TV/internet shopping channel bid.tv

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes conniff but the company has said before when i said they have 7 days that they cant do it in that and that the payment would need to be approved b4 they can releise it whcih makes it 14 days

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As they are making interest should i add interest to the claim or just leave it with what i have?

I have asked for a refund of the MP4 palyers cost

refund of the P+p they charged me

refund of the P+P i paid to send it back

compo of XX as well which is less than the interest i think.

Have not worked the interest out due to it being a bit mind boggling and waiting on a CC statement

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

well it have put in big clear letters that it is a letter before action so no need to worry there.

Yes conniff i wont mess with them again.

I am thinking tho off adding a line that says summing like this.

Unless this is sorted out within 14 days l reserve the rite to take further action without further notice to you. This may result in court action.

I know it does not make sense at the moment but it was typing and thinking at the same time and this is how it poped into my head.

well it have put in big clear letters that it is a letter before action

Unless this is sorted out within 14 days l reserve the rite to take further action without further notice to you. This may result in court action.

You're contradicting yourself. It either is a letter before action, or it isn't. It can't be a 'letter before possibly maybe thinking about taking some kind of action or maybe not'.

Just tell them they have 14 days to respond or you'll issue a summons. If you're not prepared to issue a claim against them then it's pretty pointless even wasting your time sending the letter in the first place.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

what i said also was i was typing as i was thinking so if it did not make sense then i am sorry.

I am thinking if i send the LBA do i say i will issue court papers or go to the necessary authorities if they have not given me the money with 14 days or do i go for the kill and say if not i will inform the authorites and start legal procedings

I am thinking that the threat of authoriist contact them may kick them in to gear.

To be honest, with the way they've messed you around so far I don't think they'll do a thing until they receive court papers. Personally, I'd just give them 7 days and then submit a claim as soon as the deadline expires.

If you want to get your money back you can't afford to be nonchalant any longer - you need to take some action.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

ok have made a decission at last

I am putting in the letter that l have spoken to TS, as i will be tomorrow and thy have advised me that unless i et my money back within 14 days of the letter being signed for then i am to issue court procedings.

As a result of this i am giving you 14 days to give me my money back and the compensation or l will issue court proceding against you. Returning the money and compansation to the card you took the money from will be fine with me.

i think that sounds ok. It needs to be 14 days as the company has a 14 day money return policy.

Chrissi

letter is wrote printed out and all the other docs are also there ready to go.

I have given them 14 days but that is for 2 reasons. 1 there policy is 14 days money back and 2 i have got to be in hospital next week for tests so 14 days is more helpful towards me.

Chrissi

letter send yesterday and is on it way to them according to the website.

Let them find there way out of this.

I hate the waiting game.

They have my letter but they have not contacted me. How much longer till they actually give me the money god knows but i just want a phone call to say they are now investigation my case FFS

ok i am just writing a draft POC and have a couple of question that i will as later but i will tell you what i have done first.

* I have said how much the item was without the P+P charges. There P+P

* I have said how much the P+P charge is. There P+P

* I have said what P+P I was chareged to return the item back to them.

I have also put on a brief outline of the details

Which basically says.

On DATE i purchesed from Company tradinging under one of is sister companys called COMPANY a MP4 player

When i recieved this item it was broken

I then go into a bit more detail telling them what i basically posted in my original post and the LBA.

What I want

* the cost of the MP4 player@

* the cost of the P+P they charged me @

* the cost of my P+P returning this product to the COMPANY@

* compensation @£50.00

* interest on the original amout of the MP4 player @0.00022 a day totalling

* interest on the P+P they charged me to get the MP4 player @0.00022 a day totalling

*interst on the P+P i paid to return the item back to them @0.00022 a day totalling

* interest to date of judgement/ day i get the money back in my bank or on my credit card @0.00022 a day totalling

*interest on the compensation @0.00022 a day totalling

Now my questions.

1) can i charge interest on the 3 things i have underlined. I am guessing i may not be able to on the compensation but how about the other 2?

how does my POC so far sound and could i make any adjustments?

bump please help i do need the info b4 i make a prat of my self.

You have sent the letter before action Chrissi, the one above is still a request. The next thing they should receive are the court papers.

You can't keep asking, you have given them every chance, you have sent a lba and still they are messing you around.

Don't bother with the above, go on-line and fill in the mcol, you can detail what you want in their.

i don't think you can add interest to the p&p.

what about the interest to date of judgement/ day the money is cleard on my card

what about the interest on the compo.

