bank charges and benefits

manicmedium
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

hmm i have a question, i have been disabled for quite some time , and my benefits, (income support,dla and incapacity benefit are all paid into the bank, ok i admit occasionally i cock up :rolleyes:and there's not enough cash in the account to pay the dds i have (all cancelled now) but it seems that every week i get hit by a charge , over the last 3 weeks i have "lost" £75-£100 for failed dd's, i read on here that according to the gov banks cannot impose charges on me if im on benefits( its my only source of income, have a wife who cares for me and also have 4 kids) , iof this is true, can i get ALL my charges back?, i have been on benefits since i opend the account with A+ L if so how? , i really cant afford to lose such amounts so often:-o

also A+l made a mistake , i cancelled a cheque, they charged me a tenner for that, then applied a charge for a bouncing the cheque, i sorted that out ok, and they are going to refund that money as it was their mistake, but my account still shows i'm £11.54 overdrawn, this happened on Wednesday, the money still hasn't been returned to my account, my account is still showing overdrawn when i'm not! , why can THEY take money from MY account the same day but CANNOT return the money the following day? , im not pleased!:confused:

any help or advice greatly accepted , you can pm me on (link to personal e mail removed)

many thanks

manic