paid face2face doorstepper DCA £110 for sky debt chased for Intrum - he pocketed it! sky say. refunded by F2F - dodgy bloke now fired!!

blue4ever
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Paid money at door and collector didn`t clear my balance that was 18 months ago.Moved house and losted the card with payments on

Anyone out there got any ideas of what i can do

The D.C.A say they will not investigate without payment card.

Thread moved.

Els

BANK CHARGES CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Aktiv Kapital £300.00 SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One £741.47 SETTLED IN FULL

Citi Cards £1221.00 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(personal) £3854.28 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(business) £7487.97 SETTLED IN FULL

What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life

The debt was for sky and the collector got arsey with my wife asking her to vist a pub because my house was very isolated i told her to pay him off. He came to my house and took final payment of £110.00

We decided to go back to sky this week and they informed my wife that the debt was still active.

We moved house and the receipt he gave us has been lost.

Sky say we still owe the debt Because we have no payment card D.C.a will not investigate with out proof of payment.

thanks for you reply 42man

any one got any ideas what to do please

i would apreciate someone giving me a little advice on the about thanks

Was the debt paid in cash?

If it was paid by card you could perhaps go back to the bank/CC Co to get the relevant statement (even if the acct is now closed).

If by cash did you withdraw money to pay it - this might help if you could show the date and amount taken out and where etc...

Hi there blue,

Do you still know which DCA this was?

Who is actually asking you for money now? Is it Sky or the DCA?

It sounds like the chimp who came to your door has kept the money for himself. Saying that, you know he gave you a receipt then HE should also have made some sort of note of the transaction.

If it`s the DCA who is asking you for money, you could send them a prove it letter and also a full SAR. They will then need to prove you STILL owe the money and with a bit of luck the SAR might give a clue if a payment was made sometime, if something shows then you have an argument. Did you get the guys name? I wouldn`t even speak to people with no name.

Failing this, it`s looks as though you have lost your money. At least now you know what these DCA`s are REALLY like. You must NEVER speak to these morons on the phone. If they come to your door, tell them to **** off and close the door. If they don`t call the Feds and make a complaint for harassment and tresspassing.

Have you explained your situation to Sky? You should make a formal complaint to Sky as they are responsible for employing low lifes like these.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

The DCA is intrum and nobody is asking for the money SKY or the DCA yet.

They both are saying the debt is not yet cleared and reconnection to sky will only happen if we pay the outstanding £110. Sky was informed but they said sorry but bill still needs to be paid

Thanks for your replie

Hi again blue,

How you doing this morning?

This looks like a tough one to crack. You can understand the problem from Sky`s perspective. Clearly you have been ripped off and you MUST prove it somehow.

I was just thinking, could you make a formal complaint with these idiots? Perhaps a full SAR might help get you some information you require? Failing that, you could then complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If your problem is not resolved within 8 weeks with Intrum the FOS may then take up your case. They will basically investigate your complaint which I think includes them going through Intrums books. The FOS will charge THEM £400 (or is it £300) for that. With a bit of look, they might give in before that.

I don`t think there`s anything else you can do apart from maybe trying the complaint and FOS route.

We have had our own dealings with Sky lately, and Wesclots empty heads. We owed them £450, and we ended up paying them £350 and having our service reinstated. So, £110 to me doesn`t sound like much, but clearly Sky WANT it first.

My thread is here if your interest http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/126282-wescot-credit-services-sky.html

Give the FOS a ring and let us know how you get on.

Regards

N.P

If this has been helpful, then please click my scales, they like that ;)

P.S. One more thing, I think by now you know that you should NEVER speak to these clowns, they have no rights on your property. If one turns up scatter him, if he doesn`t move, then move him yourself if you have to. Do EVERYTHING in writing, and NO telephone communications.

• Haha 1

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

good evening blue4ever

I have read your thread with great interest and surprise, as it would appear that an error has occured somewhere.

What puzzles me is that the DCA is not chasing you :eek: yet it states you still owe the money? That's not right.8-)

From Sky's point of view you still owe the money so they are not at fault here. So to be honest, they should be ignored (but only for now).

Your first point of call is back to the DCA.

