Alex_Delarge V's Lowell/HSBC **WON**

Alex_DeLarge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Letter from RED this morning, they must have posted this the day after the one I recieved on friday.

This must be my last, last, last, last, last chance, untill the next one.

They state they can see no reason for me to not pay, what about the fact that they are in default, I think thats a pretty good reason.

It was funny for a while but now its just boring. They continue to flout the rules they are supposed to adhere to, and yet nothing is ever done to stop them.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heres the latest, I have scanned every single letter Lowell have ever sent to me, including the dodgy postcard, plus copies of the £1 postal order receipt (for CCA request) and copies of all the receipts for the special deliverys and recorded deliverys, also copies of the letters I have sent to them. I have even sent copies of the print outs of the proof of delivery signatures from the royal mail website.

A bit more ammo for Leeds TS.

I even keep the envelopes as sometimes they have a date stamp on the back, most of the time this is 3 or 4 days after the date on the letter, so in the case when I had 3 days to pay they made it impossible for me to do so. They also did this when they put the repayment amount up, so I had no time to do anything about it.

I have the proof of all of this, you thugs.

• 2 weeks later...

Received a letter from RED yesterday, this had an old HSBC C/C statement attached to it. This was had my name on it but the address was the local branch of HSBC.

The date on this statement was well over a year after I made the last payment (which was over 3 years ago).

They said in the letter that I had requested this, as we know I requested a copy of the original CCA.

Another letter arrived from RED today, same old blah, you have 7 days, CCJ etc, These have been copied and dropped off at the local TS office who will copy it again and forward it to Leeds TS.

So its been 3 1/2 months now since the original CCA request, wonder how long they will carry this on.

They eventually gave up and admitted defeat against me. They threatened me with everything as well but when unable to produce the CCA they gave up. Bear with them as they are a bit slow and employ quite a few empty heads who cannot grasp the intracacies of the CCA 1974. Some day the one with the braincell will pick up on your file and realise they have diddly squat and are just wasting postage and decimating a few more rainforests with their junk mail.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/138597-lowell-admit-defeat.html

• 1 month later...

Quick update, its almost 5 months since I requested a copy of my signed CCA with HSBC and I am still getting the threat-o-grames from Lowell.

To answer my own question from a few posts back, yes they are still sending out the postcards, I received one last week.

hello Alex

i had the same problem as you with lowells incresing payments i had two increases in two months ,i stopped the direct debit couldn't afford it ,i cca'd them as advised by others on the forum,that was a month + coming up to the 12 +2+30 days deadline , not heard a thing as of yet, though it may be the calm before the storm,

they told my son that i should remortgage the house !! they will try anything i suppose, lets hope they will give up on you soon.hang in there

ziggy

Thanks to the CAG I no longer panic and feel sick everytime I get mail, its just boring now. Just thought I'd keep the thread updated, although there are no real developments just the same old rubbish.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday was 6 months to the day since I sent off my request for a copy of my CCA. To mark the anniversary Lowell have sent me a lovely letter informing me that my account is to be fast tracked to the bankruptcy division.

They go on about all the serious long term implications that come with being declared bankrupt, I trust this is just more idle threats?

I have reported them to TS OFT and this has not stopped them.

If I want to make a complaint to Lowell directly, is there a template I can use to request a copy of their complaints procedure, or do I just write in and complain, this seems pointless as they have ignored all my other letters, is there no way to get through to them?

Have they gone on at anyone else for as long as this, as 6 months does seem to be dragging it out.

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE

7 months have now gone by since I sent off my CCA request (they have acknowledged receipt of it), and I have just received another threat-o-gram, no surprise there.

Its a bit late now, but later today I am going to scan this latest one and post it on here for all to see, its unlike all the others I have received from them.

Should be good for a laugh. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I will be sure to leave out any personal details, barcodes etc

The Leeds losers seem to operate in cycles with their threatomatics. Without even seeing what you have got I bet I already have a copy of it in my bulging Lowells files. Anyway they are in breach of the CPUT Regs now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I forgot to post the letter I was supposed to before I went on holiday, but thats not really important now as when I arrived back today there was a statutory demand waiting for me.

Its dated 01/08/2008, I left for my holiday on the 04/08/2008 and arrived back today, family said that letter did not arrive for at least 3 days after I had left. Anyway it says I have 18 days to have it set aside, is that 18 days from 01/08/2008, if so, is tomorrow the last day?

This is the last thing I needed on my first day back.

Getting the scanner plugged in now and will post copies of letter and stat demand in about 15 mins.

You have 18 days from the SD came into your possesion i.e. TODAY

They did not send it redcorded delivery so have no idea when you received it. Its your word against theirs. Just as a matter of interest was it sent 1st or 2nd class post.

There was a code which I have blanked out, also had to cover over a phone number a family member had written on the envelope. No date though.