Do you need a parachute account?

barracad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a natwest basic account a few years ago, started with a Solo card (useless as no-one takes them), then switched to Alliance and leicester basic account a year ago. Started with a horrid Visa Electron, but they let me have a normal visa after a few months. Unfortunately now need to find another basic account...!

Banofi :|

Lloyds *WON* £1469.82 :-D

NatWest *WON* £1177.00. :-D

Morgan Stanley *WON* £112 :)

Barclaycard *WON* £144 :)

Nationwide LBA 22nd Sept 2006. Court claim filed for £5792.29 31st July 2007.

Lloyds Credit Card flatly refused to pay me on 11/12/2006.

Egg Credit Card. Small offer made (£24.00). 17/2/2007, refusal letter sent 18/2/2007.

Useful links:

www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23608

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank are part of the same banking group. Instead of a Solo or Electron card, they offer all Basic Account Customers a Maestro card, which apart from guaranteeing cheques, is the same card they give to their non-Basic Account Customers. The interest on the Instant Access Savings accounts is a bit lousy, but the call centres are based in Scotland and the Customer Advisors are very helpful.

• 4 months later...

I'm awaiting my credit file but I have a default on it from RBS and the only bank account I possess is a child savings account with Lloyds (obviously I'm not a child anymore!) Lloyds claimed there are 'anomalies' on my credit file and rejected me for a bank account. So I read this thread and I applied for a Co-Op Cashminder account. I gave them a call earlier and is been 'referred'. I imagine it'll probably be rejected! They said they will let me know in 48 hours.

All this with only ONE default on my credit file, no other debts! I really need a bank account for my wages to go into! I suppose I may have no option soon but to apply for the Post-Office account!! How is it peple who hve bee made bankrupt are able to get accounts when I can't even get a basic account!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a reference point I have a pretty poor credit history and needed a business bank account as i am currently contracting to a local authority. Nat West run a foundation account which comes with a cheque book, cash card (solo) and telephone and internet banking. They dont promote this account and you have to ask for it. (It is tolally non ststus but wont accept undischarged bankrupts or a record of fraud.

Halifax also have a treasurer's account which is non status but again they dont advertise this and you must ask for it. IF THEY OFFER TO TRY OPENING ANY OTHER TYPE OF ACCOUNT SAY NO AND ASK FOR A TREASURERS ACCOUNT. ANY OTHER ACCOUNT THEY WILL CREDIT CHECK YOU AND THEN THROW YOU OUT OF THE BRANCH.

This only comes with a passbook, so you will need to go to branch to withdraw money and there are no DD or Internet banking possible, so this is as basic as you can get but a solution to the problem.

I have now opened two business account and found it easier using a business start-up company called Secretariat who have better relationships with the banks than I have but they do charge about £150 to do this. (I have no business interest in this company just passing on my experiences with them). They also offered me an account with Barclays but because i didnt take it up i dont know what it is called.

I hope this is helpfull

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kizzi

I reckon you'll get your Cashminder account - I've just received my renewal card, but watch the b******s.

I went into the red by a few pounds when I was getting it up and running , and then the wretched building society debited a double amount. OK, I got it back (two weeks later) but since then the Co-op has refused any direct debits to the account.

Personally, I think they should stick to selling cabbages and peas.

Good luck!

Van

What about Think Banking? No experience myself but I know several people who use them.

No credit checks. Costs £25 to set up then £12.50 per month. Supposedly no other bank charges.

You notify them of all your regular outgoings. When your salary goes in, they transfer what's left after these outgoings to a second account, which has a Maestro card.

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...