Private Parking Tickets - Template Letters - If you wrote before finding this site.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have the same concern. I was parked where I wasn't strictly supposed to be, and my cpcn says it has a photo AND MCCTV evidence. There were signs. There was no paying meter, because I simply wasn't meant to be parked there, even though it was the car park attached to an NHS clinic. If I was perhaps "in the wrong", they have me on camera, and had plenty of signs up, do I still not pay???

The only reason I parked there was because it was the closest place, I had to go in and give blood and didn't want to faint on the way back to my car.

Your advice would be Extremely helpful to me. Thanks for reading.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the same concern. I was parked where I wasn't strictly supposed to be, and my cpcn says it has a photo AND MCCTV evidence. There were signs. There was no paying meter, because I simply wasn't meant to be parked there, even though it was the car park attached to an NHS clinic. If I was perhaps "in the wrong", they have me on camera, and had plenty of signs up, do I still not pay???

The only reason I parked there was because it was the closest place, I had to go in and give blood and didn't want to faint on the way back to my car.

Your advice would be Extremely helpful to me. Thanks for reading.

DX is absolutely correct, ignore those clowns, certainly don't get carried away with any 'evidence' they claim to have.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 3 weeks later...

It will be a familliar story, I think I just need a bit of a hug...

[problem] invoice issued by Excel. I was parked on a road with no visible notices or markings that indicaated that I should be parking and did not realise it was under the control? of said company. Before realising it was a [problem] invoice I emailed my appeal due to no obvious signage.

Received 1st letter of written correspondance: said 'we don't care you didn't see any signs, we want your money', wrote back to this saying I didn't enter into contract with the landowner because I wasn't informed of the conditions of any contract due to insufficient signage. They wrote back with an education in contract law and that people can enter into contract without explicitly saying so'.

Since then I have ignored all correspondence. Debt collection threat then most recently the solicitors letter with notice of intended court action from Graham White Solicitors.

I am confident that I didn't enter into contract and could prove it in court with a decent defence, but I just want to know that I am doing the right thing to ignore these letters, having already corresponded on the matter. Should I contact a solicitor or something like that? Should I wait for a proper court date? Should I write to ask for what evidence they will use in court?

Or just a hug with some reassuring words may help..

Thanks in advance,

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first time i have posted, and any help will be welcomed.

Myself and my husband visited a Mamas and Papas Store in a Retail Park in Liverpool. I was very heavily pregnant and i also had my 3 year old daughter with me. My husband parked the car directly outside the store, thinking it was a Parent and Child Bay. Once we left the store after about 5 minutes we found a parking ticket on the screen of my car, this was when we realised that my husband had parked my car in a disabled bay. I wrote them a letter explaining what had happened, and received a letter back basically saying SO WHAT PAY. Since i received that letter i have been reading on websites, which have all advised to ignore and not to pay, which is what i have done. Only now they have sent me a letter saying they have passed on the debt to a debt collection company, and they are applying to the Courts for a CCJ. Can anyone advise me what to do next?

They cannot just "apply for a CCJ". The law of the land doesn't work like that. For a CCJ to be issued, the case has to go to court (very unlikely) you lose ( very, very unlikely) and then you refuse to pay whatever the judged orders.

If or when you do receive a letter from a debt collector ( and the parking company is UKCPS) then they will have the very misleading name of "Court Proceedings Ltd". Don't be intimidated by that name. They are just a third-rate debt-collection company that operates out of a small office in Oxford Street London, and have no connection whatever with the courts.

Hello there, I Have been reading your thread with much interest as my mother in law received a £40 parking fine from Parking eye claiming that she had exceeded the allowable parking time at an Aldi store.

Hi this is a similar scenario to myself, I recieved a ticket from parking eye yesterday and they expect 40pound, soon to be 70pound, from me. I was shopping at Aldi and overstayed my welcome by 14 minutes! The limit is just 1 hour! Cornwall...Newquay store. I am goign to speak to the manager tomorrow and failing that Aldi UK HQ. I was dismayed! I was bloody spending my hard earned in their store!!! Anyway, they're not having a penny and I'm not admitting any fault or responsibility. the signs, i later discovered that were there, are 10 feet up!!! As your experience was similar to mine and last year, could you let me know what your outcome was, many thanks.

Hi this is a similar scenario to myself, I recieved a ticket from parking eye yesterday and they expect 40pound, soon to be 70pound, from me. I was shopping at Aldi and overstayed my welcome by 14 minutes! The limit is just 1 hour! Cornwall...Newquay store. I am goign to speak to the manager tomorrow and failing that Aldi UK HQ. I was dismayed! I was bloody spending my hard earned in their store!!! Anyway, they're not having a penny and I'm not admitting any fault or responsibility. the signs, i later discovered that were there, are 10 feet up!!! As your experience was similar to mine and last year, could you let me know what your outcome was, many thanks.

