Me V UKCPS Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No con at all. We presently have no evidence to refund the money. That is why Terry needs to get in touch in writing or via email with full details we can then check his claim. I have checked all records and we have no dispute ongoing at this car park.

We are not frightened by court action and wish to act ethically. Conniff please make sure you are aware of all the facts before making accusatory statements

to be told they knew of the case and a refund (cheque) would be sent

So which one is telling lies then? I know which one I believe.

and wish to act ethically

Well I wish to win the lottery, that don't mean I will.

• Haha 1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am another case of being hounded by UKCPS Ltd for monies regarding parking.

The car park in question I use daily and on this particular day it was windy. The upshot of this was that the parking ticket issued blew off the facia. Inadvertantly, being in a rush, I picked up the wrong ticket from the floor to put back on the dashboard.

Subsequently, I was issued with a parking fine from UKCPS Ltd. I have contacted the compnay and supplied them with the original parking permit but they still insist as the wrong permit was displayed and will not back down and I am liable to pay the fine.

Is this correct?

Just to update matters. Terry has had his charge refunded - having looked into the matter we are happy to do this as he indeed had a traders permit (on display) to park in this private car park and the original PCN was issued in error. Terry is satisfied with our handling of this matter.

Regarding Artee I am unclear which client this is but the standard rule (in any car park) is that if a ticket is not on display then a parking charge notice is issued regardless of not if a ticket has been purchased. Ask any of the nationally recognised car park operators or indeed council car parks how they operate. Perhaps Artee could contact UKCPS again for clarification.

Artee, ignore the PPC troll peternet.

Read a few of the sticky's on this forum and if you need clarification post in a thread of your own and knowledgeable people will advise you.

Their "fines" are nothing more than penalty charges which are irrecoverable in court, so don't worry.

I've had three tickets from three different companies in the last year, and, despite never telling them I was not the driver, not one has had the balls to take me to court yet.

I live in hope that one day one of them will......

So Peternet has finally come out of the closet and declared an interest in UKCPS. Blow me down with a feather - I'm shocked.

Whatever legality there may or may not be in contract parking, firms like UKCPS & UK PAO shoot themselves in the the foot by their sheer greed in applying £3 / day "liquidated damages" to their claims.

If you get a ticket from either of these companies, rest easy. Until such time as they change their terms to remove these deemed penalties they would be mad to chance court proceedings.

Just remember to file the paperwork in a drawer should it be required.

• 4 weeks later...

//

Edited by Simon7685

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

Nice one Simon!

Where's our mate Peternet!

Shelley - Please get in touch with UKCPS to sort this - our parking charge notices are correctly issued. leaving it will not make it go away. We act sympathetically in many cases but you need to be aware that people actually pay for parking rights at this location. As far as the comments from other users about the legality of the parking Charge Notice please be assured the wording and terms are approved and have been tested in court. It is not wise to listen to 'barrack room lawyers' - their advice is often wrong and proven to be.

Contrary to the above posting, ignoring seems to work just fine with UKCPS. Excel have found to their cost that Parking Charge Notices are deemed to be unenforceable penalties, can't see the situation being any different with UKCPS.

• 2 months later...
Hi Everyone

I have received to parking tickets from UKCPS Ltd, 1 on 25 July, the other 06 August, both for parking without a valid permit or authority and both for £60.

Hi I know this is a bit of a late on post but... I got a ticket from UKCPS Ltd in exactly the same spot in scarborough as the OP. I stopped for literally 5 minutes, went into a shop next to the car park and when I came back I had a ticket.

I wouldn't really say i was 'parked' as such, rather I was loading the vehicle and went to get the items with which to do so!!!

Anyway the point is has anyone actually successfuly got a retraction of a fine from UKCPS, and under what circumstances. Also, I have been advised by UKCPS to pay the £60 fine before appealing, otherwise it will apparently go up by £3 every day during appeals. My only concern with doing this is that the company may never pay me back the £60.

Many Thanks,

Ed

Do not pay, these are penalty charges that cannot be enforced in court.

If you pay first you will have the devil of a job to get it back again, they do not have appeals, they have fob off letters.

Hi I know this is a bit of a late on post but... I got a ticket from UKCPS Ltd in exactly the same spot in scarborough as the OP. I stopped for literally 5 minutes, went into a shop next to the car park and when I came back I had a ticket.

I wouldn't really say i was 'parked' as such, rather I was loading the vehicle and went to get the items with which to do so!!!

Anyway the point is has anyone actually successfuly got a retraction of a fine from UKCPS, and under what circumstances. Also, I have been advised by UKCPS to pay the £60 fine before appealing, otherwise it will apparently go up by £3 every day during appeals. My only concern with doing this is that the company may never pay me back the £60.

