the files you need.

If you receive an alert from your firewall or anti-spyware software, select Allow, Grant Access or similar.

B2 - wired set-up - plug it in

Connect the Ethernet cable to your Livebox.

Next, connect the Ethernet cable to your computer.

B3 - confirming wired connection

The installation CD will confirm that the Livebox can connect to your computer.

If you get the error '#503 - Failed to connect to Livebox' it's likely that you haven't plugged in your Ethernet cable correctly. Check that the cable is plugged in securely, then click try again.

If you continue to experience problems, you'll find more help in our Ethernet Troubleshooting Guide.

Alternatively, check that you have disabled your firewall and try again.

B4 - enter your username and password

Enter your broadband username and password, eg yourname.orangehome.co.uk@fs. You chose your username and password when you registered for broadband and we confirmed these by email.

Remember that your password is case sensitive i.e. 'apple' is not the same as 'Apple' or 'APPLE'.

Once entered, click on next to continue.

B5 - confirming username & password

The installation CD will confirm the username and password and connect your Livebox to the Internet.

If successful, move to B7.

B6 - connection failed

#506 - ADSL synchronisation

• check that your broadband cable is plugged in directly next to the power cable
  • check that you have set up your broadband filters correctly. Remember, you need a filter for each piece of telephone equipment.
  • check that you have waited for 10 days for your line to be active

#507 - identification error

• click on try again to check that you've entered the correct username and password.

B7 - congratulations

Your Livebox is now set up and ready to use.

If you'd like to test your connection, select start browsing.

From time to time, we will need to update your Livebox to ensure we can deliver a good service to you. To allow this to happen, please ensure Livebox is connected to the Internet and switched on as constantly as possible.

Note: you'll probably find that your Livebox updates itself in the first couple of days after connecting to the Internet. If you'd like to know more, see the article automatic firmware updates for your Livebox.

For information: on selecting Start Browsing, you are taken to the link below:

http://www.orange.co.uk/membercentre/landing/

• Haha 1

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!