Telephone Harassment Letters Not Respected.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Allied International have completely ignored my request which was sent by Recorded Delivery 2 weeks ago. :mad:

They ring me at home, at work (no idea how they got that info) and on my mobile (and send texts).

BT have told me to keep a log for a while as they have set up the Choose to Refuse service free for me for 28 days. Have added 4 numbers from AIC to it so far, but they must have loads. If it continues they told me to present the log to the Police.

Dad

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JB Debt Recovery (JBDR)

They have ignored my telephone harrasment letter of which I sent to them recorded delivery and they signed for it. They said they will continue to call regardless as I owe money. I have logged every call made to me since they recieved the letter requesting them to stop . I am going to report them.

Lancsgirl

Sent the letter to a number of OC and DCA. Llyods and aqua stopped calling as did littlewoods and simply be. However capital one and barclaycard plus the idiots they have passed things onto(despite both failing to suppy a CCA) all ignored this. Even had RMA/NCO turn up on the doorstep. He picked a BADDDDD day, as I was heavily pregnant (I went 2 wks overdue) and very hormonal (see my other thread lol). Gave him an earful (no swearing), and sent him scurring away :)

None of the others who have threatened to turn up have (mind you I live near preston where RMA/NCO are based). Every time we drive past the RMA/NCO building we a'hem "wave" to them through the windows lol.

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

I'm getting at least one silent message left on my answering service every day from RMA. I only just remembered that I'm registered with the telephone preference service so I've been to their website and registered an online complaint about RMA.

Thought it was worth doing just to make as many waves as possible and the information commissioner gets the complaints passed onto them.

That letter of yours looks a good bet DMD, so I might give that a go too. My original telephone harassment letter was totally ignored.

All the best everyone, Patma

MBNA and Global advantage both were calling about arrears from May 2006 I sent Harassment letter March 2007 they still kept calling in the end I sent e-mail with copy of harassment letter and recording of one of the calls to all e-mail address I could find for MBNA this stopped the calls. I later found from data supplied for SAR that e-mail to donna pomfrey had stopped the calls she is/was corporate solicitor.

My other harassment letter was sent to iQor recovery services after calls for a Littlewoods debt, calls did not stop until I sent them a letter to say that no agreement exists for this debt bog off along with a copy of a letter from Littlewoods that confirmed they had no agreement and would not pursue. They sent debt back to Littlewoods but the calls did not stop until the day after they signed for the final bog off letter.

dpick

I sent Paypal a Telephone Harrassment Letter last July (2007). They stopped calling, but have passed it onto numerous debt collection companies. Currently I have Ultimate Credit Services calling me (Mr Wigton - obviously this is not your real name!) and am keeping a record of their calls. Unfortunately, for them they are calling the MOD switchboard where I work and the girls who work on this switchboard are now willing to back all telephone records I am keeping of calls made to work! Whoever, does work for this unfortunate, misguided "company" (the lady who is scottish and screams down the phone and then the delightful Mr Wigton who will not listen to any answers but shouts "Do you owe this money, it's a simple yes or no answer" ha ha) unfortunately, your Employers are in trouble for breaking the law - but you will be hearing about this in a more formal manner.

Halifax Bank SAR sent 11 June 2207

Ruthbridge CCA Letter (time out 2 July) 4738.11

Moorcroft CCA Letter (time out 9 July) 183.19

Welcome CCA Letter/statement request & received all information 7 days later. Working on all this information!

DCA's calling shouldn't be anything to worry about.

See the link to the thread below and see why. A few of us on here actually look forward to them calling. + it will make you smile too.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca.html

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

It's still a pain though.

Capital One have now gone back on their no-call promise and we're getting several calls a day again.

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

diskmandave's letter templates look scary though.

From now on I'll be starting letters in big bold capital letters.

Obviously gets results.

if it's good enough for the DCA's and Diskmandave. it's good enough for me

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Same here :)

I've sent DMDs letter to them today, let's see what happens as from tomorrow.

capital one, citi financial, barclays including Mercers

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

We had 3 call free days, now Capital One are calling with no mercy :(

Well, Halifax have had 3 letters from me now asking for all communication to be in writing only. They still continue to calls me and every time I tell them "In writing only no more calls."

Got another 5 calls in 3 days from them, so following up my complaint letter to the Trading Standards with the additional calls listed.

Will make them look really bad when they can see 3 letters where it's plain and obvious I didn't give them permission to call me.

Not to mention the guy the other day who still went ahead without security checks first.

And between all these letters listed there are around 35 calls from them now.

Lets see them worm their way out of this one.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

One thing I'd add to this is that mobile phones are often provided with a job. I got into trouble with debt a couple of years ago and was hounded relentlessly on my mobile phone. After a while I stopped ignoring the calls and would answer with a 'Hello, (made up name)', immediately putting the DCA caller on the back foot. The call would then go like this:

DCA - 'Er, is that Mr XX?'

Me - 'Sorry, who you after?'

DCA - 'Mr XX, do you know him?'

Me - 'Er, oh right yes. This is a company phone - just hang on a tic' (holds phone away and shouts to imaginary work colleague) 'hey Jane, do you know where XX went to?' (pause for effect, mumble to yourself for a few moments) 'sorry no, he's left the company I'm afraid.'

DCA - 'Oh right. Thanks then.'

Me - 'No problem, bye.'

They may well not believe you but that's not the point. None of the many DCA's that were chasing me called again.

Hi Everyone

My very first go at a forum

Did not know about forums two weeks ago and came upon this by accident but some of the info is fantastic.

Boroboy63

Hi nice to see someone from my neck of the woods

all the best dpick:)

Mbna

5 calls so far today.

3 from a person, 2 automated.

On the 2nd to last occasion I spoke to the person and asked them to put everything in writing etc? and terminated the call. They immediately called back to carry on repeating the rubbish they were trained to read ?

Lloyds TSB - husband has 3 cards in dispute - one which they have admitted they cannot provide the CCA, one CCA provided which does not comply and the other they have not yet provided and are well outside the legal timeframe to do so. Harrassment letters sent 25 Feb and so far at least 40 phone calls received on home phone and mobile. I do all the answering at home and tell them we have sent the letters and they just respond by saying they will not stop phoning us. I just say you can keep on doing that if you want but husband will not ever speak to you. Time to up the ante and start some silly conversations with them!

I have started to fake passing the phone to hubby when the DCA calls and simply muting it, until they give up and hang up :D

• 1 month later...

MBNA

Global Vantedge

Link

Halifax

Bank of Scotland

First Direct

Anyway, in this time of "by doing this you indicate your agreement to that" we should be able to give them written notice that any further phone calls or any further contact to third parties signifies their binding agreement that the alleged debt is settled in full and no further payment is required.

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.