As correctly stated by other, Yes, you could lodge a formal complaint with the FoS but I suspect when they contact the DCA they will be told no formal complaint has been lodged by you. The FoS will request you complain to the DCA as they mostly only get involved once the DCAs complaints procedure is exhausted.

My advice is to make a formal complaint to the 'Head of Collection Services' at the DCA. make your letter as a formal complaint and give them 14 days to respond and 28 days to resolve the complaint prior to litigation through the small claims court.

Inform the DCA that

'...on or around (give approx date) an agent representing your organisation collected a payment for the total sum of £110.00 from my previous address (give address), this payment has not been applied to my account and Sky TV is still showing the debt as outstanding. Your have previously requested a payment book in order to investigate this compliant, but as the payment was a significant one off full and final settlement no payment book was used. Your agent did provide us with a receipt but, due to a change of address, this receipt was lost.

I am confident that your systems and procedures will allow you to identify the payment as detailed above. If your systems and procedures fail to identify the payment, I respectfully request to know the reason why you stopped pursuing the debt from the date the payment was made to your collecting agent.

End the letter with...

'Whilst we endevour to resolve this matter through your formal complaints procedure, we reserve the right to lodge a formal complaint with the FoS, which I understand will result in additional costs to your organisation.'

In a seperate letter you should make a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), there is lots of information on here about how to do that but you can also look here:

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/subject_access_-_guide_for_data_subjects.pdf

In the sample letter there is a section that says 'in relation to [provide details here if it is specific information you require], you should write

'in relation to all payments made to my account via your organisation, partners, associates or affliated companies within the last 6 years, whether by cash, cheque, postal order or debit/credit card, and including all inter bank transfers either automated or manual. in addition, please provide data on all payments you have made from my account to British Sky Broadcasting, its partners, associates and affliated companies in the United Kingdom in the last 6 years.'

This way you will hit the DCA from both ends of the candle (so to speak).

I know this may seem daunting, but with the forums help, we'll get um....;)

Let us know how you get on.

FORMAL COMPLAINT

YOUR REF SKY REF:

TO THE HEAD OF COLLECTION SERVICES AT INTRUM JUSTISA

On or around approx 1year 6 months ago.

An agent representing your organisation collected a payment for the total sum of £110.00 from my previous

This payment has not been applied to my account and SKY TV is still showing the debt as outstanding. You have previously requested a payment book in order to investigate this complaint, but as the payment was a significant one off full and final settlement no payment book was used. Your agent did provide us with a receipt but, due to change of address, the receipt was lost.

I am confident that your systems and procedures will allow you to identify the payment as detailed above, I respectfully request to know the reason why you stopped pursuing the debt form the date of my last payment was made to your collecting agent.

We have spoken to rep on the telephone all the information you will need is on your data base.

Whilst we endeavour to resolve this matter through your formal complaint procedure,we reserve the right to lodge a formal complaint with the FOS, which I understand will result in additional costs to your organisation.

Your faithfully

this is what i am going to send tommorrow,have i miss out anything????? your in put would be greatfully received

Just tidied it up for you Blue ;)

FORMAL COMPLAINT

YOUR REF: SKY REFNO:

TO THE HEAD OF COLLECTION SERVICES AT INTERIM JUSTICIA

Approximately eighteen months ago, an agent representing your organisation collected a payment for the total sum of £110.00 from my previous addres of xxxxxxxxx.

This payment has not been applied to my account and SKY TV are still showing the debt as outstanding. You have previously requested a payment book in order to investigate this complaint, but as the payment was a significant one off full and final settlement, no payment book was used. Your agent did provide me with a receipt but due to change of address, the receipt was lost.

I am confident that your systems and procedures will allow you to identify the payment as detailed above and I respectfully request to know the reason why you stopped pursuing the debt from the date my last payment was made to your collecting agent.

I have spoken to the representative on the telephone and have been advised that all the information you require will be on your database.

Whilst I will endeavour to resolve this matter through your complaints procedure, I reserve the right to lodge a formal complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service which, I understand, will result in additional costs to your organisation.

I expect your final response within 14 days of this letter.

Your faithfully

If you have spoken to their rep on the 'phone, I would make sure that you put his/her name in the letter ;)

Onthebrink, I see little point in sending the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) at this stage and would advise that Blue waits to see what response he receives to the above letter first 😎

Bo :)

• 2 weeks later...