Just to make us aware

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I originally started this thread in the wrong place - donkey.

But given more people are looking at this thread than where I posted it in the media section, I may as well post something here as oppose to three dots (...)

Test Case Now Over.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Thanks GuidoT - must admit the three dots had me confuddled:o But your link makes interesting reading especially as the judge is saying he may rule on stayed cases within the month - shame about the Banks being worried about the volume of calls from customers once the judge gives his verdict ... what planet have they been living on all this time?:rolleyes:

Thanks GuidoT - must admit the three dots had me confuddled:o But your link makes interesting reading especially as the judge is saying he may rule on stayed cases within the month - shame about the Banks being worried about the volume of calls from customers once the judge gives his verdict ... what planet have they been living on all this time?:rolleyes:

What the judge is saying is that within a month after handing down judgement the county courts would have been able to tranaslate his findings on current T&Cs to the historical T&Cs that are the subject of the current stayed cases.

Ok i am a little confused...does this mean that the judge will announce his decision within a month and only then we can start claiming?

I had written to my bank...HSBC...back in july...just a week after i wrote to them asking for my money back...the OFT test case was announced. So they wrote to me saying that we can do anything until we know the outcome of the case.

Because of this, i did not file a court case, and thought i might as well wait till january.

What would you guys advice me to do now? Should i file a case anyway? or should i just wait for the announcement and then write to HSBC again?

Ok i am a little confused...does this mean that the judge will announce his decision within a month and only then we can start claiming?

I had written to my bank...HSBC...back in july...just a week after i wrote to them asking for my money back...the OFT test case was announced. So they wrote to me saying that we can do anything until we know the outcome of the case.

Because of this, i did not file a court case, and thought i might as well wait till january.

What would you guys advice me to do now? Should i file a case anyway? or should i just wait for the announcement and then write to HSBC again?

I would file your claim now, so that you are a higher priority to pay when the test case does finish, interest starts accruing etc.

There is nothing to prevent filing your claim at court, although the banks true to form like to give you the impression that you should not.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.