The closure of threads

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest louis wu

I don't know the number of threads closed each day, but would it be feasable for a short, even 1 line, explanation for the reason for the closure.

I also don't know the mechanics of the closure procedure, but if it's not possible to add text to the cagbot PM informing the OP of the closure, would it be possible to add a multiple choice set of standard reasons.

For example.

1. foul/abusive language.

2. unacceptable content (racism, sexism etc)

3. bullying

4. unacceptable subject matter (anything against CAG guidelines)

etc

I think anything reasembling the above would help understand the reason for the closure.

louis

Are you talking about thread closure or unapproval of individual posts?

Thread closure is a very infrequent occurence. Most commonly by request of the OP. Another common reason is if a thread degenerates into a flame-war.

Usually the Mod who closes a thread will post the reason on the bottom of the thread.

If a post is unapproved then the poster should receive a PM explaining the reason.

Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Guest louis wu

This is the thread, from the bear garden

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/121576-how-spot-troll.html

I didn't think the subject matter was too contoversial, there were no arguments on-going and I didn't ask for it to be closed.

Don't get me wrong, this is a minor matter, and the thread doesn't matter, it was just a bit of fun (with a serious undertone). I am not looking for an explanation to this one, but as I am wondering why it did close, I feel a little explanation with the automatic message might help in the future.

Louis

I, personally, can't see a problem. As I wsn't involved in the closure of the thread, I can't give you a definitive answer. I can only imagine that it was a result of a complaint of some kind.

(Perhaps someone recognized themselves in the descriptions:D )

I'll make some enquiries. If I find out anything, I'll get back to you.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Guest madcap magician

Rooster, you as I know, there have been many threads critisising the way this site is being run, have been closed on the whim of a mod, who does not want the critism to continue. It is often the only excuse given,

this has been talked to death
, even though those involved still want to debate the subject. Is this censorship and PC? Who runs the site now?

Guest louis wu

Rooster, thank you.

I do not want to waste your time on this thread, it's not important enough, but if my suggestion could be considered when time is available I would appreciate it.

I also understand (as a non techy) that things aren't that easy to do, so would understand if nothing can be done.

louis

Guest louis wu
Rooster, you as I know, there have been many threads critisising the way this site is being run, have been closed on the whim of a mod, who does not want the critism to continue. It is often the only excuse given,, even though those involved still want to debate the subject. Is this censorship and PC? Who runs the site now?

Madcap, I don't think this thread is the place to discuss this isuue.

Guest madcap magician

Where else then, if no one will listen? It seems to me that every dissent is hidden under the so called carpet. If you can't come up with an informed reply to a genuine query then pass it on to someone who can Louis. No offence to you Louis, you do an honest job in Cag, but beware of the politics.

Guest louis wu

Quote:

Originally Posted by louis wu viewpost.gif

This is the thread, from the bear garden

I am not looking for an explanation to this one, but as I am wondering why it did close Louis

(?)

If you are goint to quote me, then use the full quote.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks