T K MAXX returns policy stinks

adamna
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone got any experience or advice about the T K Maxx returns policy?

I wasn’t able to return 2 items out of a HUGE shop I did for stuff that came to over £500 promptly, it was more than 30 days as the store isn’t near me at all. When I finally got to take them back (and queued for AGES) they said they could only refund me the price they were last sold for, which was 30p for a £7 item and about £5 for a £25 item. Both items had the original tickets on. There are no signs in the shop to say this, nor is there anything on their website beyond that they like stuff back within 30 days. For those not in the know, T K Maxx is like a huge jumble sale, and there is no concept of 'current stock' so things can't be an 'old line'. I emailed Customer Services and they don’t want to know. My attitude is I’d rather give the items to someone for nothing rather that accept the deal they are offering.

I’ve stopped shopping at TK Maxx because I’m so angry, which is a shame as I used to find it huge fun.

Why aren't we revolting?

Yes I had the receipt (it was massive) and one item was a baking tray that was too big to fit in my oven (blimey, it's an Aga which has huge ovens) the other a pair of jeans that didn't fit my son who wasn't with me at the time.

Why aren't we revolting?

Unless the items are not as described, then really you only have whatever contractual rights you have with the store.

In this case, the sizes of the items will have to be different from the size stated (if any). If it is a case of "bought it thining it would be ok" then really there is nothing you can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello people,

I am a very knowledgable dude about Tk MAzz and as such you still have two unanswered questions.

The question I have myself is- did you buy the items over the christmas period?

The answers I have for you is, TK Maxx reduce every single item's price every three weeks, and as such they will offer you lower prices for any items that you want to return anyway. The amount you spent there is irrelevant and even if you were the sole customer of TK Maxx I'm sure they'd hardly notice.

Also, an example of TK Maxx reduction policy would be: £7 to 5, then 3, then 2, then 1, then 0.70.

Unless you are returning something 15 weeks later I'm guessing the item you are returning is final clearance and as such they would be reduced every day until they are sold

Thanks for that insight, I did my shopping in June, so not Christmas!

If they want to operate a sliding refund policy, it would be a great idea to make that clear with signs etc. as no other shop I've evercome across does! Forewarned is forearmed, and I for one might decide not to buy without trying on first, or for absent others such as my children.

Why aren't we revolting?

I agree - it is not always possible to return things in 2 weeks - I am lucky if I get time to shop every 2 months- that is why I am starting to shop online more.

I tooks stuff back after 45 days, with a receipt, all labels in tact and they would only give me £30 credit for £80 worth of stuff. I have spent thousands with them whilst doing 2 houses up and they just dont care - their attitude is reckless and a little arrogant - it will be interesting to see how they fare.

I am finished with TK Maxx, at the start they were great, but their prices are not that great - particularly on all this stuff they are bringing in from China and the far east - the RRP labels are suspect! - I find good bargain online nowadays.

I just think that there is no way that they would put the items you bring back out on the shelves for 30p!! The staff would probably snaffle them first - so to bring the prices down like that is unrealistic and I suspect just a ploy to avoid giving customers a refund.

I do hope someone from TX MAXX (or is it TK MINN. REFUND) looks here occasionally :D

The rrp are obviously fictional, but it's for you to decide it it's a good deal or not, very often it's not, sometimes it is.

Why aren't we revolting?

• 2 weeks later...

The RRPs are not fictional as this would be a breach of the Trade Description Act. What phantom2001 says is correct. TK MAXX would need a computer system akin to those at NASA to keep track of the 6 weekly deliveries and 30,000 items of stock an average store hold.

Also another reason why the refunds are not given is that TK MAXX is a very easy store for fraudulant refunders to target, given the high turnover rate of stock.

TKMAX put me off going in there when I took back a xmas pressy I bought for son, prior to xmas and changed mind. As I went in all alarms went off. I had receipt and they refunded back to card, but as I perused the store looking for bargain they followed me around like a maffia hit squad. I'm sure cos my pressy had this huge metal alarm thing on, left at purchase I'm told, (how the hell they missed it is beyond me) so I think they thought I was a tea leaf.

I would never spend my money there again. One of them even spoke to me looking at filofax and asked my opinion on price, he was given nod by another woman following me from refunds. If you dont suffer from paranioa, TKMAX would be capable of causing it.:mad:

TK MAXX would need a computer system akin to those at NASA to keep track of the 6 weekly deliveries and 30,000 items of stock an average store hold.

No problem keeping track of the 'last price' though ;)

Also another reason why the refunds are not given is that TK MAXX is a very easy store for fraudulant refunders to target, given the high turnover rate of stock.

Well that's one way to keep honest shoppers out - treat them like thieves! But it makes no sense, if you've got a receipt and the barcoded goods purchased that match up to it, how is there a problem? Perhaps I'm not well educated enough in the ways of the seemingly popular sport of 'fraudulent refunders' (whatever that is) but I don't need anything enough to risk being treated like a criminal, so not going back. What an unpleasant attitude towards customers, and I'll bet that the profits reflect the incredibly high turnover of stock, what's to complain about?

Why aren't we revolting?

I bought my son a t-shirt from TK-Maxx yesterday. The girl at the checkout gave me a little wallet with the receipt on their new "returns policy". From 1 April you now only have 14 days in which to return items (I think it used to be 28 or 30), and you must have your receipt in order to return anything.

It didn't say anything at all about returns without a receipt. So I take it from that that if you don't have your receipt you cannot return anything.

I'm not returning son's t-shirt though, it was a fab bargain :D

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Well, it's good that they are making it clear, that's an improvement. Of course statutory rights apply whatever they say, and after you've made your purchase is a little late to set out the terms. 2 weeks is quite short if you're not a dedicated shopper, and a lot of their stores are in retail parks that would entail a special trip.

Why aren't we revolting?

I bought my son a t-shirt from TK-Maxx yesterday. The girl at the checkout gave me a little wallet with the receipt on their new "returns policy". From 1 April you now only have 14 days in which to return items (I think it used to be 28 or 30), and you must have your receipt in order to return anything.

It didn't say anything at all about returns without a receipt. So I take it from that that if you don't have your receipt you cannot return anything.

I'm not returning son's t-shirt though, it was a fab bargain :D

That will only apply where it is returned as part of the store's own policy - e.g, if you change you mind.

Where it is a return due a fault for example, then that policy cannot apply. All that is required in such a case is proof of purchase - of which a receipt is the best form.