childrens tax credit refund

peacock
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Further to my post on 16th April I am STILL waiting on my cheque.

I phoned again yesterday and evetually somebody answered and she kept checking different details etc, then when she came back to the phone she said Leeds have got a processing backlog of between 4-6 weeks due to having to deal with claims from this year first.

She said I shouldn't have been given a timescale in the first place. Needless to say I wasn't happy so grudgingly she gave me the address of Leeds for where to send my complaint.

Who else is there that you can complain about the service (or lack of) from these people, surely theres got to be somebody who they answer to cos I would like to get in touch with them aswell.

Thanks

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

shes about as much use as you know what

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

we asked for her help regarding my other post and she's done nothing at all. I have been advised to write to her opposition but I havent done so yet.

Settled at 50%

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

Hi Kerrie and the rest of the tax credit refund crew! I have just spoken to the tax office regarding this they told me that my tax code in 2002/2003 was 461 so i didnt recieve and tax credits for that year beyond that he cant see any other details prior to that so ive sent off my letter so here goes................

i rang this lot and apparently i didnt receive in 2001~2002 nor 2002~2003

which they admitted on the telephone, but siad even if they send out the form then they arent guaranteed to pay and would have to fight my case against them :confused:

1st child born 27/09/94

2 children born 28/06/96

can only live in hope

honey x

Just an update on mine, I phoned our MP case worker again and asked her to look into this and see why it's taking so long, as it has been 4 months now and each time I call them I get no further forward.

She has assured me she will call them and see what is going on but I havent had any feedback yet.

Has anyone else actually received a cheque yet?

Settled at 50%

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I phoned again yesterday to ask what was happening with my claim. The operator said that there was unfortunately still no update on her screen. But she could see that I had called on May 2nd and had been advised to call back in 4-6 weeks, so she said she would telephone the department and ask if they could hurry it through (pity they didnt hurry it through when they got it on Jan 25th lol). So still no cheque for me either.

Settled at 50%

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

• 1 month later...

Update:

I telephoned 2 weeks ago demanding this be sorted out that day as I was tired of being fobbed off, only to be told by a young lad that he was passing my case back down to my local IR Office for an urgent review. I Waited a week and telephoned again to be told that they had passed it down as agreed but there was no update as yet.

Then the day after I had called my local office wrote me a letter stating that the Childrens Tax Relief claims were currently being looked into and if I needed any further advice then I could contact them on a new number.

This morning they sent me another letter and it states (after almost 6 months and at least 10 phone calls) that my husband received the money as part of his tax code for both years in question. The lady says that If I dispute this then its up to us to prove otherwise within 30 days or she will close the case.

Now this is where I am stuffed, because I am sure I sent the p45's off to them initially as requested and now I don't have them, and they said they haven't go them either.

I am 80% sure that we havent received this benefit during 02/03 as previously 2 seperate operators in Yprkshire have told me that we didn't receive it, and one of them even gave me the breakdown of what I would be getting.

Now I feel this is a ploy to put me off but I need to know if there is a way I can obtain duplicate p45's for the tax years 2001/2 and 2002/3

Thanks

Settled at 50%

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

• 3 months later...

thanks for your reply. I appear to be going to get a payment for the next yr too but when reading these posts it seems like they didnt make the cut-off date in Jan 07. (plus as we all know nothing was publicised that we could be due something) I came across it through default

Hiya again - I must look for my letter now...I think it said that payment was made through tax credits for one of the years we asked about and that the cut off date was Jan 07 for the other one so they wouldnt even be looking at that...will have a look later and let you know...I read somewhere ages ago too on the web about the possibility of taking them for breaching some right - will have to find where that was too :)

Hiya Martin Lewis website has a benefits section entitled `does the tax man owe you...` I tried to copy and paste it here but it wouldnt work for me :-!

Anyway theres a member suggested s.32 of the 1980 limitations act being quoted in relation to our rights...will google and see if theres anything wlse when I find the letter...too cold to go looking for it at the minute - its freezing :roll:

Edited by crispqueen
edited to correct my spelling :-0

Hehe - no :rolleyes: lol

Ive the pc only and its in the living room where the fires lit...Its freezing here in Northern Ireland ya know - especially where I live in the mountains (well a bit of a mountain - more like a hill) but its snowing and icy and I like my comforts too much - must still go and look for that letter though:)

Haha

you gave me a laugh there - it does sound funny...found the letter but its not beside me so Im not gettin up from the heat again - btw Im laughing so much that my 7 year old is asking me whats so funny - which is makin me laugh even more :grin:

I feel like Im talking to myself cos I wouldnt go and get the letter either if I couldnt be bothered even tho I had found it. Maybe when the climate changes you will let me know what the letter says cos I now cannot mind what its for now. My 6yr old asks "what??" when I sit erupting at my computer and I make something up and he says "thats not funny" which like you makes me laugh more and more. It's cold here. Surely youve got central heating. You act like you can only sit in one spot in your house otherwise you will freeze over. Maybe its cos you are high up on that mountain. Im gonna google northern ireland to check out those mountains.

Hiya again - I was laughin again and the my hubby asked me what was so funny...told him `its a long story but never thought the tax man could make me giggle so much!`

Well - guess what I`m in the same place haha...ran outa oil and had to light the fire...now I`ve got oil again I`m able to venture a few rooms at a time lol

So - I`ve got the letter and can tell you what it says (just think we could`ve kept this goin for ages and probably wouldve been banned from posting here cos we`re havin tooo much fun:roll:

So here goes - first letter Aug 08

`records indicate that you have already recieved tax relief for 2002-03 as a paye assessment was carried out 2 October 2003 which resulted in a repayment to you`

Please note the time line for submitting a claim for the year 2001-02 has now expired as the deadline was 31 January 2008`

then it said he would look into it further

Next letter - 10 October 2008

`I have now completed my enquiry into your claim for childrens tax credit income tax relief for the year 2002-03`

...blah blah blah -

and a statement of a right to appeal within 30 days

So I m happy enough that he checked it for the years for 2002-03 - but you`d think he couldve humoured me and even just looked into the year previous...dont really know what to do next about this...will have to do a bit more googlin now the snows stopped lol - by the way its -2 here tonight:eek:

valerie

Edited by crispqueen
correcting my spellings again :-)