Reclaim of charges in Scotland?

hjcargill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

After writing to Abbey complaints department and only just getting a reply today (8 weeks after I sent the orginal complaint), they are refusing to reimburse £80 charges for a £2.88 excess on my account.

My next step is the Finacial Ombudsman, but came across this site, and had a look through. I live in Scotland, therefore would you advice going to FO first, or attempting to take action myself for all the charges (This £80 is not the first time)

I noticed in FAQ that Scottish info is not yet available. Is this process not applicable here?

hi there, i have just won a case in scotland against the abbey. i got an excellant letter from the GOVAN LAW CENTRE website. abbey offered me most of MY money back but i refused. i asked for a breakdown of their charges incurred when i went overdrawn. they sent me a cocky letter saying that their charges were fair and a breakdown of their costs incurred would be produced in court! but they never replied to the court summons and never showed up in court! i won £185 plus £39 expenses plus 8% interest backdated to last december. good luck, paul

Let the battle commence! Victory is imminent!

Abbey £228 charges refunded- no defence filed in small claims case

Abbey £720 claim. LBA sent. £430 refunded with no letter sent. Claim for full £720 sent to small claims court.

hi there, goto http://www.govanlc.com click on SCOTS LAW ADVICE, click on BANK CHARGES, click on CHALLENGING UNFAIR UK BANK CHARGES and you should find a letter to print off there (word or pdf). some good advice on this website. they are based in govan but i presume its not rab c nesbit giving out the advice!!!!! happy refunding, paul

Let the battle commence! Victory is imminent!

Abbey £228 charges refunded- no defence filed in small claims case

Abbey £720 claim. LBA sent. £430 refunded with no letter sent. Claim for full £720 sent to small claims court.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks