My own DMP, any advice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just started to arrange my own DMP.

I have completed a genuine and detailed income / expenditure sheet from the National Debtline, and I have offered reasonable pro-rata payments to all my creditors.

So far I have only received a response from Clydesdale and Cahoot, both declining my offer and advising that I consult Citizens Advice.

What should my next move be? I feel like sending a sarcastic letter asking if they would rather me not feed my children so that they can have some more money but I think that could be counter productive!

I do feel angry because I have always paid these creditors on time and over the years I have paid £££££££££'s in interest and I have made them genuine offers whilst I sort out my financial affairs.

I do have other creditors who have not been able to provide Credit Agreements therefore they are getting ignored!!

The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

So far I have only received a response from Clydesdale and Cahoot, both declining my offer and advising that I consult Citizens Advice.

1. Check with NDL to make sure your figures are within the guidelines.

2. Write back stating that NDL are a recognised debt help chairty, so much so that Clydesdale actually assist with their funding, I'm sure cahoot do but I can't remember for the life of me who own cahoot. By this token, These creditors should advocate the service NDL provide. This means that they are acting in an unreasonable manner and you should write an official letter of complaint to them. To be honest you NEED to stick to you guns, it make take 3/4 letters to these people to get them to agree. stick to it. Read up on The Banking Code (s14) and the OFT guidance and ensure you apply it to good use with them!

Thanks for the advice sequenci

Cahoot are owned by Abbey

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

Egg have responded today and they seem quite positive toward my offer. They just want a few more details with regards to my income / expenditure but I think they will go for it.

I have been reading up on the banking code as suggested by sequenci, and I can recommend it to anyone else in a similar position to myself.

Debt Collection Charges

Shame about the others!

Debt Collection Charges

• 2 weeks later...

SAINSBURYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They keep ignoring my letters (3 to date, all recordered delivery) Now I have received the usual threatening letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott!!

I am really mad about this and could do with a bit of advice.

Should I complain to FOS or to Sainsburys and what should I tell B,O & S in the meantime?

Debt Collection Charges

sequenci,

I was thinking of something along the lines of -

Sainsbury’s Bank

City House

City Road

Chester

CH88 3AN

Dear Sir/Madam

Re Account No/Reference No:- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Why do you ignore my letters?

On xxxxxxx I sent you a letter regarding my offer of pro rata payment – You did not reply.

On xxxxxxxx I sent the same letter via recorded delivery – You did not reply.

On xxxxxxx I sent a third letter via recorded delivery – You did not reply.

Today I have received a letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott threatening legal action.

As you are unprepared to enter into any correspondence with me I require you to inform me in writing of your internal complaints procedure, failure to do so will result in a complaint being registered with The Financial Ombudsman Service.

Debt Collection Charges

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE,

Got a letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott which says "Thank you for your letter dated xxxx" I have not had any correspondence with them whatsoever. The letter I sent was to Sainsburys!

Whats more they are requesting that I re send my original letters as they don't have them on file!! (No because I sent them to Sainsburys you muppets)

Cahoot will not accept my offer nor do they want to negotiate, so i am paying what I offered and they can take me to court if they want.

HFO have asked me to prove my mortgage amount and car lease purchase amounts (out of all my creditors they are the only ones to request this info and whilst I can provide the information I do feel a bit naffed off with their suspicion) not only that the HFO is the lowest balance out of the lot and they are been the most awkward.

Debt Collection Charges