"DBSG to take on misleading websites" - not us surely!

djdave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One of Harvey Lacey's gems from Cagney and Lacey (one of my fave TV. programmes) was 'If the government wants to get you they will!' :o :o :o Whether power of 'government' can constitute a few questionable M.P.'s or not I don't know. Every situation is different. In this case I think C.A.G. is a bit too big to be shut down by the back door. However, the more money it costs banks/D.C.A.'s the more it will be disliked. If it gets to a certain point there probably will be some Gollum eyes looking this way. It's hard to stop anything on the internet though. Once the genie is out of the bottle...

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They may try to close CAG down although I dont think they will. There are thousands of CAG members who are also voters. There are thousands of CAG members who are internet savvy and could easily set up a mirror site. It doesnt have to be UK based and unless the British Government goes the way of China there really is nothing they can do about it.

The question must be asked what have the DBSG got to fear from the TRUTH???

If their members acted reasonably and less confrontationally not to mention work within the OFT guidelines then most people would not have GOOGLED them and ended up here.

Not being religious I feel though that I must quote from the Bible and say ''Let him who is without sin cast the first stone''

Giving politicians directorships can be a double edged sword. They have to declare them in the Register of Members' Interests, so they are public knowledge. If they then speak to a subject in a way that is seen to benefit a company they have an interest in, it will almost certainly be picked up by both the opposing party and the media.

As an example, several members of the Lords were recently at the launch of the National Defence Association, a new lobbying organisation which campaigns for 'sufficient, appropriate and fully-funded armed forces'. A laudable aim, but within a few days it was revealed that several of the worthy gents were directors of various defence companies, almost all of which were responsible for bleeding cash from defence with massively over-budget, late projects.

I suspect that if there is a political threat, it is not from a few MPs with noses in the debt industry trough, but from the way New Labour appears to be enthralled by wealth and big business (not to mention 'contributions'). No doubt this is why the CSA make their risible attempts to suggest that DCAs are contributing to Britain's greatness.

There's no doubt in my mind that this government can be influenced by industry; remember Bliar's hunting ban? When all the soap-dodgers and townies were getting moist at the prospect of banning hunting, Bliar commissioned a report, which concluded that whilst hunting wasn't cruel, halal and kosher slaughter techniques were. Bliar also said he'd ban them, but didn't. A cynic might say that this decison was influenced by some of Labour's donors, many of whom own supermarkets or food processing companies, or because Labour didn't want to lose the votes of certain groups. I don't think the debt industry has much clout in this respect, though banks certainly have. However, whilst the economy is in decline and people face a greater than ever tax burden and other strictures, giving more power to debt collectors would be a sure vote-loser, and if there's one thing Labour can be relied upon for, it's that they'll do whatever it takes to try to cling to power.

The banks and debt industry might find it an unpleasant prospect, but I suspect that there will be more emphasis on responsible lending and enforcement of the finance sector in the future.

good post SP i remember back in the early 50s one of the stories i used to like reading from the bible was jesus went into the temple of the moneylenders and in his anger threw over the tables of these parriahs who fed on others misery isnt it a shame that Mr Brown the son of a Minister of the cloth did not read the same books,and throw out the misery makers and give us all back some human dignity and offer us hope against these unscupilous beings,who still prey on the poor who have befalling on hard times

patrickq1

Bliar commissioned a report, which concluded that whilst hunting wasn't cruel, halal and kosher slaughter techniques were.

They are? I would have thought shooting or stunning something and let is die slowly is more painful and cruel than a quick precise cut to the throat and let the blood wash out. Plus sometimes when stunned the animal may even be 'brain alive' when cut up. Now that's cruel.

A few banks / DCAs give directorships (=cash) to a few influential MPs, then point out the awful misleading web sites to them. These MPs are so fearful of lots of people being misled that they propose new laws to ban them - or they persuade naive new MPs that it would be their public duty to introduce the bills so that it can't be traced back to them.

If we can be taken to a war in Iraq then closing down misleading web sites hosted in your own country is a piece of p""".

Have I read too many conspiracy theory books?

Grumpy

For a government already in serious s**t with the British electorate coz of their years of failure and the Iraq war etc...i dont think they will push their luck any furthur.

They are in for a serious drubbing in May's local elections & the general election will be anytime in the next 2 years, which wont be pleasant for them either :D

They are? I would have thought shooting or stunning something and let is die slowly is more painful and cruel than a quick precise cut to the throat and let the blood wash out. Plus sometimes when stunned the animal may even be 'brain alive' when cut up. Now that's cruel.

Not wanting to take the thread off topic, but...

