Gamesgadgetsuk.com. Have you paid for goods not delivered.??

Just~me
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum but have been involved in other forums.

I have been guided to this forum to try and find out what has been happening over and before Christmas, to customers regarding the delivery or refunds of goods ordered but not delivered, according to customers and myself from Gamesgadgetsuk.com. After many many emails...phone calls ..threats of consumer tv shows and police, they finally refunded me to get me off their back.

I have read that dozens of people were ordering and paying for Nintendo Wii's. Orders were taken but complaints of GGUK not replying......not answering the phone...not sending out any stock for weeks on end, there were complaints dating back to August 07 of exactly the same issues.

I was a contributer of a few posts on the PROTX forum, (Protx are an internet payment service), before it got deleted, and am trying to find out what the final outcome was regarding delivery of goods. Amazon and a few other forums also got deleted.

I have had a couple of people contact me direct asking to start a discussion for the possible losers of money or goods from Gamesgadgets.com so before I do I would like to try and find out if anyone has paid money and got nothing in return from Gamesgadgetsuk.com.

I have emails from young mothers asking me to help them get their money back and how they cant afford to buy other gifts because GGUK have their Christmas money.

Its shocking how companies can operate like this...taking money without having the stock to deliver then leaving young families without Christmas presents.

I do honestly hope that everyone did get something back from GGUK at Christmas but I have this feeling that hundreds may not.

Please let me know if you got nothing in return for your hard earned cash or you had to fight your bank over a "Charge Back"

Thanks in advance,

Just~Me

P.S. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Please dont think the picture is me.!!! I couldnt find one of myself so decided to use one of the wife. :):)

I have no problems with the above post.

BTW....You don't need to select font for each line.

It's easiest to post everything in the default font.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I eventuall threatened them with Police and court after not hearing from them for a while. The next day i recieved a refund.

Its obvious they are a con and some people are not a strong willed who will write the money off leaving Gamesgadgets making money from you.

An absolute disgrace of a company

Hi Jonnyb1978.

Thats exactly what happend to me only I didnt get it next day, it took me 3 weeks of threats. It seemed to me that they were stalling for as long as possible, then, as soon as it got to the stage where the police were going to be called in, the money appeared back in my account.

At one stage they sent me a blurry mobile phone picture showing they had stock. I asked why they were sending out pictures of stock to customers when they should have been mailing the stock itself... I never got a reply to that 1.

I would like to know if any of our readers have sent money to GGUK and received nothing in return.??

Just~Me

Please dont think the picture is me.!!! I couldnt find one of myself so decided to use one of the wife. :):)

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Ninetndo Wii on the 11th November 07.

It has not arrived. I was promised it would be here well before xmas.

Before xmas they did reply to my emails, usually after about 5-7 days. Now I have told them I want a refund they do not reply at all.

I have never once got through on the phone.

I cannot believe that they have this much front to just take peoples money and then completely ignore them. If anyone is reading this and thinking of buying anything from them, PLEASE DON'T! I hope people Google search the company before buying anything from them and see these posts. Or at the least look at the Contact page on their website, there 'Customer Service' phone number is a mobile phone, which is apparently only available between 10am-3pm. Why kind of company would do business like that?

Paul

Hi Paul.

Many thanks for your input to this thread.

I think I may be able to help you.

Before I give you any details regarding GGUK you will first need to make an official complaint to PROTX. They are like PayPal, they move money securely on the net.

The people you need to make the complaint to is [EDIT] Although PROTX are the middle men they will help by contacting GGUK asking them whats going on.

If you need help with the complaint letter I have one of those too.

Did you watch Watchdog last night.??? one of their features was a company called something ZONE, they have taken thousands of orders for Nintendo Wii's, before Christmas and never delivered any goods.

3000 peeps paying £250 = £750,000. Thats some serious s**t happening there.

Regards,

Just~Me

Paul.

Yes, definatly report it to PROTX. They have been very good helping peeps with refunds. You wont get a refund from PROTX but they will put the pressur on GGUK. Protx have had so many complaints I would think they must be close to pulling the plug on them.

If you can get someone to answer the phone or reply to your email at GGUK, well go ahead and try. Many, many complaints were that peeps had paid but could not get GGUK to communicate with them, hence hundreds made complaints to all the consumer protection people inc the police. From what I have been hearing is as soon as you threaten them with the police a refund appears back in your account.

By just complaining to GGUK your not going to get much help from them, from past experiences.

Shout as loud as you can and keep shouting. :):) until you either get your money back or you finally have to report them to the police.

Let me know how you get on with your bank. (chargeback)

Regards,

Just~Me

Hi, i am in the same situation as you Paul, I ordered a wii back in Nov from Games gadgets. After numerous calls and emails games gadgets actually got in contact with me the week before xmas and said they couldn't confirm when my order would be delivered but I was told it should arrive before xmas. I decided not to take the chance and fortunately got my hands on another wii , so I got in touch with Protx , as games gadgets was not responding to my emails or answering the phone and I cancelled my order. Protx liaised with Games gadgets on my behalf and I was told that i would get a refund within 7- 10 days ...and i am still waiting for it!!! I have too contacted my bank and they are going to proceed with a charge back.

Hi Lozi.

Email GGuk and tell them if you dont have a refund withing 5 days you are going to involve the police & trading standards. Dont just threaten...follow up with a call to your local police station if you are not refunded.

From listening to other GGUK customers, as soon as the police is involved the money appears back in your account.

It took me 3 weeks to get my money back, mind you I did cause a stink on the PROTX forum, PROTX pulled the plug on the thread in the end with threats from GGUK.

keep the pressure up.

