HilaryFrances v Yorkshire Bank (Leeds)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hils and Castle :) I don't know if you read my oral hearing outcome in Cardiff CC ? I posted it over on mine (olden v Barclays bank) and one of the others ? if you can't locate I will paste it here, basically we did not get the stay lifted, and it seems the courts have been insructed not to lift any stays, nothing is going to happen until after the OFT case.

As you said, hardly a surprise but I really don't see any stays being removed now.

Well at least you still have an excuse to stay with CAG for a while.:p

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi yes Hils it is such a disappointment, after all the hard work, we are still trying to get more MPs involved, I am waiting to here again from Jessica Morden who has admitted she and the group she calls 'Cross party support group' think it is unfair and one sided, and we hope they will address parliament on this issue. I have asked her how many MPs are involved and she going to get back to me, if she takes more than 2 weeks

I can arrange a meeting at her surgery.

WE need more MPs

I agree the campaign to get MP's is important to continue, but it was disappointing when CAG wrote to all MP's earlier in the year after the Whistleblower programme, that only Andrew George met with BF and Yoda.

My MP is James Plaskitt, who I met, but although he wrote a letter to the OFT did little else. Pretty poor considering he was on the Treasury Select Committee and interviewed Sir Fred Goodwin (the transcript can be found in the CAG library - I think it may be part of the court bundle). You can't help but ask why MP's are not asking loads of questions about our issues given the size of the rebellion against the banks. Should they be more concerned about looking after voters or worrying about powerful institutions.:mad:

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

That is one of the things I have never been able to understand, the whole situation involving what is tantamount to breaking the law, being consistently ignored. There is definately a conspiracy with the OFT, FSA, FOS, supporting the Banks and thats exactly what the government want. Why is there no one powerful enough to stand up for the consumer?

yes but as I dont owe them any money or bank with them any more it makes no matter. I made a couple of mistakes in my bundle and I did not make it clear that the financial difficulties we went through were because the YB took so much of our money, (my entire salary one month,) The judge thought things were tight because I had lost my job. My fault I did not make things clearer but I doubt if it would have made much difference

I know of one case where the claimant proved his case for hardship in court and got a court date for his claim only to have the bank appeal against it and the stay put back :rolleyes:

the only comfort are the Carlisle v Clydesdale directions (if you still owe the bank money) and the statutory interest which is building on your claim value :rolleyes:

pete

Hils will get a bally fortune in interest the time her claim has been going on!:mad:

What's Best for You?