perky88 - fair/unfair ?

Guest interesting
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest interesting

I have been sent a msg by perky88 and apparantly he has been barred from posting on this site for reasons the moderators have not told him.

Did I miss something, or was he just having a debate and then the threads were hijacked by 2 or 3 individuals from pepipoo ????

Maybe its just me, but like others I am 'on the fence' with this one and cant see in any post a reason for him to be barred from the site.

Is this just a case of OTT moderation,maybe he upset one of them and they took it personally?

People may disagree with his views, but surely thats not a reason to barr someone after all this forum is actually described as 'A forum to discuss the legalities or unlawfulness of parking tickets or charges'.

Who knows why he was barred, only a moderator can explain that one, but it could be something to do with the fact he published the content of a private message he had been sent by another member on one of he threads.

While I have nothing do with the moderation and by no means know the moderators or any other participants here, and I also don't have any opinion on the actions of the moderators, I want to give my opinion to this, since I posted in that thread, in what I believe, satisfactory way throughout.

Perky was the one who avoided dealing with concrete points of discussion. It would be very good to have a discussion on certain especially legal points of the discussion. And a pointed question that asks why a certain legal principle is or is not violated would IMHO help a lot of people here.

However, usually those questions were ignored, or answered by perky with personal attacks, or by disclosing of private information, which most of it has been edited, I believe by the moderators, and therefore does not show anymore.

I would rather like to discuss the issues at hand, than what is fair/unfair. Fairness is always a subjective emotion, that can only be solve by agreeing to disagree. Let's stick to issues that can be objectively discussed.

Good morning Team

We have a duty to protect peoples identities, when information is posted up on the forum for everyone to see. The thread was getting completley out of hand with personal remarkes, personal information posted, and right or wrong, the decision was made to close the thread after numerous Moderated posts.

You are all welcome to start a new thread and discuss / debate the topic in question. Please remember that people do have their own opinions, which may wind up another member. It would be better to report a post if you are unhappy with the other members comments, and refrain from personal insults and harassment, even by PM.

We are here to help, even if it means calling our local councils or Police Stations for advice on a question, we as a team would do that. Please stick to the forum rules and lets all try and get on.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Guest interesting

Yes, I agree the thread was crazy, but barring 1 person who has been a member for sometime, seems a little overkill.

I can't go into details. Being a member for some length of time, does'nt give them immunity from the site rules.

Perky88 can still post, but the posts will be checked first. It's his choice whether or not to post, or sit on the side lines.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I can't go into details. Being a member for some length of time, does'nt give them immunity from the site rules.

Perky88 can still post, but the posts will be checked first. It's his choice whether or not to post, or sit on the side lines.

There is a simple way to prevent people from other boards stirring things up here.Do not allow them to post until they have been a member for two weeks.If they consider they have something vital to contribute, they can post their message to a moderator for checking first.If anyone has a problem that needs sorting, the moderator can then post it in the right section.

Guest interesting

Ok, Maybe hes not aware of that as in the email he sent me he stated he had posted to a couple of questions and they have not been put on the site. Unless the moderators are checking them to see if they agree with the content. I hope that all the others who particiapted in the thread and posted anything that disclosed a personal name,address have been treated the same.

I will see if i have access to his posts made recently. I'm new to the Mod role and the access rights, but i will look. Other posts were also Moderated and PM's sent to the users, i saw, posting personal attacks.

The trouble is Electron a large number of users here, have 6 user names or more. If they lost the use of one, they simply jump onto another one. I hope this answers your questions.

WARNING TO ALL

Update

I have just approved Perky's posts.

WARNING TO ALL

Guest interesting

Thanks for the clarification, lets hope the last few days can be forgotten and we can carry on like before :???:

Please feel free to close this thread, I should have probarly just PMd an admin anyway in the first place.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks