Telephone Harassment Letters Not Respected.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hit Them with the Templated letter, sent on its own recorded/special delivery and a CAG sticker on the envelope we are 18 out of 19 to stop( the only failure was barclays who rung up to discuss the telephone harrassment letter!!!!!:rolleyes: )

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Westcot - keep ringing me at work despite me requesting them not to. I don't even owe money under the account!!! :rolleyes:

WOOLWICH -S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 :cool:

LBA sent for non-compliance with Data Protection Act 28/04/07 :mad:

ABBEY - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 8)

Hello All!

MBNA and their pals in India...250+ Calls this Year (so far).

All Logged via Time/Date and CLI (when they forget to hide it)! Any messages Recorded to WAV Files. All saved for later.

All this Despite the Harassment Letter, the Reminder of the Harassment Letter, and the Reminder of the Reminder of the Harassment Letter (all sent Signed Delivery).

A few from CrapOne, despite their own Harassment Letter, and a few from a few others, also despite their very own Harassment Letters.

So, they all seem to ignore it but, no matter, I will be ramming this up where the sun don't shine at some stage.

Apoplectic is looking at the Health & Safety issues and Stress caused by Harassment, and it could very well be something of a Tactical Nuke as far as these people are concerned. H&S have significantly more Teeth than the wimps at OFT, Information Commissioners Office and TS.

Check out what he has to say here...

Could MBNA get charging order?

If he's right, then H&S could prove to be the solution many have been looking for.

Cheers,

BRW

do what woman done from exeter over halifax, took em to court for an injunction, they later settled out of court and it is beleived (undisclosed) they gave her around 2k in compensation

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Hello mrmarmite!

Yes, something like that will happen! Just biding my time at the moment getting a bunch of CCAs past the +30 Day stage.

Then I will start arguing with them, and will escalate the Harassment issue as far as I can crank it. Apart from the annoyance, it can take up to an hour a Day to Log and Record all of this nonsense from these people.

But when someone says: "please Log all Calls from now on, and we'll investigate this further (fob off)!

I shall be able to say, all done, here it is, now do your job.

As I typed that...a Telephone rang in the background, you may guess who was calling!

Any and all suggestions most welcome as to how best to stuff these fine people! I quite like the H&E approach!

Cheers,

BRW

• 2 weeks later...

Puckanan Clark & Wells

In a nutshell, British Gas (yes them again) have incorrectly applied gas usage in my name to a property - £75.00

I had already received my Final Bill (Dec 18th) which infact was a credit cheque. Next I find BCW letter on my door mat (for my own home, not the property regarding the gas bill).

I immediately advise in writing to BGas that account is in dispute. I immediately ring BCW and advise account in dispute.

I receive three calls within 10 days and finally state I am no longer prepared to discuss over phone, please put in writing.

They make a written demand so I warn in writing that they are breaching several laws and are not to process any data or make any advances to me in respect of the disputed account.

I SAR'ed British Gas - awaiting reply.

Three days ago, a Legal Action Warning from BCW and yet another telephone call from them today - I refused to speak with her and advised she was breaking the law by telephoning me; she put the phone down on me.

I will be lodging a small claims court action tomorrow morning.

Where oh where do I find a good template for harrasment (telephone & written)? Additionally, what sort of damages/costs am I figuring for?

I will not let this go. I am a f/t carer for my disabled husband as well as a busy mum - all this for a £75 gas bill I don't owe!

Please could anyone/someone direct me to a Particulars of Claim template so I can prep the paperwork to submit in the morning.

Thanks you in anticipation.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Buy a whistle lol

Next time they call, just put the receive down without hanging up and go and make a cuppa or watch t.v let them waste their money calling you. Just don't let them get to you, they are playing games.

However, I would report them to the OFT and Trading Standards

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

old man getting debitas ringing shed loads again, am picking up an N1 2morrow and I will file it next week.

paper work going off to FOS and few others :D

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

I'm surprised none of you have mentioned the evil force that goes by the name of DLC or Hillseden Securities - or whatever they want to be called. I sent a non harrassment letter in March 07 - which they complied with to start with - then for reasons not related to DCA I had to change my mobile number. Instead of complying with my request to write to me - DLC used BT to gain my landline number and so started the onslaught of phonecalls to my landline. I actually don't have an answer machine on it - but they call sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. I've sent ANOTHER letter off to them today by recorded delivery stating they are harrassing me! By conicidence got a letter from them today saying that they want a substantial increase in my repayments - i'm going to ignore it - because i'm making my payment monthly - and i've not missed a payment. I'm seriously peeved that they got hold of my number through BT - am kicking myself for not making it ex directory!!!

