Can I get out of my tenancy agreement?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The obligation you owe the land to reimburse him for the breakage and any obligation the landlord owes you to repair are two separate matters. The landlord cannot decline to carry out his obligation simply because you do not comply with yours. (I am assuming that the repairs promised are repairs the landlord is obliged to carry out.) This is of course the theory; in practice you may have to take action to get the repairs done.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask the landlord to install the deadlock (is this the correct name for a lock that locks the door automatically?) or you can do it yourself, but keep the old lock and put it back when your tenancy expires. Neil will soon learn to carry the key!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We have a deadlock. On one occasion, in the middle of December, Neil left the door ajar when he went out (as you do) and my room began to get cold, so I closed the door, unwittingly locking Neil out. When Neil returned, he started kicking violently at the door!

Jeff

Ask the landlord to install the deadlock (is this the correct name for a lock that locks the door automatically?) or you can do it yourself, but keep the old lock and put it back when your tenancy expires. Neil will soon learn to carry the key!