"DBSG to take on misleading websites" - not us surely!

djdave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful ideas - I would call it Dishonest Debt Collectors because they would be the people that would be targeted and the ones that would need to be worried. If there is such a thing as an honest debt collector then they have no worries. Also, CAG should petition the government as they are the ones that have the power to make the changes if they wanted to. :?

Wonderful ideas - I would call it Dishonest Debt Collectors because they would be the people that would be targeted and the ones that would need to be worried. If there is such a thing as an honest debt collector then they have no worries. Also, CAG should petition the government as they are the ones that have the power to make the changes if they wanted to. :?

Oh there are Allwood believe me, and it is those we target to influence the rotten apples on the telephones and in the dca's who don't play by the rules. :p

I have never viewed this site as educating me on debt avoidance, though it has educated me on the law.

Most importantly, it has given me the ability to fight back after years of feeling frustrated, angry and powerless in the face of the DCA's constant lies and harassment.

For many years i have tried to play fair in taking responsibility for my debts and negotiating repayments with DCA's that i could afford, and in return they have been rude to me, treated me as a liar, added extortionate charges, tricked my daughter into given them her Grandad's telephone number and used every trick in the book to try and frighten and intimidate me.

I put up with all of this because i had no choice, but this site has given me options and those options have given me power. This is why the likes of Leigh Berkley are getting jittery, suddenly the little people are not quite so small.

What these people need to learn, but i fear never will, is how to treat others with respect. If they had been fair and respectful in their dealings with me then i truly would have continued to treat them fairly and respectfully in return.

If you treat someone as a sub standard human being for long enough then sooner or later they are going to turn around and act like one. If you coldly use every trick in the book to extort money from vunerable people then sooner or later they are going to turn around and coldly use every trick in the book to stop you.

My message to Leigh Berkley is to treat others as you would like to be treated yourself and to remember that i am no longer vunerable, but you most certainly are. As far as i'm concerned the gloves are now off, you started this free for all mentality and as you've left me with no other choice, i for one am happy to subscribe to it.

• Haha 3

It is people like you Kazzie who are inspiring others to join in like we all did with the banks when CAG first began. The DCA's never thought they'd see the day when it was their turn. We will make mistakes on the way, but then we are not the professionally trained- they are supposed to be, but now it is us teaching them what they have to do and we ARE winning. Thank you, well done and welcome to the journey.

Kazzie makes a good point.

One of the reasons that DCAs engender so much dislike is because they automatically assume (even in the CSA's 'debt manifesto', aka 'How we want to have everything our own way again' document), that debtors are 'won't pays' rather than 'can't pays'. They refuse to acknowledge that bereavement, illness, redundancy and divorce are amongst other things, responsible for people getting into debt, rather than a wilful refusal to pay.

This suits the DCA's cause, since it is much easier to work from the standpoint they take than to have to listen and understand. That is, of course, their prerogative. However, if they want to play hardball, then they must expect an uncompromising expectation that they will comply absolutely with their own obligations in return.

Every time I look at the CSA's 'debt manifesto' I find more drivel:

Debt collection agencies perform a vital function in supporting the UK economy by collecting large sums of unpaid credit accounts for their clients in finance, industry and the public sector.

Vital functions for the country are performed by the military, the police, health workers, fierfighters and so on.

The sllippery parasites of the debt collection industry are not in it for the country - they're in it for the money. If they can't make huge profits, they'll soon move on to something else - why else are they bleating so much about consumer protection legislation?

Just read the 'debt manifesto' again. Curiously, given their enthusiasm for supporting the British economy, I can find no mention of CSA calling for banks and other institutions to stop using offshore call centres and support the British economy by employing people here. Quelle surprise....

They also seem to have forgotten that some of their members are foreign owned, and so are in fact boosting overseas economies.

Oh what a tangled web you weave, CSA...

Kazzie - brilliant post and some very welcome thoughts well written!!

It's so refreshing to see such thoughts written down so well - it makes our cause so worthwhile when seeing how empowered we have all become over recent months.

We will win this and see changes - we just need to keep doing what we are doing.

Very well said Kazzie :) xx

DCAs (or at least the bad ones) like to dehumanise people. It's one of their cheap'n'dirty party tricks. Make someone (already feeling wretched) feel like the lowest of the low, hammer the point home, then get the money. Also, the more they call people 'debtors' the better it makes them feel. They pervert the law and play hideous games with morality.

- But not for much longer. And while we can see them for what they are, millions more people don't have the insight we've gained through CAG. Not yet anyway... As Elizabeth1 says:

We will win this and see changes - we just need to keep doing what we are doing.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Thanks to those concerned for your kind comments, and thanks to the site and everyone involved for empowering me and restoring my self respect in the process. :)

I feel sorry for those out there who for a variety of reasons have no knowledge of CAG, and are probably sitting there feeling things are hopeless like we all have at some time or another. I'm certain that as the ball you've all started rolling gains even more momentum, word will continue to reach a wider audience via different mediums. Thankfully there does seems to be evidence of this already, and i'm happy and grateful to be part of it.

• Haha 2

Those suggesting we start our own sites may be interested to know I've done just that, here:

Fighting back against the dirty tricks of the Debt Collection industry

Nothing on the blog yet, but I'll keep it updated with my fights against Cabot, Link Financial, and my old gym.

• Haha 2

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Those suggesting we start our own sites may be interested to know I've done just that, here:

Nothing on the blog yet, but I'll keep it updated with my fights against Cabot, Link Financial, and my old gym.

Hey well done you!! Nice work :D

I see you've already added me as a link.

Only fair that I do likewise. ;)

UNITED WE STAND!!!!

• Haha 1

This is of course most welcome. The entire credit industry is regulated, forums are not.

