Benefit Cheats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest louis wu
Are you suggesting that ALL benefit claimants take overseas holidays & spend the weekend boozing. No.

Remember we can all give anecdotal evidence to support our argument

I think this is an example of a benefit CHEAT, not legitimate claimant.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah i see so what you are saying is it's o.k. to claim benefits and work on the side,well if they are capable of as you say doing work on the side why are they claiming benefits in the first place,it's those sort of people i'm aiming it at.

Where did I say it was ok ? Please do not put words into my mouth.... I've just had a DCA do try and do that this week... :D

I'm saying that you need to look at the bigger picture. If there were more opportunities to earn a living wage, there would be less "cheating"... as you call it.

What's your excuse for middle-class tax evasion then ?... or do you prefer to home on on weaker targets as well. ?

Also Priority does the fact that the benefit goes to 'Egypt' each year 'apparently :rolleyes: give a clue as to why they where chosen as an example;) ?

Precisely JC.... :rolleyes: . It still amazes me how some people fail to see the brainwashing that goes on in this country.

One last thing before I log off...

In a somewhat parallel argument.... is there anyone on here who seriously still believes that prostitutes have sex with strangers for money because they enjoy the sex.... or have they now realised it's for the money.

I'm not a prostitute either, by the way... :rolleyes:

Guest louis wu
One last thing before I log off...

In a somewhat parallel argument.... is there anyone on here who seriously still believes that prostitutes have sex with strangers for money because they enjoy the sex.... or have they now realised it's for the money.

I'm not a prostitute either, by the way... :rolleyes:

Wow, that was one hell of a leap to a new subject:?.

I think studies show they are forced into prostitution by a number of different reason, of which I don't think a love of sex was high on the list

Guest louis wu
Also Priority does the fact that the benefit goes to 'Egypt' each year 'apparently :rolleyes: give a clue as to why they where chosen as an example;) ?

I have been to Egypt, and would be interested to know what you meant by your remark. Do I fit in to the stereotype you are refering to?

I have been to Egypt, and would be interested to know what you meant by your remark. Do I fit in to the stereotype you are refering to?

It wasn't me who mentioned that this 'benefit cheat' visited 'Egypt' regularly. Think about it

Incidentally so have I & throughly enjoyed it

I am confused. What is the significance of going to Egypt? Have I missed some hidden meaning or is it just that it costs a lot to go there?:confused: I have been there too - 20 years ago.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Guest louis wu
I am confused. What is the significance of going to Egypt? Have I missed some hidden meaning or is it just that it costs a lot to go there?:confused: I have been there too - 20 years ago.

I agree, I don't know.

Apparently some thought it was significant that Egypt was mentioned, but they have failed to explain their believed significance.

I have though about it, and can only think it could be a reference to ethnicity, that maybe the cheat was 'foreign', but knowing setmefree (the OP on this point), this could not be further from the truth.m It would also be quite insulting if this was the point trying to be made, and I hope this possible explanation is a long way from the truth.

I hope we get an explanation

I'm gobsmacked,i started this thread for views not to be condemned over it,with reference to priority's remark middle class and tax evasion where the hell has that come from.

we are a family of 4 and our total take home income included tax credits and child benefits is £320.00 per so where the hell you get middle class from is really baffling me.

And What is the big deal of using the example of a British family who frauded the system and spend it on expensive holidays every year to Egypt,that's the place they went to every year what's the big deal.

I have stuck up for CAG many times over different debates,well i can assure you after reading the remarks against me of being middle class and targeting weaker people,i won't defend no more.

I don't think P1 was implying that you were middle class and evading tax, but pointing out that far greater amounts of money are lost from the state's coffers due to tax avoidance schemes available to those who can afford to pay but don't.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Wow, that was one hell of a leap to a new subject:?.

I think studies show they are forced into prostitution by a number of different reason, of which I don't think a love of sex was high on the list

Yes Agreed louis,having seen documentaries in the past,a lot of prostitutes when asked why they did what they did answered to feed their drug habit.

I wonder which particular "newspaper" reported about that one ? :rolleyes: This thread shows how easy it is to fool the general public into turning against one other.... People really need to thnk about who controls the media sometimes ?...

Reporting benefit theft : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Not a newspaper.

What's your excuse for middle-class tax evasion then ?... or do you prefer to home on on weaker targets as well. ?

