How much to spend on the kids at xmas ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Just wondering what people thought :)

My son is 14 now and every year i feel under so much pressure with all the latest gagets out and who's got what already.

Dont get me wrong the pressure doesn't come from him (much) but society in general. Must have the latest thing and all that !!

Yes i wish i had a money tree (as i'm sure all parents would )

Suppose i'm lucky in the sence of only having 1 child but god only knows how parents with 2, 3 even 4 children cope :o i'm tearing my hair out having to think about 1 !

how much does an orange and a bag of chocolate coins cost? or even better tell him hes been naughty and give him a lump of coal :D.

seriously its up to you... try to find out / work out if there is something he realy realy wants... not just everything thats advertised on TV..

I know its hard, I have two boys 15 and 17, the 15 year old is a fasion victim and loves his art so is relativly easy.. art materials and clothes but the 17 year old has no real interests apart from computer games "hanging" with his mates and watching TV :rolleyes:

how much does an orange and a bag of chocolate coins cost?

This is pretty much what i used to get and appreciated it !! and have a great time :-)

He does appreciate what he gets though. It's just me expecting him to expect everything when in all honesty he doesn't :roll:

Then just be glad you have such a sweet child - my sisters tear their hair out with their teenagers when it comes to christmas.

Is thare a particular band or TV show he's into? Perhaps you could look at getting him tickets for something he would really enjoy.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

mine are girls age 11 an 7 the elsest is the hardest but i go for one main pressy an few smaller ones stocking fillers for both as it can get ridiculous. An is good if you have the cash an blow out for them but then when you get a skint year an cant afford much the pressure to is unreal. An if you buy everythin what do you buy em next year it gets harder an harder dont you think???

personally i like the apple an orange bag of nuts idea !!:D

i prefer the bunch of sticks to beat them with, but that's probably because they are both ill, loud and have passed their stinking cold onto me!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I've already done this on another thread -

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

I have two girls aged 12 and 10 and a little boy of 5. I agree with conalot, my eldest is really difficult to buy for. My 10 year old darling is still into Bratz, so I manged to pick up the new Bratz movie doll with digital camera for half price. The little monster 5 year old has just recently discovered transformers, so he is going to get..........Lego. (hubby chose the pressie). I think that it will have to be clothes for my eldest as I can't think of anything else.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D