Hi welcome to cag. As you will see Tessbrum only posted once and was advised to Ignore. People tend to panic when they receive these invoices, come here get the advise to ignore are told to expect the chain of letters after you get the full set the PPC will go away. I imagine if anything happened Tessbrum would have been back.

There is the other option that they panicked and paid.

Ignore ignore some more they eventually give up. Specially Parkingeye.

Mine was from the same store, my crime was to do my shopping there and then have the audacity to eat my lunch on the benches overlooking the sea (lovely view), I have ignored them but i have only had 2 letters and then they gave up !

hello all:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Advice needed!!

I wish I came across this website before I replied but I never so here’s my story…any advice would be very much appreciated!

I got a ‘parking charge notice’ for parking my vehicle past the time notice. I think I had overstayed by 20 mins. The amount I was being charged by LDK security astonished me so I looked on the internet and I stumbled across another website which had letter templates to send off to the private car parking company – so I sent off a letter saying the following:

You issued me with a parking ticket on 14 August 2010 but I believe it was unfairly issued and I will not be paying your demand for payment as the fine is disproportionate.

According to the Unfair Consumer Contract Regulations, parking fines on private land must not exceed the cost to the landowner during the period the motorist is parked there. In my case, the £60 charge you are asking for far exceeds the cost to the landowner of £0.50p for 1 hour. I would need to have been there for 120 hours to justify your sum.

If you choose to pursue me for this fine please be aware that I will not enter into any correspondence and this will be the only letter you will receive from me until you respond to the specific points raised in this letter.

On Monday 15 November I have received a response saying they reject my representation against the parking charge notice and my vehicle was illegally parked, and I consented to the risk of being issued a parking charge notice by parking my vehicle past the time limit.

They state that the car park is regulated by the contract conditions displayed in the car park and by implication I entered into a contract with LDK security or the landowner and I accepted the terms & conditions that apply by leaving my vehicle at my own risk.

They also state they operate under the BPA approved operator scheme and code of practice for parking enforcement on private land and unregulated public car parks as issued by the british parking association and the charges are not deemed unfair by law.

Failure to comply in sending payment will result in my details being passed on their debt collection agency and the issue of court proceedings without firther warning whereby extra cost will be incurred. Photo’s maybe sent and they will not enter into multiple appeal processes.

Do I really just ignore them? Does it really work? I really can’t afford to pay any of the sums they request but it is quite threatening and scary.

Please help!!

Got a parking notice charge on my windscreen from UKCPS - was parked in the underground private car park underneath the block of flats where I live, in a parking space allocated to myself for which I have a permit. Unfortunately this slipped off the dashboard, so I came back to the car to find that I'd been charged for parking without displaying a valid permit. The charge states that I have to to pay £100, or £60 within 14 days.

Nearly paid the thing off last night just so I could forget about it, but after finding this forum am so glad I didn't!! How can they charge me for losses incurred when I was parked in my own parking space?? It's not like anyone else could have used the space or it was a pay and display.

Just seems absolutely ridiculous - so I'll ignore and look forward to the letters that will no doubt be heading my way...

Hi

Please can you help me.

I was travelling to London yesterday and I really needed to stop and pray. As I was short rushed for time, I parked on the Macdonalds car park. When I returned, I had a PCS Parking Charge.

They have said If I pay within 14 days, I will only have to pay £50.00, else it will double......

Please advice what is the best course of action - I would really appreciate your help.

Hi

Please can you help me.

I was travelling to London yesterday and I really needed to stop and pray. As I was short rushed for time, I parked on the Macdonalds car park. When I returned, I had a PCS Parking Charge.

They have said If I pay within 14 days, I will only have to pay £50.00, else it will double......

Please advice what is the best course of action - I would really appreciate your help.

You ignore this notice. You have done nothing wrong and you have not broken any laws.

You ignore this notice. You have done nothing wrong and you have not broken any laws.

Thanks - will their be any combacks?

a couple of dca threat-o-grams.....then the 'fake' solicitors letter

What happens to their correspondence?

hamster bedding

What can they do?

nothing

What's the legal standing?

none

I appreciate your response.

do some reading!!

dx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

I was wondering if someone could clarify for me;

I've been reading the threads regarding cowboy private parking outfits like UKCP. I know that the rules are different if the ticket is council-issued.

Case in point: My father in law drove to our local hospital a few months ago to visit his sick mother (who has since passed away), there was no allocated spaces to park so he parked at the side of the road, nowhere near any junctions, not causing an obstruction at all. He didn't pay the parking charge because he wasn't anywhere near any allocated spaces. Came back a few hours later and found he'd received a parking ticket. Now before you ask, I haven't actually seen the ticket so I'm not sure which company would have issued it, but my question is, if it's a ticket issued by a private company acting on behalf of the local health board, are the circumstances similar to the UKCP scenario, i.e. unenforcable? Or are the rules different since the landowners are owned by a government body, i.e the NHS.

