PCN from CCTV Oxford Street

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The same equally applies to the LA.

Indeed it does. Governing bodies, or those who represent them, must of course be as equally accountable to the law as private citizens.

There is nothing petulant about upholding this at all.

Absolutely. There is however, a great deal petulant about posts 10 and 17.

In them, gonnagetthemback behaves unacceptably in response to those who point out her initial error of ignoring the sign. This was not a simple error or lapse, this was - by her own admission - a calculated decision to ignore the law.

If the charge has been levied illegally then gonnagetthemback should have the right to appeal against it. What I - and it seems several others - find objectionable is both the attitude that it is acceptable to break the law, only to complain when faced with the consequences, and to condemn those who object to this behaviour simply because it is not what you want to hear.

• Haha 1

A penalty charge is just what it says a PENALTY for breaking the law. If you think its excessive good because that the whole point its supposed to be a deterent. At the end of the day if you park illegally it doesn't matter if you get ticketed by a guy in the street, a cctv camera or a satellite in space for that matter the point is you were still parked on the pavement which is against the law. If someone burgled your house would you think it unfair if they got caught on cctv rather than by a passing policeman, I very much doubt it. Road signs and road markings are the LAW if you don't agree with them then either put up with the fines or walk. The OP is lucky that she got a PCN and not a summons to appear in caught for failing to obey a road sign. Having a photo taken of your CAR is in no way infringing your civil liberties, cars do not have the same rights as humans fortunatly. The only rights that where broken in your case was the freedom for pedestrians to walk safely down the footway.

read my reply again, I have no problem paying a fine if I break a traffic regulation. I have a problem with this issue because my car was not blocking people from walking up & down the street there is a very wide pavement. I do not agree with you on the point about CCTV, I used to be a parking attendant & we were told that unless you place a ticket on the car the person does not have to pay the fine.

It is an infringement of our civil liberties because we were not told of the change, when the congestion charge came in to force we were all told about it, same with the new emissions charge.

I also have a problem with this because a few yards down the road you are allowed to park on the side of the pavement, all I was doing was trying to keep out of the way of the oncoming traffic.

lastly your point about cctv being used if a burglar is breaking in, your point is not relevant as burglary & theft are criminal laws, parking enforcement is a civil law proceeding

lastly your point about cctv being used if a burglar is breaking in, your point is not relevant as burglary & theft are criminal laws, parking enforcement is a civil law proceeding

Absolute nonsense.....:rolleyes:

Er, which part?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Absolute nonsense.....:rolleyes:

I wish the courts would see it your way. If parking were still ruled to be a criminal matter then the entire council side of it would be completely illegal and unenforceable.

They get away with it as it is done under a 'civil' flag of convenience.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

read my reply again, I have no problem paying a fine if I break a traffic regulation. I have a problem with this issue because my car was not blocking people from walking up & down the street there is a very wide pavement. I do not agree with you on the point about CCTV, I used to be a parking attendant & we were told that unless you place a ticket on the car the person does not have to pay the fine.

It is an infringement of our civil liberties because we were not told of the change, when the congestion charge came in to force we were all told about it, same with the new emissions charge.

I also have a problem with this because a few yards down the road you are allowed to park on the side of the pavement, all I was doing was trying to keep out of the way of the oncoming traffic.

Every month there are changes to laws that affect the public the govt. cannot write personally to each person explaining changes in detail. I could see a slight justification in your complaint if the actual law on parking on the footway had changed and you got caught out but it hadn't it was just that the enforcement process had changed slightly. CCTV PCNs do not have to be put on the vehicle at the time of issue so your ticket was issued lawfully. The point I was trying to make was saying it was unfair because of the method of enforcement holds no water. I know its illegal to park on double yellow lines, if I park there its out of my own free choice, the Council have not tricked me into parking there, if they see me on CCTV, on foot or on a moped they have still caught me breaking the law its MY fault its in no way unfair. Its the same as those that moan the PA was hiding around the corner when they parked illegally, its like a shoplifter complaining the store detective was hiding and if they had seem him they would not have stolen, its ridiculous.

Parking illegally was decriminalised NOT legalised it has not lessened the offence by making it a civil contravention despite what some may think it has just changed the process in which the matter is dealt with.

Not all parking offences have been decriminalised obviously it can depend on where one lives. I also think green&mean's example was valid, many people are more than happy to have cctv to help in the prevention of crime, therefore they can't have it both ways and choose to opt out of it's use in cases such as the original topic under discussion.

read my reply again, I have no problem paying a fine if I break a traffic regulation. But you did break a traffic regulation by parking (half) on the pavement.I have a problem with this issue because my car was not blocking people from walking up & down the street there is a very wide pavement. The width of the pavement is irrelevant. Otherwise, just what width of pavement would it be acceptable to park on?. I do not agree with you on the point about CCTV, I used to be a parking attendant How ironic! & we were told that unless you place a ticket on the car the person does not have to pay the fine. Which is due to change very soon.

It is an infringement of our civil liberties because we were not told of the change, when the congestion charge came in to force we were all told about it, same with the new emissions charge. Sorry, since when did we have the civil liberty to break the law? CCTV is just a new method of detecting when a law is broken in much the same way as a burglar or rapist convicted by using DNA. Just because a burglar didnt know about DNA doesn't mean he can claim his rights have been breached.

I also have a problem with this because a few yards down the road you are allowed to park on the side of the pavement, all I was doing was trying to keep out of the way of the oncoming traffic. Just beacuse its ok in one location does not mean you can assume its ok somewhere else.

sorry all points of view are totally correct I have just had a bad month & now I am out of work which means an £80 fine is the last thing I need right now

I will be paying the fine but it would of been nice to know about these little smart cars (which look to make the brough of havering in excess of 1.25million for the 1st 6months of the year)

I am guilty of becoming too complacent & the fact that there were no traffic wardens around thinking that I would be helping out the oncoming traffic by getting out of the way while I picked up my kids from their aunts flat. Lesson learned, whats next ? tickets for dogs fouling the footpath easy just follow you home then issue a fixed penalty

I do think that CCTV should be used for some other things but I still think we are being watched too much & this can only end badly or maybe I have seen one to many science fiction films :-)

Lesson learned, whats next ? tickets for dogs fouling the footpath easy just follow you home then issue a fixed penalty.

You may laugh but there are plans afoot by the London Councils to decriminalise many enviromental offences currently dealt with by a fixed penalty notice and issue PCNs instead, so watch where you drop that chewing gum or let your doggie pooh they may be watching you! :lol:

I do think that CCTV should be used for some other things but I still think we are being watched too much & this can only end badly or maybe I have seen one to many science fiction films :-)

I don't doubt it for a minute. This makes scary reading:

UK has 1% of world's population but 20% of its CCTV cameras | the Daily Mail

I don't doubt it for a minute. This makes scary reading:

UK has 1% of world's population but 20% of its CCTV cameras | the Daily Mail

It's only a matter of time before Big Brother really is watching you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

morning gonnagetthemback

hope you are still with us after all the uninformed nonsense you have been subjected to.

bad news i,m afraid, cars are prohibited from oxford st. between 7.00AM and 7.00PM. monday to saturday, so it looks like they have got you on this one.

IMHO proberly best to pay up whille you are still in the discounted period.

Best of luck BB

:mad:LF53

Please, let's try and keep the thread free of puerile banter - that's what the bear garden is there for ;)

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.