Lloyds and child benefit??

petethemanc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My gf has just received a letter from Lloyds TSB saying she had gone over her overdraft and they had set up an unplanned overdraft on her account at £15 and £15 DAILY!! she rang them up and said her account was backin order after one day and she is in receipt of child benefit and income support, and that this would leave her with little to no money. Im sure i read somewhere that if the money in the bank is some sort of benefit then they can not take it all out in one go. Is this true? i cant believe the banks are trying to charge people this ridiculous amount of money which is more than what they were charging before. Is there anything she can do about this?

Hello Pete

Nothing surprises me about Lloyds TSB anymore :mad:

Can your g/f get her benefits paid into a post office account? I do this myself as I was in a similar situation, and this means only I have access to it now and NOT a grabbing bank.

I am sure some of the other members will get back to you about the extortionate charges issue, but I just wanted to mention about the post office account for benefits, as its been a lifeline for me.

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

This really annoys me, i mean i squared the account away and will pay the charges, but that is not the point. Some single parents probably have nobody to assist, add that to the fact her kids father doesn't help her at all and never has. I have advised her to close the account down and get a credit union current account. Loyds....well banks are the **** of the earth imho!!