GE Money PPI - Account Cover Premiums

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

Please could anyone advise.

I have received some of my Dorothy Perkins statements back from GE Money along with a letter stating they have no data for various dates which add up to 13 months of missing statements. I had this card since Mar 03 and have been paying Account Cover Premiums since then. I want to claim back the monies I have paid, should I just estimate what I think I have paid on these missing months.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello Tiglet,

Thank you for your reply.

This is a paragraph from the letter I sent, is this similar to a S.A.R.?:

I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the insurance charges added to my account(s) with GE Captial Bank Limited. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept copies of my statements. I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to.

Also I would like to request a copy of the terms and conditions that were applicable to the above account(s) at the time I took out my agreement as I no longer have a copy and would like to check some of the details.

They have supplied me with some statements, they did not send me the terms and conditions I asked for either. I am going to write another letter today asking for the terms and conditons I asked for and the exact reason why they no longer have the data for my account.

I would recommend sending a SAR with the £10 fee - that way they are obliged to provide you with all information they hold.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Yes I will send a S.A.R. I did send them £10, to get the information I have received,I don't really want to send them another £10. Should I let me know I wont pay again as they should have provided me with all I needed to know at my first request.

The problem with ot paying them is you can suffer. The best with these companies is the DAR form but then a small claims summons. They are obliged by law to keep 6 years worth of information on your account. If they have lost it - tough cookie. Take them to court it will only cost you £25 for a £1500 claim.

You'll get lots of help and advice on here - don't be afraid to ask!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.