100% mortgage insurance ????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

many many years ago when i purchased a house i had to take out a mortgage insurance in case my house was repossesed....................... can any one remember what this type of insurance was called.......

The house was repossesed with a deficit of £27 k after it was sold in an auction........

The mortgage co got the difference from the policy i had paid for.......but then the insurance co chased me for the money (am still paying it today) this happened in 1989....................

Could i reclaim this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for any replies

Scott

it is a higher lending charge which means that the mortgage company will not lose any money if the home is defaulted. it covers the mortgage company and not you.

You, as you have found out, are liable for the repayments.

basically the HLC gets paid to an insurer (im sure not all of it does though) and the mortgage company is insured against default. Normally you get this charge if you borrow more than 95% of the value of the house..

although back in the day the percentage would likely have been lower

My point was however that it hardly goes in Scott's favour if thinking about a reclaim......that and the 18 year gap.

I would have imagined that the ability for the insurers to recover their losses upon a successful claim would have been reflected in the original premiums. Whether it is fair or not is I'm sure not part of the policy wording. :idea:

I too had this type of insurance, however we had a shortfall and during the 80's had to sell. We were chased for 12 years for this shortfall which they said was £30000. No proof of figures etc. We eventually got a loan and they accepted £3500 as full and final settlement. Think they wanted to just get rid of them! But they don't let up, full of lots of threats. Funny how you only get 6 years to claim from them but they get forever to come after you!