Firstly this thread is about Benefit fraud nothing else,secondly see below

Rent arrears £200

council tax in hands of bailiff's £500.00

Debt in hands of Our friend Bryan Carter £600.00

Loan arrears £1300.00 ,due to the fact that i have finally been diagnosed with connective tissue disease after many tests,loan insurance says you should have declared it from word go so we ain't paying out.

So P1 as for your remark of homing in on weaker targets,have your facts at hand before making remarks like that.

Yeah just like the couple who got caught living by me,two kids the mother claiming as a single mother whils't the partner who is father of the kids lived in the same property.

The only thing that this family lost out on was their yearly holidays to Eygpt and weekends on the booze.:mad:

Well there you go then. Booze is a staple part of society nowdays - the BBC tells me so every single day - and to be honest, when you have as much interference in your life as we do from out government, booze is needed to forget about them.

....and everyone deserves a holiday surely?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

As a scouser I think I shouldn't join this discussion :p lol

I think its wrong to generalise in any situation .As far as benefit cheats go there may be some who do it for drink but there are some who do it for genuine reasons .Income support is suppose to be the least ,by law, you can live on .Yet for eg if you have an emergency expense they will lend you money that has to be paid back .How are you suppose to pay it back if you are getting the least you can live on anyway ? Then maybe your kids need new shoes and a DCA is threatening to take what little stuff you have . what do you do ? leave your child to be ridiculed and even wet feet and let the DCA take what little luxuries you have ? or do you go and earn some money to get you out of that predicament as you certainly can't go and ask for another loan .As you can't afford to and they will say no anyway as you have an outstanding loan.

Maybe people should put themselves in others shoes sometimes . Yes there are some people abusing the system , you find that in every walk of life .Yet there are some people who really need help and are struggling . What one do you think the newspapers will highlight .. the one playing the system or the one really struggling to make ends meet .

• Haha 1

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Guest louis wu
Yes there are some people abusing the system , you find that in every walk of life

From what I have seen, this is the only catagorie of person that the original post was aimed at. I think it's only clouding the issue to bring in genuine claimants, they are not cheating the system.

If everyone in the country tried to claim benfits, that would leave a very reduced fund for those who genuinely need it. As it is, the 'pot' for those genuine cases is being sucked dry by the freeloaders.

I find this unacceptable, but as always when this subject is discussed, some people cannot see the wood for the trees.

If you think benefit cheats are harmless, then good for you. I happen to view them as paracites bleeding society dry.

I don't think P1 was implying that you were middle class and evading tax, but pointing out that far greater amounts of money are lost from the state's coffers due to tax avoidance schemes available to those who can afford to pay but don't.

Thanks to Goldlady... you've summed me up well.

I was not attacking anyone in particular, but am sick to the back teeth of the assumptions that go hand in hand with people on Benefit. I certainly wasn't accusing Setmefree of being middle-class... just that people should try and weight up the bigger picture before being drawn into any Government hype about Benefit cheats.

I've been on Benefits in my time.... talked to as if I'm a 2nd rate thicko, trying to raise a child on my own who would obviously go off the rails, get into drugs, fall pregnant, etc. Wrong. My daughter passed 10 GCSEs last Summer... 3 at Grade A*, several at Grade A and the rest at Grade B. She is doing A-levels at present and will be off to uni after that. She has grown up not to stand in judgement of anybody trying their level best to make it in this world.... whether on Benefits or not.

I do not condone any form of cheating... be it Benefit cheating, tax evasion... or anything else. What I was trying to say was that I do understand why some people do it. Of course there will be people who habitually abuse the system.... and they will eventually be caught. However, there are also those who have done nothing wrong and have been reported anyway (such as myself on 2 occasions)... for putting my daughter first and managing too well, I suppose. What they failed to see at the time was that by not smoking, drinking or going out, I was able to do that.

:)

well said, not everyone who "cheats" is a chav who drinks it up the wall. i know of people who are payinf off crisis loans and council tax arrears and overpayments of tax credits directly from income support payments and are left with very little for themselves and thier children to live on. what are they supposed to do? its very difficult to see it from all sides till you have been sat praying that the emergency credit wont run out on your metre and you have run out of nappies and have no money AT ALL in your purse.

i can totally understand why some people work cash in hand for a little bit extra to help with essencials and if i were in that situation i woulkd be more than tempted to do it too.