Letters sent, Letters ignored.

Now when I get a call, ask who it is calling, if refuse to say then hangup, find out its a DCA, simply tell them "You have the wrong number, this is a private telephone line, not business." It stops them for a few weeks.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

hiya all

have been told by work that mbna been contacting them whilst im off ill from work, i want mbna not to call work and ive already told them to only contact me by letter. ive had a distressing call from mbna and then work rang me too, so i want to complain now to mbna, do i inform them that i can no longer be contacted on the work telephone number and to remove it from their records as when i return to work i will be in a totally different enviroment. Also after receiving the phone call at home from them, it has left me very distressed as their advisor did not have my full explanation letter only my income and expenditure!!! Do i put this in and also include in my complaint letter the full harrassment letter details???

sorry not thinking straight, another reason why i explained i wanted things in writing and not on the phone,,, can anyone help many thanks maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hello Maz1964!

I am so sorry to hear this, these bankers are totally out of control and nobody in Authority, it seems, is doing anything to restrain them.

I do fully intend to stuff MBNA with a very well compiled Log of their Harassment activities since January this Year.

But it needs many of us to do the same thing. It also needs to be brought to the attention of the Media and Parliament, that's if you can find a tame Politician who does not have their next job all lined up working for a bank.

I suspect this is the real reason why they are getting away with this, as the Debt Industry has some powerful influences over our Self-Serving Politicians.

It's quite depressing but, a large enough Peasants Revolt could make a difference.

Cheers,

BRW

hiya Banker

many thanks for your kind thoughts, I have below the letter i intend to send today, if you are still online can you please glance over and i would accept any amendments from you and anyone else who wishes to give advice,

==================================

Company Secretary

Company address

Dear Sir or Madam

Ref: Complaint about processing of information - Data Protection Act

I wish to complain regarding 2 accounts held under MBNA cards as follows_

MBNA account xxxxxxxxxxx

MBNA Virgin account xxxxxxxxxx

I am a customer of your organisation. It has come to my attention that you hold the following information about me. You hold home telephone number xxxxxxx and inaccurate work telephone number of xxxxxxx.

I object to this information being held by you because as explained in my letter dated 27 March 2008, I am currently off ill and no longer at work. When the date is known of my return to work, I will be in a different environment.

The office personnel cannot give you any information, and as your calls received by them have not protected my personal interests, I also do not want people at the work place to know about my personal affairs.

I also object to this information being held and request that it is removed as I have requested that all correspondence to me and now I confirm also from me will only be in writing. Therefore, please advise any of your teams, including Global Vantedge and RMA who you ask to contact me to only contact me by written letter.

This is also requested for my home telephone number as there are members of my family that I do not wish them to know about my personal affairs.

Using the information in this way will cause me substantial distress as it has already done so this morning by the call from Anna from your Republic of Ireland office at 10.25 on my home telephone number.

What made it worse, she only had access to my income and expenditure form, and I had to explain to her am currently off ill under a Consultant and could not give a date of when I would be returning back to work. This is very bad service, my letter explained my position. I have been pro active in dealing with my debts and I have paid dutifully over the past couple of months and intend to continue to pay from the 23rd of each future month. She has promised to send me a standing order form for ease of payments on a monthly basis, and was also advised could only stop charges but was unable to stop interest.

I have also been advised that you are continually calling the invalid work telephone number to speak with me.

Under the Data Protection Act I would like to request that you remove the above information from your files. Please respond within 21 days detailing the action you are going to take.

Yours faithfully

any help appreciated ciao for now MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hello Banker again and all

forget to say that whilst RMA and Vantedge are still chasing me on behalf of mbna as well as mbna,,, ive already cca both rma and vantedge on the 16.04.07 and thus have both passed the 12+2 days timeline.

Have received the statement from MBNA and the notes say they are ready to commence default proceedings but options still available to help. Guess its a standard note, since have made my point clear on todays phone call.

My question now should i send MBNA a letter advising that the account is in dispute as not received the cca and their RMA and Vantedge have not provided me with the cca ??

OR should i carry on paying this months payment and await the further month then send them the letter committed offence and will be reporting them, this way they cannot add interest etc

I feel i need to show my strength here, appreciate your guidance. thanks maz

Hello Maz1964!