What would you say to someone going for legal advice to an individual whom they had never met, was unaware of their name, had no proof of their qualifications, no complaints procedue or regulator. Mad? Stupid? Well, thats what people do here! The advice is not always given by qualified Solicitors, or experts. It is often given my unqualified persons looking up statute etc on the internet AND THEY GET IT WRONG! Unbelievable! Why not not invite them round your house to fix the washing machine as well? I mean zanussi probably have a site with a diagram detailing the technical specifications.

Curiously persons giving debt advice openly (ie WITHOUT hiding behind anonymity) need a consumer credt licence. Here? I do not think so! Forums clearly need proper regulating and someone, should be fined personally where incorrect advice is provided given because incorrect advice is damaging! INTERNET FORUMS NEED REGULATION.

Then, what about the ability of anonymous persons to simply make false accusations which are libelous/slanderous etc. Do you KNOW these stories are true? No. Do you believe them? Yes. Where are the FACTS. "I sued company xxxxxxa and won a quarter of a million in damages", "Company yyyyy were prosecuted"..."company zzzzz swore at me". Of course its all TRUE. When a newspaper prints a false allegation we all cry out, "outrageous", whats the difference?

Here's one. I called Northern Rock today and they ABUSED me. I went to the manager and he gave me £2,000 compo!!! Er, no its a PACK OF LIES. But if I strung you along I have no doubt you would be cheering me on and BELIEVING me.

Sadly, there is clearly debt avoidence on this forum and encouragement of it. If a criminal is guilty, admits it but the evidence is driver off charges due to technicalities is condemmed. He is putting back on the roads DANGEROUS DRUNKS. We all cry "foul". Strange though that when you receive a nice loan, blow it, but years later it becomes 'unenforceable' due to a 'technicality' your views change a bit. You call it "Using the law" I believe? I wonder what you would call it if the drunk killing your child used the law to avoid conviction? Same principle! I respect honesty, not double standards. Just be honest! Nothing wrong with admitting you are AVOIDING YOUR DEBTS if you owe the money and refuse to pay it back.

I think it is a very good thing that creditors and the advice industry are joining together to try and get something done. Lets us support their efforts to get forums properly regulated.

Something tells me you're mischief sosumi - you are researching and digging hard - good on you :D

'Burr under the saddle' for the 'baddies' out there, I hope! ;)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

This is of course most welcome. The entire credit industry is regulated, forums are not.

What would you say to someone going for legal advice to an individual whom they had never met, was unaware of their name, had no proof of their qualifications, no complaints procedue or regulator. Mad? Stupid? Well, thats what people do here! The advice is not always given by qualified Solicitors, or experts. It is often given my unqualified persons looking up statute etc on the internet AND THEY GET IT WRONG! Unbelievable! Why not not invite them round your house to fix the washing machine as well? I mean zanussi probably have a site with a diagram detailing the technical specifications.

Curiously persons giving debt advice openly (ie WITHOUT hiding behind anonymity) need a consumer credt licence. Here? I do not think so! Forums clearly need proper regulating and someone, should be fined personally where incorrect advice is provided given because incorrect advice is damaging! INTERNET FORUMS NEED REGULATION.

Then, what about the ability of anonymous persons to simply make false accusations which are libelous/slanderous etc. Do you KNOW these stories are true? No. Do you believe them? Yes. Where are the FACTS. "I sued company xxxxxxa and won a quarter of a million in damages", "Company yyyyy were prosecuted"..."company zzzzz swore at me". Of course its all TRUE. When a newspaper prints a false allegation we all cry out, "outrageous", whats the difference?

Here's one. I called Northern Rock today and they ABUSED me. I went to the manager and he gave me £2,000 compo!!! Er, no its a PACK OF LIES. But if I strung you along I have no doubt you would be cheering me on and BELIEVING me.

Sadly, there is clearly debt avoidence on this forum and encouragement of it. If a criminal is guilty, admits it but the evidence is driver off charges due to technicalities is condemmed. He is putting back on the roads DANGEROUS DRUNKS. We all cry "foul". Strange though that when you receive a nice loan, blow it, but years later it becomes 'unenforceable' due to a 'technicality' your views change a bit. You call it "Using the law" I believe? I wonder what you would call it if the drunk killing your child used the law to avoid conviction? Same principle! I respect honesty, not double standards. Just be honest! Nothing wrong with admitting you are AVOIDING YOUR DEBTS if you owe the money and refuse to pay it back.

I think it is a very good thing that creditors and the advice industry are joining together to try and get something done. Lets us support their efforts to get forums properly regulated.

****** DO NOT FEED THE TROLL***********

I will go and feed my hamsters instead.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Much of what you say is true, TVM. However, if I may refer to a point in the CSA & DBSG manifesto, they wish for a level playing field. Ah, if only it were that simple. If only the consumer had tax breaks for private investment, millions sitting in offshore accounts, and a team of qualified legalites picking over every minutae of the law to ensure that every loophole is exploited.

Sadly this is not the case. But what we DO have is a collective mentality to assist each other as much as possible, learning as we go, and breaking down the taboo that is debt.

It ain't perfect, but it's all we've got. And if the DCAs are hurting, there is an old saying I firmly believe in...

If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined.

Nice to have an opposing view though. Even if there is nothing of substance there to debate.

• Haha 2

But what we DO have is a collective mentality to assist each other as much as possible, learning as we go, and breaking down the taboo that is debt.

It ain't perfect, but it's all we've got. And if the DCAs are hurting, there is an old saying I firmly believe in...

If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined.

Nice to have an opposing view though. Even if there is nothing of substance there to debate.

Well said Seahorse :D

Welcome to TVM - I look forward to more of your contributions - nice of you to join in here.