Brighthouse repairs cover on laptops

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a Laptop from Brighthouse in November 2006, for the past month or so it has been literally dropping to bits, first the webcam stopped working then the dvd writer, hinge covers snapped off, card reader stopped working honestly the list is endless....

I took it into Brighthouse for repair today and they told me if it comes back unrepairable i have to pay THEM £100 to terminate the contract and have no laptop and no refund or i have the option of carrying on with the payment and have a broken laptop (which hasn't been dropped by the way, like they accused me of doing).

I am still paying for the laptop and the service cover and the dlc (dli). I know the manufacturer's warranty has run out but if i am paying the insurance and dlc am i entitled for a replacement if it comes back as unrepairable? A nd why do i have to pay them £100, it's them what suggested terminating the contract!! I have been paying £17 approx a week for it for 71 weeks to date.

Exactly what i thought, why should i pay them to cancel the contract when its them suggesting that it may have to be cancelled? If i wanted it cancelled then fair enough. I've been a customer with Brighthouse for 11yrs and this is the first time i've come acroos something like this...

You need to invoke the power of the SUPPLY OF GOODS (IMPLIED TERMS) ACT 1973 which covers the hire purchase agreement you have on your laptop.

Read through my Brighthouse factsheet HERE

This is definitely a case for Trading Standards.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

Oh, and by the way, if you haven't found it already, give this thread a read. I think you'll find it very interesting

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-stores/106348-brighthouse-urgent-advice-needed.html?highlight=brighthouse

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank-you Lefty, i thought i had more rights than what they were making out...Great link too, had an interesting read. I will keep you updated.

Yep! Don't forget to keep us posted, mate.

It's REALLY important with these kind of threads to see a conclusion. This helps anyone else who may be having similar problems.

Cheers

Lefty

;)