Mum and TSB

pigsic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

has any one ever heard of fredericks international cos my mum is in a bit of debt with argos she wrote to them explaining her situation they passed it to moorcroft but because she can not pay they have passed the debt back to argos who have now passed it to this frederick intenational i have never heard of them but they where very threating on the phone it is making her ill

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there.

We have heard of them, not nice people.

The golden rule number one is that you should never speak to these folks on the 'phone. How old is the debt? Is it disputed in anyway?

Does your mother have any other debts?

she has 8 creditor with debts amounting to £4750.00 we contacted ccca they sent us a letter asking creditors to consider writing off the debts we copied it and sent it of to all creditors some are still dealing with the request all debt is recent starting from about 5 years ago it only came to light to us in november when she broke down i have been trying to help her get advice.

Hi.

Have a read of the 1st post in this thread, it explains what a CCA is:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/83035-guidelines-requests-original-agreement.html

And yes, anyone can send one to their original creditors (OCs) or debt collecting agencies (DCAs).

When you're ready, you need to use the template Letter N from the link below:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Ensure all letters go recorded delivery. Keep copies of the letters you send and the receipts.

• Haha 1

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi.

Have a read of the 1st post in this thread, it explains what a CCA is:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/83035-guidelines-requests-original-agreement.html

And yes, anyone can send one to their original creditors (OCs) or debt collecting agencies (DCAs).

When you're ready, you need to use the template Letter N from the link below:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Ensure all letters go recorded delivery. Keep copies of the letters you send and the receipts.

Hi there,

Hopeful has got it spot on,

You should consider sending the Catalogues and the other creditors a cca request,

the request is a statutory request for a copy of the original credit agreement under the consumer credit act 1974

they have 12 working days to supply this information

dont forget to include a one pound postal order and dont sign the letter, instead print your name or use a digital signature

many catalogues dont have a valid credit agreement , just take a look at my thread on littlewoods http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/93571-pt2537s-cca-request-against.html

you will find a lot of threads on here relating to catalogues

this thread contain info on Argos as well http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/113526-please-help-halifax-loan.html

although the title is halifax loans

the thing to remember is the majority people on here in the debt forums have probably dealt with the same sort of situation that you are going through now

good luck and please try not to worry

if you need any info just shout

regards

paul

my mum says she signed agreements with catalogue and argos so what happens if you cca them and they produce a copy

You would then need to arrive at an arrangement with the creditors, we shall cross that bridge when we get to it.

First I would like to point out that even though your mother has signed the agreements what is to say the creditor has a copy still?

Get those CCA requests off (remember to print your mum's name rather than sign it)

Hi Pigsic,

Good advice from Sequenci as always;)

if you look at my littlewoods thread, you will see that out of 3 accounts they failed to produce an enforcable agreement,

also the other thread i posted, i was advising Lihi on, she had an argos store card, whne she CCA'd them they sent a signed application form

however the form did not contain the required terms and as a result was rendered unenforcable

one step at a time

CCA them and see what they come back with

then we can take it from there

regards

paul

im really sorry to keep bothering you but i am so confused and nervous but i do not know who to cca argos have now passed to fredrickson international limited because moorcroft passed it back to argos fredrickson sent letter today say pay infull now i was going to send them the letter that ccsa sent to ask consider writing of the debt like i sent moorcroft so they saw she had no money leaved on her expediture and sent it back to argos. Do i send them the letter and a cca

im really sorry to keep bothering you but i am so confused and nervous but i do not know who to cca argos have now passed to fredrickson international limited because moorcroft passed it back to argos fredrickson sent letter today say pay infull now i was going to send them the letter that ccsa sent to ask consider writing of the debt like i sent moorcroft so they saw she had no money leaved on her expediture and sent it back to argos. Do i send them the letter and a cca

Hi Pigsic

Firstly

Dont Apologise, there is no need, we are all here to help, if you have any questions just ask

With regards to who to request the CCA from,

Send it to Fredrikson, they have a duty under s175 of the consumer credit Act 1974 to pass this on to Argos

the rule of thumb here is who ever is asking you for money relating to credit, they are the people to CCA

if you get stuck, shout

regards

paul

Thanks i will get one sent tomorrow she is going to send one to studio cards cos she knows she has never signing anything and one to simplky be cos she has never signed anything with them its all confusing when yo have never done anything like this i am reading the please help-halifax loan thread its really interesting this is when you realise mum is not allown there are others is the same boat

There are hundreds of threads where people (Myself included) have been in the same sort of situation as yourself

The basic principles to remember is that for a creditor to be able to enforce a debt

they must have a signed credit agreement

the credit agreement must have certain terms contained within the documents

basically if any are missing, the debt is unenforcable

this has been confirmed by the house of lords in the case of Wilson -v- FCT

the best thing to do is Fire off the CCA requests, then the clock starts ticking

when the 12 working days expire, if youve had anything through give us a shout, if not then again let us know

Dont worry,

if your looking for some more readin this post is very informative http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/83035-guidelines-requests-original-agreement.html

Regards

paul

hi could you please tell me who to make the postal order out to for a copy of a cca

thanks

Hey you!

Address it to the company you are sending it to eg Fredrickson. I always write out the names of the people i want to send postal orders tonon a piece of paper and give it to the person behind the counter. They then type out the postal orders and the name also comes up on the receipt (which you must keep).

It also helps to write on the recorded delivery slip what the letter was about eg CCA request, otherwise it gets confusing when you're sending lots of letters.

Keep coming back with your questions ;-)

Spot on Hopeful

thanks for that, i was getting around to replying but youve beat me too it:)

thanks,

regards

paul

No probs, Paul - thank you. I like to get in quick when i have a little bit of useful information to share, as my skills are limited!! :D

thanks for that advise hopeful1

:) You're welcome.

hi

Posted those cca toda to studio cards and fredrickson international ltd do the 12 days start from today or monday. Are credit cards allowed to phone on a weekend or is that classed as harrassment

thanks