SORN Fine - Shocking News!!

Filthy Monkey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have an X5, which has sat doing nothing for the last few months, as my girlfriend, who normally uses it, is using another for work these days. The tax ran out at the end of December and, having gone on holiday for a couple of weeks in January, I forgot to tax it. I got back to my house in Glasgow a couple of days ago and, surprise surprise, there was a letter from the DVLA waiting for me, with an £80 fine attached.

Now, the shocking news - I'm actually going to pay it!!! I figure, this one is my fault, so there's no point trying to get out of it. I can just see the headlines now -

***CAG Member Actually Pays Fine*** :D

Funnily enough, in the same mail I had a letter from Aktiv Kapital, asking me to pay £1271 for an outstanding debt from 12 years ago, which I know nothing about. I had this out with them months ago, when a default suddenly appeared on my credit file. Luckily, after a rather amusing phone call to them, it was removed within 24hrs. I called them again after a few more letters and pointed out that, as well as them being unable to provide a CCA or any details about the debt, it was statute barred anyway. The guy on the other end of the phone responded by stating that, despite the debt being statute barred, surely I should feel morally obliged to pay it? By the time I stopped laughing, he had hung up... :rolleyes: