Help With Comet

qama786
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a laptop from comet on the 19/10/07 and after two months or so the color started fading so I decided to ring HP they told me that the laptop was a new version and gave me a ticket number to have it replaced but when I took it back at comet they said they might be able to repair it but it is unlikely because it might be color fading due to domestic misuse and I agreed but I can't seem to trust them to fix it or they might make some kind of excuse. What can I do if they don't fix it, can i refuse and tell them to give a replacement because i have the customer service adviser name who told me to have it replaced. or what are my options because I am very angry and also anybody got an contact email of the CEO of comet.

Fisrtly, as it is within 6 months of purchase, comet need to prove that the fault was not ptrsent at the time of sale - not for you. If they say that it is caused by misues - they need to prove it. Frankly, I do not see how that can be so, and you should ask them that question.

In terms of this docket given by HP, what exactly is it? If curry's have some arrangement with the manufacturer, then they should honour it. It sounds to me like some staff member has fobbed you off. You need to re-approach and be forceful (and polite). If the docket requires currys to replace the item, insist that they do so - whatever else they say is irrelevant.

The thing that HP gave was this ticket number which I give to Comet to have the product replaced as it has only been two months i purchased it. Now today I rang comet and the adviser said give me your details and product number and make. I gave him and he said they have no knowledge of what is going on with the repair. Now as I go college I need the laptop for the seventh of January because I take it college with me. Now I told the advisory and he said that we can't guarantee you will get it by then so now what should I do. Shall I go back in store and tell them to give me a replacement and what if they have sent the product off can I still tell them to give me a replacement.

I am still not much the wiser with this docket thing. Like I said, if it is an insruction to Comet, as their supplier,to replace the item then they should do that. check if there are any instructions accompanying it. Also speak to the manager at the Comet store and explain taht you have this docket which requires a replacement to be provided, but that a salesperson mislead you into a repair. The trick is to be polite but firm with them (it may be best to take a friend for support) - do not be bullied into accepting something which goes against what has already been promised.