No problem.

I think the problem here is MBNA are not interested in anything you have to write to them.

I would therefore avoid explaining anything to them, as all it does is amuse them I'm sure. They don't do reasonable.

My advice is to keep it blunt and Legal.

If you have not already done so, then send them the Telephone Harassment Letter from the Templates, and demand that they cease Calling any and all of the Telephone Numbers. By all means send them a List of those Numbers, and add a note that the Work Number is no longer valid in any event.

I'd stop speaking to them totally, and make it quite clear that from now on everything has to be in Writing. Apart from anything else, it gives you time to think between Contact.

Also, keeping it Legal is important. If you then wish to Complain, the authorities do not need to read any details as to why you were ill and off work, as all they want to see is the clear instructions that you feel Harassed and want that to stop. By all means explain to the Authorities why you felt Harassed, when it would be entirely appropriate then to say you were ill etc. But the MBNA don't care about any of that, so no need to waste time telling them.

Harassment is Harassment. If you feel Harassed and other reasonable people agree that to be the case, then you are being Harassed.

I do know how being a reasonable person, you feel that being reasonable is important. The sad fact is, MBNA do not do reasonable. It does not figure in their Business Plan.

Keep it short and to the point, then if they keep going, remind them again in the same hard hitting way.

Keep a Log of Dates and Times of all Calls from now on.

Then complain to everyone.

I do hope this helps.

Cheers,

BRW

Hiya BRW shorter lol hope you dont mind

Yes now seeing the info you have written i guess being reasonable is not a good trait to have with these people

Well, i wont send the above letter then, will go straight to the Harrassment letter and include the points you gave.

I guess i also need to write to RMA and Vantedge and inform them that the accounts are now in dispute and send each of them the letter as the 12+2 days have elapsed.

Well i will work simply with less stress, am keeping all correspondence in a file and also sending by recorded delivery.

they are the only ones that have given me undue pressure.

Thanks and will keep the thread posted up the latest info

Have a fun weekend Ciao MAZ

Hello Maz!

Yes, that's the only way to deal with them.

A tip is to draft them a stinker, but then leave it a day. Come back to it, and try to read it as if you were a slimy banker looking down their nose at you!

So, cut out any bits that are trying to reason with them. Take another day off.

Come back again, and have another look, cut out any waffle and personal opinions like "how could you", "please explain how you can...". Then take another Day off.

Then, come back again and fine tune it, and all you will find remaining is the Harassment Letter!

So, save yourself the grief, only send them factual and Legal Letters, that stay neutral. A Judge will be much more impressed by that, especially if you repeated the same warnings because the bankers didn't bother to read.

A nice well written Letter Audit Trail that has stated the key facts from one end to the other, is your Defence/Attack all done for you!

Have a great Weekend too, looks like it'll be nice weather.

Cheers,

BRW

hiya BRW

Have done the Harassment letter and already sent so thanks for your help

nice weather for the weekend too

have fun Ciao MAZ

is it me or has it all gone earily quiet??The only ones attempting to contact me now are Interim Justicia, as I work next door to them, I am plotting revenge. Any ideas welcome!!

Yes I haven't had a call for ages just as I was starting to enjoy them, how exited they get when you admit who you are and how they plunge down again when you refuse to discuss anything with them!

Wrote letter to mbna asking them to stop harrassment on 26.3.08 to which i got a reply on the 22.4.08 containing them agreeing to stop the calls!

The account are in dispute as they have failed to provide the infomation I have requested from them in relation to CCA and SAR.

Calls have started again in earnest this week with them and GV (who they should not have passed the debt as its in dispute) ringing me at least 10 times a day!!!

2nd letter about to go off to them, anybody got any ideas as to what i can put in it? I have already sent a complaint to the FOS about MNNA failing to supply me the info requested and passing debt to external debt collector.:mad:

hello all and manicblonde,

i appear to be reaching the stages you have already reached, sent my letter ref harrassment, waiting on their reply, also gv rang this week referred the woman to mbna and am awaiting on the cca passed the 12 = 2 days already, ive done extra to you perhaps, the data letter, have requested that they remove the contact telephone numbers and already correspond with me and me with them in writing only, they have 21 days to reply to me, - will update on any responce i get

Perhaps one of the regular helpful members can assist us soon - im sure someone will come along to help

i will back later -ciao for now MAZ