I can speak to him later and examine the ticket as I'm sure he still has it.

With the above in mind, that private parking "fines" are unenforcable, how does that affect things like non-council pay and display car parks? Could you simply park there, not pay then challenge and ignore any penalty notices that may come your way?

hi,

i was issued with a £100 private parking ticket by opc giving the reason that it was parked out of bay.

i am a resident of 1 of the flat with 21 flats and i was told that the parking is free for residents.

i even tried calling opc on the contact number put on the signage but those numbers didn't seem work.

after a lot of google search i got a number about a certain person who is responsible for our car park but even after leaving voicemails no reply .

there are not enough bays for parking for all cars for the 21 flats so my car was parked in the car park where other people from other flats also park their cars.

so can you suggest me what is next step i need to do.

thank you.

Hi there.

I was wondering if someone could clarify for me;

I've been reading the threads regarding cowboy private parking outfits like UKCP. I know that the rules are different if the ticket is council-issued.

Case in point: My father in law drove to our local hospital a few months ago to visit his sick mother (who has since passed away), there was no allocated spaces to park so he parked at the side of the road, nowhere near any junctions, not causing an obstruction at all. He didn't pay the parking charge because he wasn't anywhere near any allocated spaces. Came back a few hours later and found he'd received a parking ticket. Now before you ask, I haven't actually seen the ticket so I'm not sure which company would have issued it, but my question is, if it's a ticket issued by a private company acting on behalf of the local health board, are the circumstances similar to the UKCP scenario, i.e. unenforcable? Or are the rules different since the landowners are owned by a government body, i.e the NHS.

I can speak to him later and examine the ticket as I'm sure he still has it.

With the above in mind, that private parking "fines" are unenforcable, how does that affect things like non-council pay and display car parks? Could you simply park there, not pay then challenge and ignore any penalty notices that may come your way?

If the Hospital parking charge is a private charge then ignore it is best policy.

As regards the Pay & Display private parking issue, I don't think many here would condone abusing a landowners right to charge for parking. You can either accept it or go somewhere else. The issue is the disproportionate charges placed on vehicles who contravene the PPC terms. If I had paid and received a charge for one of their many clauses I would then ignore any further contact. However if it was P&D I would pay.

hi,

i was issued with a £100 private parking ticket by opc giving the reason that it was parked out of bay.

i am a resident of 1 of the flat with 21 flats and i was told that the parking is free for residents.

i even tried calling opc on the contact number put on the signage but those numbers didn't seem work.

after a lot of google search i got a number about a certain person who is responsible for our car park but even after leaving voicemails no reply .

there are not enough bays for parking for all cars for the 21 flats so my car was parked in the car park where other people from other flats also park their cars.

so can you suggest me what is next step i need to do.

thank you.

Do not contact them, ignore all future letters from them. Have a read around the site. OPC in particular are having a rough time lately trying to enforce their charges.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

i have now received a letter from EDRS (ethical debt recovery services) stating that my debt has not been paid and my details have been given to them by their client. T
he letter now decribes it as a civil parking charge notice (is this different from parking charge notice?) and requests full payment within 7 days for the full amount 'as stated above' -
yet there is no amount stated anywhere on the letter.

the address for EDRS on the letter doesnt match any EDRS address i can see on the intranet.

Should i continue to ignore? should i maybe offer to send a cheque to cover the loss to the business (50p!)

Are there any success stories?

Please help!!

UPDATE:

i have now received a letter from EDRS (ethical debt recovery services) stating that my debt has not been paid and my details have been given to them by their client.

What debt? Has any debt been established? Have they even established who the driver was at the time of any alleged contract? The answer to all these is NO, so ignore.

T
he letter now decribes it as a civil parking charge notice (is this different from parking charge notice?)

No, it's all the same BS.

Should i continue to ignore?

YES

should i maybe offer to send a cheque to cover the loss to the business (50p!)

NO

Are there any success stories?

Yes loads, read some of the other threads

Please help!!

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My adult son took an ill friend to Morrisons Stratford a week ago. He has never set foot in a supermarket since a child so of course was unaware of the need to park & pay. How he missed the signs I don't know. Now ParkingEye have sent a letter demanding £50 within the next 10 days & £80 thereafter.

I gather from this thread that ignoring the letter is a reasonable option on my part.

However does anyone know for sure that ParkingEye will not pursue the issue and take the matter further?

Thanks

I gather from this thread that ignoring the letter is a reasonable option on my part.

Not just reasonable, it's by far the best, easiest and cheapest option

However does anyone know for sure that ParkingEye will not pursue the issue and take the matter further?

They will pursue it further in the shape of so-called threatening letters, but that's as far as it will go. PE never

issue court claims

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks