Had to have some repairs done to house,but am left with leaks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Might help if you give some more details i.e. what was the original problem, what repairs were done, how has this caused a leak, who carried out the work, what action you've taken so far, etc.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

They broke the bath whilst putting in anew window ,they put in anew bath, but there are leaks underneath where the taps are.So far i have been to CAB who tried to phone them but manager always in ameeting,.CAB now say take them to court as letters never answered or phone calls returned

Cant give names but have paid builders their money for window repairs,they put the bath in for free but leaks appeared.No nastyness all been polite but they just wont say when they will fix leaks ,Went to cab and the lady phoned the company several times and manager always to busy .Wrote letters and e-mail but they will not reply.Dont realy want to go down the court road ,maybe a better letter would have a result

Of course always try to keep it amicable. Try a recorded delivery letter asking when the plumber will be out to complete the bath repair and make the plumbing watertight.

You could even enclose a self addressed envelope to give them an easy life and see what you get back. If no reply within 10 days then I would make them aware that you will seek litigation against them if they don't reply within 7 days.

After that 7 days then send them a letter before action stating that no further correspondence will be entered into.

If the leaks are serious, then you can tell them that if they don't appear to complete the repairs within 7 days you will call in another plumber and send the bill to them. You can then pursue non payment if they don't pay up in the courts.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi conniff, they did noyhing ,even too buisy to speak to CAB .Did what you said and now going to put p/work and take them to court ,dont really want to but nothing else we can do will update later when we serve court papers

Hi popeye. I'm not sure if this is the definative word on this, perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge of the legal standing can chip in.

It would seem to me that if you issue court papers for work to be completed then there is nothing the courts can enforce, they can order them, but can't stand over them with a whip and make them do it.

On the other hand, if you get the work done by another plumber and then send them the bill, there are ways of getting money out of them if they refuse to pay ie baliffs.

This will also include your costs and any decorating you have to do as a consequence of their errors.

I have asked for assistance as to if I am correct or not popeye.

• dx100uk changed the title to Had to have some repairs done to house,but am left with leaks