Many Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

This is a long thread, not many would have the time or energy to read it all the way through on first viewing. If you had time to read it from start to finish you would appreciate that:

• These are not "fines" at all but rather simply unenforceable invoices.
  • Their claim is based on contract rather than statute. Any case they may have would be with the driver of the vehicle of the time, not the registered keeper, who they falsely maintain is somehow responsible. Who is is going to tell them who that driver was? - certainly not you. You are under no duty whatsoever to tell them anything.
  • Even their claim under contract law is groundless. The amount claimed amounts to a "penalty". These have been ruled out under English [& Scottish] law for 100 years [Dunlop v New Motor].
  • The £3 / day is laughable. It is there to simply try to intimidate you. It would be struck out for any number reasons, both statute and case law.

There are two ways to deal with this:

1. Ignore completely. You will get increasing strident and hysterical letters from UKCPS advising you of the dire consequences of not paying them. After 5 - 6 letters they will eventually get the message that you are not paying and they will move on to easier targets.
  2. You could use the template letters from this site - thread attached.

In both case, keep all correspondence in a safe place, may come in useful for fighting back.

Me personally, with UKCPS, because their paperwork and claims are so outrageous, I'd simply blank them completely - let them spin!

Don't even think about paying these [problematic], your instincts are quite right, you would never see your money again.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone

I have read this thread with a lot of interest over the past couple of months, the exact same thing happened as the original poster said, vehicle stopped for just four minutes whilst the car was loaded, many letters followed, the last one showed photographs of the vehicle but no time stamp on it, nor any proof of driver. I have not entered into any correspondence, but the letters kept coming, five in all. Now I get a Claim form from the County Court.

I have the impression that perhaps UKCPS try their hand on occasions taking a person to court, maybe hoping the distance involved would mean they get a default hearing resulting in a person having to pay.

In Scotland this type of behaviour from a private carpark was deemed to be nothing more than an attempt to extort money, given that the style they use by attempting to emulate official parking tickets is tantamount to fraud, to claim on their ticket removal is an offence is in itself an offence in law by them.

Add to this their signage does not state hours of operation such as 9 to 5 conversely neither does it state 24 hours.

There has been no proof of driver, nor time stamps on the photos they produced.

I am mad as hell this type of extortion should be practised let alone they feel able to take a person to court.

Advise would be most welcome, of course I shall respond to the courts demanding retraction and that UKCPS must prove the registered keeper was the driver at the time, or surely their case would collapse.

Regards

Sour Cream

Oh to add to my first post, I am tempted to write to the pc company and invite them to uphold their case against me in court, telling them it will be challenged vigorously and give case law in scotland as supporting argument, then suggest we may end up setting the same

precedent here in the uk and they can effectively say goodbye to their thriving rip off extortion business

Regards

Sour Cream

I should have added, in regards to my idea to send a letter to the courts refuting liability as there is no case to answer in law, the only case up for discussion is extortion by them, it is the legal system now whereby all supporting documentation "evidence" must be provided to all parties prior to the hearing, the law is all about full disclosure, tactics of old are not permissible these days, so my request for proof of driver should rattle their cage somewhat

Edited by sour_cream

Hi Al

Is it worth starting a new thread since so much is already written within this one, and we are talking about the same car park ie Wilkinsons. ?

I can easily cut and paste into a new thread if you think its a good idea.

You mentioned Steve, (Steve Hall aka? Steve Allen aka? Matthew Brough) am I to assume UKCPS (ltd) and UK P.A.O (leeds) are one and the same company ?

If this is the same crowd then I shall let it go to court.

Regards

Sour Cream

Edited by sour_cream

hmmm they don't appear at the same address, but does that rule out if they are the same people

UKCPS LIMITED

1ST FLOOR

STANDARD HOUSE GEORGE STREET

HUDDERSFIELD

WEST YORKSHIRE

HD1 2JF

Company No. 05090613

Previous Names:

Date of change Previous Name

22/06/2004 JUSTIFIABLE DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED

Name & Registered Office:

UK P.A.O. LIMITED

38 BRADFORD ROAD

PUDSEY

LEEDS

LS28 6DD

Company No. 04958206

Although they sent me a number of letters, five in all, at no time did it then go to the next procedure of "debt collection" by issuing letters from a solicitor nor agency.

I think they have shot themselves in the foot by attempting to use the courts as collection, this is in fact incorrect and an abuse of the legal structure.

The fact remains this is money by extortion, I cannot see a court being party to that by ruling in their favour.

Comments appreciated .....

Regards

Sour Cream

That's a good question. Hall is UKCPAO, but the paperwork from both is suspiciously similar. Have a look at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/135687-ukcps-ltd.html

If you've received court papers, I think it would be a good idea to start a new thread and scan the paperwork minus *all* personal details, plus a brief bit of background (without giving anything away to the UKCPS trolls)

• 2 months later...
Guest KING RIZZLER
it would be a mistake for anyone to post details of a live case on an internet forum - the PPCs love to trawl forums and use the posts. I would also not discuss this via PM.

so UKCPS are they worth the hassle?

my case ? what case ? nothing happened so there was no case. (and sorry to any PPC trolls reading but no identifying information will be forthcoming. I am sure that the others that were questioned on this will follow suit)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks