PPI and Loans.co.uk

tagal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Undoubtedly this should have been made clear. I can't recall when you took out the plan but, if it was aftert January 2005 you should have been given a "Key Facts" document before you took out the insurance that made this clear. The Ombudsman would certainly consider this to have been a material restriction of the policy that should have been brought to your attention at point of sale. If it was not, you should have a pretty water-tight case. Even pre Jan 2005 you should have been issued with a policy document that would tell you this.

does tagal need to prove that it was never received,as it is his word against the insurers/and bank.cardif pinnacle claim to have sent mine but i have never had 1

Tagal - sounds like an admission of guilt to me by the insurers, though they'll probably try to argue it was the broker's responsibility to give you the information. The Ombudsman will sort it out for you. I'm surprised they're letting it go that far!

Lilal - The Ombudsman is unlikely to be very sympathetic to the insurer or broker. This is such a material term, I suspect FOS would expect it to have been specifically drawn to your attention at point of sale, not left to documents that are generally issued after the sale has been made.

Lilal, the insurance company (Cardif Pinnacle) told me today I was not sent anything with regards to the insurance and also they say they did not tell me I was only covered for first 5 years. This seems to me to be an admission of mis-selling but will have to wait and see what the ombudsman says.

By the way I am a she!

Hi Tagal

your insurance may have only covered 5 years, but the cost of this insurance is added to the loan and you pay interest on this for the whole term of the Loan. (eg 20 years)

This is frowned upon by the FSA so I really do believe you have a good case with the FOS.

good luck

have also just found my ket facts sheet. We completed our loan in October 2005 and Loans.co have a section

WHICH SERVICE WILL WE PROVIDE YOU WITH

1.We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we assessed your needs

2.You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You will the need to make your own choice about how to proceed

They ticked the first one so that has to be good doesnt it ?????

• 6 months later...

Hi, I am still waiting for the ombudsman to look at my case- Loans.Co.UK . They received the paperwork beginning of February. I have spoken to them today and they say could be between 6 and 12 months. It's a long time, but am happy to wait if they can get me my PPI back. What I am worried about is that after waiting all this time the answer will be no. This money would really help us. I wonder if anyone has gone through the ombudsman for a PPI claim and how it went, especially if with Loans.co.uk. I was lucky ennough to get in just in time with my bank charges and the ombudsman got me back everything I had claimed for, so I am hoping I may be lucky with them again. I know they are extremely busy with PPI claims. Thanks

Hi, I am still waiting for the ombudsman to look at my case- Loans.Co.UK . They received the paperwork beginning of February. I have spoken to them today and they say could be between 6 and 12 months. It's a long time, but am happy to wait if they can get me my PPI back. What I am worried about is that after waiting all this time the answer will be no. This money would really help us. I wonder if anyone has gone through the ombudsman for a PPI claim and how it went, especially if with Loans.co.uk. I was lucky ennough to get in just in time with my bank charges and the ombudsman got me back everything I had claimed for, so I am hoping I may be lucky with them again. I know they are extremely busy with PPI claims. Thanks

Hello Tagal,

Remember good things come to those who wait:grin: I have heard that the fos are upholding 80% of ppi claims, so I would feel very confident with your case:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello Tagal,

Remember good things come to those who wait:grin: I have heard that the fos are upholding 80% of ppi claims, so I would feel very confident with your case:D

Thanks for your really positive reply. I am keeping by fingers crossed just a bit worried because the loan was taken out in 1993. On the other hand surely the FOS would look at the date before putting me in the queue, so my thinking is, if they have made we wait this long then they must be willing to look at it for me. I would hope that the ones that are a definately no, the claimants are informed straight away rather than make them wait for upto a year.

Thanks again

• 9 months later...

Just an update.

The FOS are now finally looking at my case (some 18th months on).

The say that my claim is against Loans.co.uk but this is out of their jurisdiction - not sure what they mean by this. They are in touch with Cardif Pinnacle who are the insurers for the PPI to try and see who was responsible for the PPI. They say that I am not the only one and they have a large file of people with the same complaint as mine. It is not looking good for me although the FOS seem to be trying to get to the bottom of this. It seems to me that companies involved are blaming each other and no one is admitting mis-selling. I don't know whether anyone else is trying to claim from the same companies.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Received bad news yesterday and I am so angry and upset. FOS have finally given their verdict after nearly three years! and the outcome was that Loans.CO. UK no longer have record of the phone call when I took out the loan and PPI. Therefore they have sided with them and that because I ticked the box (which I say I felt I had to so that I could get the loan) then we agreed to the PPI.

The FOS say if I don't agree then I can take it up with the Ombudsman, but I will need to provide further evidence which obviously without transcripts of phone call, I can't. I just cannot believe that it took the FOS nearly 3 years to come to this decision and so many phone calls from myself (I have a list of every phone call made). How can they take their word and not mine, it seems as if they had no intention of helping me.

I wonder if anyone has had same experience or an idea if I can do anything else, I am just so upset now. I think the fact it took them nearly 3 years makes it so much worse - it is a joke.

Can someone help me to move this thread to the PPI section, for some reason that is where it used to be but now when I added an update it has put it under 'loan brokers) not PPI. I don't think people will find it here, as all other posts on this thread are under PPI. Thanks X