Field Agent Knocking For Neighbour & I Used My CAG Knowledge!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I came home about an hour ago and a rough looking chap approached me and said ' Hang about love, do you know Mrs XYZ?, does she live 'ere?'.

I asked him who he was, he explained he was from Manchester and was a field agent.

I asked did he work for a DCA, he grinned, so I took that as a yes.

I aksed whether Mrs XYZ had had wish to make an appointment with him, seeing as he was banging on every door in the street. He replied 'Oh no, she don't knows I'm comin' yet, see, she've ad notice like, you know, card through post box but not what time I'm coming'

This confirmed it for me so I asked him to remove himself from the property (my allocated parking space), saying that if Mrs XYZ had had wish to make an appointment with him, she would be in, wouldn't she, so there was no reason why, under common law he should be trepassing on anyone's property.

Slightly taken aback, he told me I could go to prison for obstructing him in the process of his duties, I enquired as to whether he was a certified bailiff or a police officer, no on both counts there, so politely, I advised him he was merely a trepasser in a suit.

Obviously, having been given very little training he grunted at me and walked off muttering under his breath.

This is the first time I have ever face to face used the knowledge I have acquired here and I am not particularly confident but it shows that when the time came, I was able to use it.

It is obvious that the DCA's don't train their field staff, he had no response to me challenging him, you'd have thought they'd teach them at least to spout some jargon at me, whether it be true or not, alas, they must put that all into their telephone consultants.

The consumer fights back!

TF xx

• Haha 1

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

Brilliant Toothie!!

I bet he'll not be back in a hurry :)

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Nice one tooth fairy.

it only happens occasionally. but just rcently I've seen more

and more people take control of the DCA's and not be

bullied by them.

The tide is turning.

My girlfriend gives them hell now, when I first met her she

would believe everything they said in their threat-o-gram letters.

Not anymore. Now she reads them, laughs, and gets on the

computer to write a bogoff letter to them.

The more we stand up to them, the more likely one day they'll play by the rules and hopefully save people who aren't lucky enough to have

discovered the CAG when the DCA's come a calling.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Yay for the CAG. :grin:

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

Well done toothie - can I invite you round to deal with the (non-existent0 field agents who are going to call round to my door?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

go toothy.

You know i done the same today as well.

Essex and Suffolk water sent someone round for money l paid at the beginning of the month. I started quoting OFT guidelines at him and he asked who the OFT were and when l said to him that he was trespassing he said he could do what he liked and l said then you can explain your self to the police then as you have broken several oft guidelines and also the company had not given me notice to say you were comming round which is also not good.

He told me the police would do nothing so he was more than in his rite to demand money from me on my door step. So i decided to start being awkard and asking why then company he works for has failed to follow oft guideline by not stopping debt recovery action when an account is in dispute and has failed to deal with all my letters since june of last year and has failed to deal with my LBA.

He looked at me and asked what a LBA is. l said to him l am glad that your educated then siad wait one minute went and grabbed my mobile phone and came back to the door and pretended to call the police he soon moved.

my bro and partner were in stiches.

Needless to say l am writing a strongly worded letter to the company marked official complain and giving them 7 days to respond.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.