Egg default. Debt settled 2 years ago, which route now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help. My OH has a default on his record from Egg. We settled the debt immediately, therefore owe them nothing now. Which route do we take to get this removed, the surlybonds letter route http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/24013-defaults-proposed-method-removal.html

or this one http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/11659-how-get-your-default.html

i think i read somewhere that one is more for if you still owe the money and one is for if the debt is settled but i'm not sure which is which.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

snootyxx

Hi Snooty-c

If you did'not no that monies where still owed, I.e you thought you paid it, and on realisation of the default on your credit file the outstanding was paid, then tell them what happend, be prepared to get your nose brown and lick As*, ask to them to remove the "default", if the ammount was small your chances get better.

how old isthe debt? how much was it for? how was the account managed befor the default?

:!:

Hi,

What happened was we got into a little difficulty as we were overstretched. Prior to this the account was paid by direct debit on time. It all seemed to happen very quickly. We kept in touch with Egg to let them know what was happening at the time but the loan we got to consolidate came through too late to pay them off before they put a default on. I remember getting a letter saying they would default us if we didn't pay by a certain date but don't remember getting a default notice. We settled the debt probably about a week after the default went on the file, this was about 2 years ago.???

Do you think the best thing to do first is to ring them up and ask them nicely to remove the default???

regards

snooty