Just~Me

I got my money back after I called police (who were actually v good) and then told protx I had done this & was taking it to watchdog tv prog.

Protx emailed me saying they TOLD gamesgadgets to refund me & sure enough it was in my bank next day.

moral of my story- dont listen to protx when they say its out of their hands!

This has also taught me not to pay by debit card as you cant chargeback

Yippppeeeeeeee........Excellent news Nocredit.

I have been intouch with peeps inside PROTX and reading between the lines they are not happy with whats been going on either. Unfortunatly, for legal reasons, they cant publicly say what they would like to say so all we can do is keep on complaining to whoever we can to get your cash back.

The police angle seems to be the favourite route at the moment, as soon as an official complaint is made they pay up..... How strange. !!!!!!!

Just~Me

I am a fool, and i fell for the stupid offer on the website 29.99 for WII Play and 1.99 delivery charge on the 28th december 2007 i thought no way! i went ahead and ordered the next few days and i waited... and waited no sign of a delivery so i check their website and find out "28 days until stock arrives" and i thought hey... i can find it in the shops after January so i emailed them on numerous occasions to cancel the order and i have not received a reply. I write to protox who give this msg

"Thank you for your e-mail.

Protx provides the Internet payment solution for the website you have ordered from. However, we do not fulfil the orders and have no control over this aspect of the transaction.

Unfortunately Protx do not have the authorisation to refund transactions therefore if you wish to request a refund, or request further information you will need to contact the website you have ordered from directly"

Today i sent gamesgadgetsuk a personalized threating letter 1st class. it is dated and it will give them a time of which to reply to. I have since then searched on google and i have come across this thread :evil: when the time ends on the letter i have sent i am going to visit them with some of my house hold tools, see if they get the picture

Today i sent gamesgadgetsuk a personalized threating letter 1st class. it is dated and it will give them a time of which to reply to. I have since then searched on google and i have come across this thread :evil: when the time ends on the letter i have sent i am going to visit them with some of my house hold tools, see if they get the picture.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Paul.

I love the bit about your household tools. :):)

Ok, now you have made the first step, by officialy complaining to both Protx and GGUK, you should now draw up a letter for the trading standards & your local Police. If you dont get your goods delivered or your refund in your required time then follow through with it to the police.

You should find that as soon as the police are contacted your refund will appear back in your account, well thats whats been happening so far.

Its a pain in the backside having to threaten to get whats yours back but please dont just make threats. If nothing happens you must follow through with it.

Please keep us all updated if anything happens.

Good luck,

Just~Me

Hi,

I work for a BBC consumer affairs programme titled "Don't Get Done, Get Dom", in which presenter Dominic Littlewood attempts to resolve issues that have arisen between consumers and companies.

We would be keen to hear from anyone experiencing a consumer issue. If you would like to talk to us, please get in touch at:

dom@flametv.co.uk

Thanks very much,

Simon

Note from mod team: This post is fine, no need to keep reporting it! :-)

Yes, yes, yes...just what we wanted.

I knew this thread would land on some editors desk, now maybe people will start to get their money back.

I will now contact everyone who has asked for my help and steer them to Simon at: dom@flametv.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Carriep

For your information, can you please do a search in google to find the other forums that are having the same problems with GGUK. I will also PM you with all the info I have.

Many, many thanks for your assistance.

Just~Me.

Yes, yes, yes...just what we wanted.

I knew this thread would land on some editors desk, now maybe people will start to get their money back.

I will now contact everyone who has asked for my help and steer them to Simon at: dom@flametv.com

I would suggest that you also use the resources available to you on this site and continue to post updates with what is happening.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi all, just an update:

I have just received a PM from an anonymous friend pointing out that new customers of GGUK are unable to get to the payment screen of PROTX. :-)

:-) He says they must have some kind of glitch or something. :grin:

Maybe, just maybe they are pulling the plug on GGUK after all the complaints they have received.

Hi,

i am also in the same boat.

i bought Wii play on December 3rd 2007,

Nothing what so ever.

So i contacted them with a threatening e-mail.

- "your refund will be done in the next couple of days"

and again, nothing.

contacted trading standards, they said to write them a letter via recorded delivery, so i did.

i got it back today, undeliverable.

so is the address suspect?

i now see they have changed the customer services address,

so i will write again.

The police will be next.

i will get my money back one way or another.

i'm frustrated that i paid on my debit card.

Check out the debit card situation with your bank, they can do a callback just as a credit card does.

I can't see how this is going on so long and with so many, why aren't the police taking any action.

Has anyone issued a court summons yet??

Hi Morley.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Please do what conniff is advising you to do plus contact your local Police and make an official complaint.

Make an official complaint to [EDIT]. Reading between the lines its not looking good for any more refunds from GGUK especially now they are returning recorded delivery mail.

Please read post number 15 and reply to dom@flametv.co.uk stating everything that has been happening regarding GGUK since December the 3rd. They may get back to you asking if you want to appear on one of their consumer affairs programs.

Whatever happens can you please keep us updated.

Good luck and dont be afraid to ask anything you like on this forum.

Just~Me

has anyone actually visited their milton keynes address?

They also own the sellyourproperty website & the other office supplies website all of which are registered to same address which looks like a residential address

Nocredit.

The last known address I have for them is:

Distribution Centre,

Unit LB009,

Etheridge Avenue,

Brinklow,

Milton Keynes

MK10 0BP

Buckinghamshire,

UK.

I just checked the website address and it has gone. The address above was taken from their site about a month ago, so it seems they are trying to hide where they were trading from.

The registered office is in London but thats not where they were working from.

Their protx account is still not working so they are unable to trade online, for how long I dont know. ?

Just~Me