The LBAs time is up next thursday but need to sort everything now.

Oh and BTW the above is fot the POC NOT a LBA letter.

BUMP

please i need to get the court papers sorted so i can file on the day they deafult.

Where are your POCs? All I see in post #63 is some snippets from an LBA.

no it is a work in progress. This is what i have got so far and i have expanded a bit on it but i dont want to post it all until i have everything i want.

Which basically says.

On DATE i purchesed from Company tradinging under one of is sister companys called COMPANY a MP4 player

I then go into a bit more detail telling them what i basically posted in my original post and the LBA.

I was just wondering more about the bits i have underlined so i can put them in the POC and then post it up.

Also i have put in post # 63 that it is a draft poc, its in the first line.

I will post up what i have put tomorrow or saturday due to being busy.

how does my POC so far sound

BUMP

please i need to get the court papers sorted so i can file on the day they deafult.

i dont want to post it all until i have everything i want

Sorry you've lost me now and I have no idea what you're asking.

You want to know if your POCs are ok but you don't want to post them? :confused:

If you post your POCs on here then I'm sure somebody will take a look and critique for you.

ok here goes.

In post #63 this is what i put up saying it was a draft POC and basically what i had done so far.

ok i am just writing a draft POC and have a couple of question that i will as later but i will tell you what i have done first.

* I have said how much the item was without the P+P charges. There P+P

* I have said how much the P+P charge is. There P+P

* I have said what P+P I was chareged to return the item back to them.

Which basically says.

I then go into a bit more detail telling them what i basically posted in my original post and the LBA

I then asked at the end of post #63

how does my POC so far sound and could i make any adjustments?

I am wondering about 2 things does that sound ok for starters.

I will post the whole thing up when it is finished as it doe not make sense.

the other think i am worried about is what i can ask for. I am a bit worried as i have seen threads where ppl have asked for things and one person has said they cant do that and some one elase has said they can.

Now i am asking for this.

What I want

* the cost of the MP4 player@

* the cost of the P+P they charged me @

* the cost of my P+P returning this product to the COMPANY@

* compensation @£50.00

Mainly because i have asked for this in my LBA

I am worried about this lot.

Now in red it what they have charged me as a total amount so do i put it as a total amount and break it down in brackets for the judge to see and can i charge interest at the daily rate for both of these or not?

* interest on the original amout of the MP4 player @0.00022 a day totalling

* interest on the P+P they charged me to get the MP4 player @0.00022 a day totalling

now the blue is what coniff has said i cant charge so i will not be unless he is wrong

*interst on the P+P i paid to return the item back to them @0.00022 a day totalling

The green is confusing me due to not knowing who is right from other threads. Can i charge interest on the compensation and can i charge interest untill date of judgement or not?

* interest to date of judgement/ day i get the money back in my bank or on my credit card @0.00022 a day totalling

*interest on the compensation @0.00022 a day totalling

right this should now make sense.

now all i need to do is get the rest of the DRAFT poc making sense and in te right order.

FFS.

I am so annoyed now.

i have wrote to them demanding my money back by sending a LBA and they have not even bothered to pick the parcel up still.

Look:-

Track & Trace

Results Your item with reference ZC606625289GB has reached its PO Box and is awaiting collection/delivery.

blank.gif

They have had the letter as royal mail have said so

Your item with reference DW021943932GB was delivered from our ACTON Delivery Office on 12/03/08 .

erm i think i have gone wrong with the calculations of the interset etc.

I followed what was posted earlier but the calcs dont seem to be making sense.

This is what i done.

*count the number of days between due date and todays date/date of claim. Rite they took the money on the 22nd june 2007 and i have counted up to the deafult day of next thursday is 279.

* multiply £42.98 by 0.00022= subtotal. I done this 42.98*0.00022=9.4556*10-3???????????

* multiply subtotal by the number of days. I done this ( l pressed times which just added to the calculation the previous answer) * 279= 2.6381124 ??????????

now l am not a maths expert but that does not sound rite to me unless i have gone wrong some were.

I also done it this way which made more sense to me.

* 279 days

* 4298*0.00022= 0.94556.

* 0.94556*279=263.81124

Can somebody who knows how to do maths tell me where i have gone wrong please as i seem to be having a few problems.

Your sums look fine, so £2.64 is the amount of interest to date.