There's a report by the Farm Animal Welfare Council, set up by the government but independent which describes all the methods. It can be downloaded here: http://www.fawc.org.uk/reports/pb8347.pdf

Please do read it; it should reassure you about modern methods of slaughter. The techniques used in ritual methods of slaughter, however, do not make pleasant reading. FAWC were at pains to point out that they were concerned only with the welfare of the animals, not criticism of religions.

Please do read it; it should reassure you about modern methods of slaughter. The techniques used in ritual methods of slaughter, however, do not make pleasant reading.

Death is traumatic to any living thing, no matter how it occurs.

But, reports are just that. In a country using kosher or halal meat, there will be a report outlining how 'modern' methods of slaughter are more traumatic than ritual ones. It's all a matter of perspective.

This is off topic and should be stopped.

This is off topic and should be stopped.

I agree, and I pointed this out in my reply to your question. However, I remind you that it was you who initially raised a question about the efficacy of modern slaughter methods. I draw your attention to the fact that that we were discussing the possible influence of industry in this country upon the government of this country; my point was that Bliar ignored the views of experts. Whilst I fail to see how foreign views of methods of slaughter would contribute to the matter at hand, as always I am open to enlightenment.

• 9 months later...
have a look at this from the bbc website regarding the director of experian

BBC NEWS | Have Your Say | Q&A: Struggling with debt?

- this is just one of the the question and her reply :-x

DAVE, WREXHAM

"I may owe a bank for a student overdraft (under £1000) from the year 2000. Are they still able to chase me for this as I am on benefits following a heart attack and not in a position to offer anything. At the moment I still have not acknowledged the letters from the debt collection agency."

Jill says:

Ignoring letters from the debt collectors is your second mistake. The first was obviously not paying off that overdraft! You say it was for under £1,000 - but that was seven years ago. You might be surprised how interest can mount up over time. Please don't think that your debt will go away if you run away from it for long enough. You need to get in touch with the collections agency and explain your circumstances. If you genuinely can't pay anything at all, then they will probably suggest, as I do, that you seek help from a money adviser who can negotiate for you.

I have complained to the BBC about Jill's totally biased advice telling people to pay off debts whilst NOT telling them that they are statute barred

I fail to understand why the BBC seem to think Experian are service to the consumer when in fact they are the publics worst enemy

Jill says:

The Credit Services Association, the trade body for debt collectors, is very strict with its members about following the Office of Fair Trading's Guidelines code of practice and how to complain if you feel a company is harassing you.

I think this tells us all we need to know about Jill's bias.

Even now, when I speak to people who have never been in debt about this forum and what goes on they appear to want to back off speaking about it as if it is something that only happens to the people living in poverty and can't or won't work. But come on here and you realise these are 'real people' rich and poor alike

the above statement provided by andrew1

well put andrew only thing missing is we have all come together and we all now know that there is no more stigma attached to debt simply put a vast majoritey of the debts have been because we have either been overcharged or hoodwinked or have really fell upon hard times,now we have a voice i can face debt i can also now face those who threaten and last but not least i can now raise my voice and demand things are put right without fear i can also voice my opinion and demand answers from those who at one time i would never have dared utter even a whimper ,now i know i can tell them just what i think ,we as a nation were too afraid to complain hence the reason for the laws riding over us without true consent ,now we are all too aware of the injustice and the unethical people who weild power to satisfy so few what right have they well they have none whatsoever now they have to account for all their greed and they will in the end have to account for theyre actions in front of a judge ...we are slowly breaking down the barriers i for one am so proud of the cag site i dont think we could do without it now ,

patrickq1

• Haha 1

wish i could get dosh out ,i am one of the unfortunite ones who has no dosh,wish i had i would gladly make contribution to cag if i won a million i would gladly fund cag but as a promise at some future time i will make a contribution in financial terms ..sadly at this moment i aint flush i wont go into detail cept to say i am on a single benefit of dla and nothing else,no incapacity due to several rejections from the goverment departments who are supposed to help and having fought with them for several years because of their flawed ALL WORKS TESTS ,i am usually classed as fit untill i go back to the apeals section and produce my heart and cardilar surgeons reports five times now bit of a record ihave gone as far as the health minister intervening in my case all due to an over zealous member of the DWP so i have finnally won my case for having my stamps backdated 6 years bit of a record but unfortunitley does not entitle me to any benefits anyway i will not go on because it brings on stress and i am not in a position to afford to be stressed ...but when i can get fit i am in a position to start work i am lucky i have a trade to fall back on and can find work tommorrow if i needed ..

sorry to go on everyone sob stories dont help but hopefully i will be able to contribute cash one day...but in the mean time i do try to help other as much as i can

patrickq1