one alternative bank

micko19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have gone to www.thinkbanking.com ....

Abbey paid out handsomely last year thanks to you guys but now they have more strange named charges and just as much. I am not saying think banking are perfect.... I dont know yet as i have just joined..... but i would rather pay 10 a month with the guarantee of no charges. It is vastly more honest.

Pure joy cancelling all my debits from shabbey money thieves....

Think banking had to happen and i bet there will be a load of copy cats in the next 6 months as the banks realise their income is walking out the door regardless off the result in OFT VS BANKS litigation...

cheers

After further research and some bad views in forums i decided to cancel account under the 14 day cooling off period. They told me they cannot send a cheque(for 700 i put in) and i have to collect from an rbs on the day of cancellation only. So more fool me I am sending them 14 day lba and will go straight to the courts for my money

TO BE AVOIDED

SORRY FOR PREVIOUS POSTS

Aren't these Just the Royal Bank of Scotland?

23/02/07 Request for payment sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

08/03/07 Standard Letter from Barlclays saying they are looking in to my complaint received

13/03/07 Letter before action sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

27/03/07 Partial offer of £1255 received

29/03/07 MCOL submitted

There is a £12.50 monthly account fee!

Mailman

A lot of people will prefer this system, £12.50 a month that you know will be taken can be budgeted for and its not actually a huge sum compared with the charges we have all been paying to the high street banks.

Personally I don't want free banking, my dad always used to say there is no such thing as a free lunch and its true. I will pay for a good service that doesn't let me down and I will be looking at this option to see if they can do just that.

pete

I'm only paying £10 a month with my Lloyds/TSB Gold account........ ;) although they're desperately trying to 'upgrade' me to a Platinum,....at £15......:rolleyes: LOL! - on their bikes!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Thanks for all the interest in the post.

I would not act as a promoter of any bank till i have tried it out and would like to be very clear on that as i said in my first mail.

What i think is ....that this is indicative of a large change in the banking landscape and its good to know that if the courts let us down after the onslaught of britains 70 best lawyers hired by the banks we can still act. If we all moved to these sort of banks the other banks will lose their huge incomes from illegal penalty charges anyway....................

The cat is out of the bag and the landscape has changed....

Think banking customers would, of course, provide a nice target market for Gregory Pennington, who own Think banking and who just happen to be a debt management company.

What a jolly wheeze Michael.... first help you get in debt - then charge you for helping you out of it.......... :rolleyes:

I quote from thinkbanking's website :

No Credit checks required

No more Overdraft Fees

Open to Everyone

Easy Opening Process

So, - Bring 'em in, let them do what they want without restriction - then when they get in the s**t, - Bang! - 'Of course we'll help you out, Sir,' -......'but'..............:shock: Ha-ha - gotcha!:razz:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you for that Vortex.......I think everyone should read that link... proves you don't get owt for nowt these days. My tame scenario above is a mere pimple compared with the actual running sore that could be opened by this - and it's RBS backed..........!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Banks make enough money out of us by lending our money to others & making interest on it interest. I won't be paying for a bank account..

If you deposit £1000 in a bank they pay you say 5.5%. The multiplier effect means that they can lend a minimum of 10 times your £1000 ( maybe 100X) ie £10000 at say 8%. So they can receive £800 interest on your £1000 for a payment to you of £55.

If you do not believe this go to youtube and search for 'money is debt'