Ebay problem

dori2o
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have won an auction for an item I was hoping to give my wife for xmas, but the seller has said they sent it by first class deliveruy the day after payment (10 days ago).

I have advised that if it is not received in the next few days that I will require a refund.

The seller has responded by saying that they are not responsible and they will send me the postage receipt for me to claim back the cost.

But I thought if i paid via paypal I could reclaim the total cost of the auction including what I was asked to pay by the seller.

Am I right or is the seller right?

This has never happened to me before and I don't know what to do.

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

Raise an item not received dispute with ebay, you can do something similar with paypal I think.

Generally the PO won't deal with the buyer as the contract is with the seller, they have to initiate the claim for lost mail. Was postage insurance offered/accepted? Was the type of postage relevant to the value of the item?

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

The post office managed to "lose" an item my son sold on ebay (I suspect some unscrupulous postie fancied a new golf club!). Fortunately we had the proof of posting receipt and got the money for the item back from them. We filled in a lost item form at the PO and enclosed a copy of the ebay invoice sent to the buyer (including photograph). The PO confirmed to our buyer that they were investigating so at least he knew we were genuine. When we got the refund from the PO we refunded the buyer. He didn't get the item he wanted but at least he got his money back.

You do need to raise an item not received dispute with ebay, just to keep yourself right but you also need to get the person you bought it from to start the lost item process with the post office, you can't do it - it needs to be the person who sent it.

Hope it works out OK for you.

Best Regards

Ell-enn

If I have been of help please feel free to tip my scales.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Since you sensibly paid by PayPal, they will handle the transaction. Some sellers will attempt to place conditions in their listing that they are not responsible for items once they're are posted, but you can ignore this with impunity if you use PayPal. You have their guarantee, but do be prepared for some bad feedback if they (the seller) has to refund against their will.

• 2 weeks later...

Start an Item not Received dispute via paypal under the resolution tab.

If you win then report seller for non performing seller under 'my ebay' .

Never worry about a retalitory neg as they are normally seen for what they are!

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

lol !

was it the 15" tv or the perfume or dvd?

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

I have similar problem bought multiple items as one lot on ebay from one seller but i have not received them yet and it's been more than a month, did email the seller few times but she has said she has filed in a claim for lost parcel with royal mail for compensation, and i did open dispute on paypal but she has said the same thing again that she cannot offer refund until the claim with R/M is solved.

But on wednesday i escalted my paypal dispute By ending communication with the seller, for refund and am awaiting.

This did happend to me sometime before as well and i got my money refunded immediately by paypal.

So will have to wait and see.

Ash,

You have done the right thing!

It's not your fault the seller has no monies in their account to refund.

Glad you escalated and do not close the dipute until you have the refund.

Idax

Idax, that's the only way to get your moneyback.

In previous years paypal would refund within 24hours if there was a problem like this there was no dispute to file in but now they have to investigate the issue and then issue a refund.

Hoping my problem will be solved soon.

I have been trading on ebay & internet in general for 7 years now and do not find problem getting things solved, however newbies do encounter problems with ebay sellers/buyers and also paypal but it's not that hard to learn as you go on.

Thanks

Ash

Hi I am another longstanding ebayer.

In Theory sellers should submit claims for you. They have the paperwork and should complete the Inland mails claim form and submit so they can get the refund.

They can politely ask you to wait or you can request an earlier settlement.Some sellers may ask you to wait 14 days from posting to arrival before they refund at your choice in case item is delayed....but if non-responsive like this one all you can do is file a paypal dispute.

There is no law over this but in practice generally this is what most sellers do.

Just refuse and tell him he has to complete the forms, with the excuse that the paperwork could go missing in the post if he sends it out like the item.Make sure you get your refund through the paypal dispute you filed and he can have his money once the RM settle with him.

Then like everyone else states see the dispute through, but make sure you file it through paypal at your earliest opportunity. If you do not get a reply and havent already just esculate the claim and paypal can make the decision.Doesnt appear that he has tracking number for it as he would of let paypal know by now and added to dispute, so it should go your way.The money you get back should be the complete amount paid as it is non-reciept.

Good Luck! S

After a month with seller and no joy i esclated my dispute through paypal and i got my money refunded within 48 hours.:D

It helps if you do the same.

Ash

Idax, that's the only way to get your moneyback.

In previous years paypal would refund within 24hours if there was a problem like this there was no dispute to file in but now they have to investigate the issue and then issue a refund.

Hoping my problem will be solved soon.

I have been trading on ebay & internet in general for 7 years now and do not find problem getting things solved, however newbies do encounter problems with ebay sellers/buyers and also paypal but it's not that hard to learn as you go on.

Thanks

Ash