How bad is your credit file?

Under Siege
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have always had a great credit rating until recently. Now not a week goes by without me getting another default or late payment ;)

However after thinking about it a lot, I would like to declare that "I couldn't give too hoots".

My reasoning behind this is that I have spent the last 10 years struggling to make payments and neglecting my business by dipping into my business account to pay debts, all so that I could get more credit should I need it. I have now decided that I DO NOT want anymore credit! I am sick to the back teeth of credit cards in fact I hate them with a passion. So if having a crappy credit score means that I can't get anymore then maybe its a blessing in disguise!!

Also in my line of work I get to meet lots of very successful business people and I am amazed that quite a lot of them have got CCJ's and Defaults etc.

SO I AM NOT GOING TO BE ASHAMED ANYMORE!

I'm in some serious debt, but I am a good person, I work really hard and I have always paid my way and provided for my family. Now thanks to this site I no longer get that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach when Barclaycard or Sainsburys call.

They can all go Bo***cks.

:D :D :D

Sorry if that's a bit of a rant, but I am sick of wasting my life worrying about debt.

The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

Mine is very bad. Of course if the CRAs comply with my DPA request that could all be changing soon

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Hmm well thanks to what I have learned from the site so far I managed to get 12 defaults removed, along with 6 entries in entirety! Still working on the rest but plan to have a clean record within the next year or so.

I have to agree with Under Seige though it may well be a blessing in disguise bad rating = no credit in the future!!

regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

Shane,

Wow 12 defaults removed! Thats really going some. you will have to show me how to do that some time.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

I am working on my credit rating as well. I have had one entry of false information removed

one account marked as settled when the company was falsely saying it was not.

and one removed for a adress that does not exist. I have only bee working on it for a about 2 moths tho.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hiya,

I would of liked to keep accurate records of all correspondance/actions I took here on CAG in threads so others could see how it's done but just didn't have the time unfortunately, I decided to take on all creditors at once and there were quite a few! There are several threads out there that explain the various motions you can use, in my experience I've found the easiest method of removing defaults is in combination with a a penalty charges reclaim.

Also, if a default is served where there are charges on the account the 'sum due' it states is over estimated meaning it can be voided using precedent set in recent case law.

I've also had varied success with the Information Commissioners Office, though you really can't predict what their decision will be, they seem to contradict quite a lot.

you can also question the authenticity and validity of a default if it isn't served properly and contravenes the Regulations

Lastly, failing all the above in 3 circumstances you can take court action and ask a judge to exercise judicial powers under s14(1) & 14(3) to force the creditor and subsequent 3rd parties (CRA's) to remove the credit data

regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Under Siege.. i don't want a credit card again or a loan and i am long past spending too much time worrying about my financial heath but.. and there is a little 'but', i would like to move house and having defaults stops that in it's tracks. I rent privately, and there isn't an estate agent in the country that won't do a credit check these days. I know i certainly wouldn't rent a house out to me after looking at my credit file at the moment!

That's the only drawback about defaults.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

My credit file was pre CAG now i am working on the rest of it.

LXdirect have sent me a strange clear as mud letter see my post littlewoods from a while ago.

Abound have not sent me a valid CCA- not signed and they never sent me one in the first place. in default of the 12+2 and 30 days

Empire stores have also not sent me a valid CCA- not sent one at all and have thretened court action even tho they are in default of the 12+2 and 30 days

Vertbaudet have sent me a blank credit agreement. In deafult of the 12+2 and 30 days thretened court action.

Wescott poo'd themselves and have admitted to no CCA. Now waiting for next person to contact me re this account my be the OC. They have failed to deal with my letter asking who the OC is.

Chrissi

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

although I have a few crappy numbers still, in the main my credit report is crap because it has been 4 years since I've applied, used or wanted any kind of credit whatsoever.

it's getting emptier all the time;)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I agree with you Tom

I dont want any more credit ever..

HAK

If you dont get any more credit what are you going to do for fun ???

:):D:)

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

There are plenty of ways of having fun without using credit.

;)I always have to be in 'credit' with my missus to have fun

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

4 CCJ- Possibly more in pipeline. Tried to keep up with them all got in more debt trying.1 pound a month offered -take it or leave it. Most dont.Caused by downturn in business.Better to try and fail than not to try at all.Someone can surely beat that-go on i dare you.

There are plenty of ways of having fun without using credit.

Hi GM....I meant fun claiming it all back....:)

If I never had credit problems I'd have never found this site, and met so many truly nice people.

best wishes and rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi all,

I feel the same dave but i wont give up this site when everything is sorted as a little knowledge goes a long way. I am not having fun with the claiming bak atm as they are being awkard and not producing the good but threatening me with court action now i have stopped paying them. They also dont seem to understand what default means.

I have now threatened to take them to court for harrassement and refusing to produce documents unless they get me the document by the time my post arrives monday which is 9am so it ill be fun to see what they have put in the post to me since friday.

I gave them 10 days from when they recieved the letter and informaed them of it when they telephoned me on friday to get money.

Chrissi

;)I always have to be in 'credit' with my missus to have fun

I hope it's not an extortionate credit bargain and 0% interest Conar :D I wouldn't want you to miss out!

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

My credit record is without doubt fairly awful at the moment, but I have no decrees on it (CCJ's to most of you) just defaults and I have plenty of time to work on those. My mortgage is a tracker so I don't really need to change it every few years, with my credit rating it would be sub prime anyway. I would however agree that (apart from my mortgage) I never want lots of credit again - I think that's a major lightbulb moment that you have once you start dealing with your debt. Personally I was in a very highly paid job and never really bothered how much I owed (when I finally totted it up the the credit cards came to 60K) until I was made redundant. I one thing I have learned is that I would never leave myself in that foolish position again and now have a very different view of credit.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

lol hopeful1.

Rory we all learn from our mistakes. I hopefully will be using credit in the future but only for stuff like moving house within rented accomadation and moving expenses only small amounts really.

Hi

And i thought my credit rating was bad!?!?!?!?!?

I only have 2 defaults, 3 payed off accounts without defaulting, 1 with 1 late payment. "12 defaults", "8 defaults and one CCJ" thats, well, WOW!

I regret my attitude towards credit when i was younger, it has bitten me in the ass now. To the exstent that i cant even get a credit repair credit card, or bank ACC with anything othere than a electron card.

I would love to be able to get credit, might be a a bad thing, but there if i need it type thing.

If your fed up with borrowing/credit then sit tight for 6 years, then hey presto! clean slate! if you want to use it again that is!

Not one of my defaults are 100% accurate, they even differ from CRA to CRA! the least these companys can do is get it right. It seems they dont care or its not important to process the data till things go wrong(for whatever reason), then BAM dirty default! 6 year grudge!

IMO in most cases, if its not coverd by the CCA then question there right to process after the contract has ended and dont give in!

:!:

Mike,

Im lucky in that respect as my wife has a perfect credit rating so I always lease vehicles in her name.

Debt Collection Charges