welcome finance

conradsfate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

had a car from welcome on finance begining of last year. i have now missed 2 payments, im having difficulty in paying plus im disputing the PPI

didnt realise that could have refused PPI.

also i have a re-occurring kidney disorder that sometimes crops up now and again which puts me out of work (on the sick). my legs fill with fluid and its painful to walk.

i read in the terms (which i know is a bit late now) but they did not tell me this, that any illness known before PPI taken out they would not pay out on.

i rang branch as they sent letter, to discuss missed payments, he got a bit touchy with me so i decided to mention the PPI. that could i have it cancled and get refunded as i think it was mis sold. he changed his tone quickly and now is trying to get me to do another agreement with no PPI combined with the loan mentioned below. its over a longer period.

also i have a seperate loan with welcome (also behind with payment)

PPI is on that to and i did not ask for it.

well someone called to my house, charged me £25 on both accounts just for the one visit. i complained that i should only have been charged once as it was just one trip to discuss both accounts, but they said that it was 2 seperate accounts so it was treated seperatly.

also when i shut the door, i found he had posted a letter and i was charged for that. why ? hed just spoke to me 5 mins before.:???: :???: :???: :???:

dont know what to do as he also mentioned my account will go into default soon.

Firstly I'd suggest that you have nothing more to do with them over the phone as they'll deny calls as and when it suits them. Keep everything in writing and send it recorded so you can prove receipt - it costs £1.04 for a standard size and weight letter.

Secondly have you got (or can you get) a letter from your doctor confirming your condition? Send Welcome a copy of this and inform them that home visits to a person in your condition will not be tolerated.

Next, make a formal complaint in writing about mis-selling of the PPI - on both accounts.

Welcome are likely to try pressuring you into taking out another loan with them - and signing a new credit agreement. I would personally be extremely wary of this and instead concentate on getting your PPI payments back.

Others may be able to advise whether Welcome's charges (£25 for a visit!!) are lawful under UTCCR, there may be a case for relaiming these too.

Lastly, if you're off sick and struggling with payments, send Welcome a budget sheet with a realistic repayment proposal. Don't leave yourself short, you need food heating and basic essentials. Knowing Welcome they won't accept it, but they'd look pretty damned stupid if it ever got to Court (don't worry, it almost certainly won't!) and they'd refused a reasonable offer.

Thoroughly unpleasant people, from my mate's experience with them. I'm sure others will offer some more advice soon, but best of luck :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

welcome are a bunch of liars. my o/h like you had a loan and car finance with them, he was elf employed had an accident could not work ppi did not cover him. they were constantly ringing his mum threatening allsorts, they also sent someone to my house while i was heavily pregnant threatening the bailiffs. they got a ccj on him and went for a charging order. he had offered to pay them a small amount weekly which they had ignored. anyway to cut a long story short, after many letters to there nottingham office they agreed to wioe off the charges and ppi. after more letters they have had the ccj set aside and the interim charging order removed?? they have never wrote back since so at the moment we are keeping our fingers crossed that we will never hear from them again.

good luck

Conradsfate Please DON'T under any circumstances agree to sign a new agreement!

This is WF way of covering their tracks for mis-selling. Their agreements are seriously lacking some information and they know it. By signing a new contract they will have you back in their clutches.

If you need any help please pm me.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

hi could any one tell me if i (VT) voluntary terminate the agreement and give the car back as i cannot afford it,

1/ could i still claim back the charges they are charging

2/ and can i still claim back the mis-sold PPI. (payment pro-ins)

but could someone tell me the process of how you VT as i dont want welcome ripping me off more than the already are.

Is it definitely a HP ( Hire Purchase ) agreement you have with them or was it just finance to buy the car? Check your original agreement as it should state clearly at the top if it's HP.

If it isn't HP then the car is yours regardless they can only pursue for the money. But if their agreement is unenforceable they may not be able to pursue you. If the 'total charge for credit' on the agreement is incorrect this may render it unenforceable. If the PPI is stated on the agreement as optional BUT you were told that you wouldn't get finance without it then you may have a case ( this is a separate issue about the PPI being missold ).

I would contact your local CAB or trading standards or scan the agreement on here ( personla info removed ) so someone can have a look at it for you.

Info on HP link below which covers vol. term if it is HP but if they have issued a default notice you can't VT

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 16 How To Deal With Hire Purchase Debt

I am at present dealing with these cowboys I have a solicitor on the case now

I am not dealing with these now my solicitor is

They have thereatned to come an take the car back I am going for a full refund off these as the car is parked up and has had my faults thean anything

I am prepared to fight them all the way.

I cancelled my Ppi BUT I still have to pay the full amount still each month I have someone on them now getting the PPI back

Do not give up persue them do not try & VT the car as they tried to charge me over £2,000 get this they cahrge £127.00 if the tyre is low on tread even the spare, for some reason our spare had a nail in it as my son forgot to get it replaced

Good luck they are idiots

• 3 weeks later...

here is the agreement, if anyoone wants to take a look for me.

it is hire purchase agreement.

ppi is on there, which i was mis-sold.

have S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them but no reply yet.

was going to VT the car but have changed mind from what ive heard and read.

SWScan00001.jpg

SWScan00002.jpg

SWScan00003.jpg

:?

Hi

I have got car finance with Welcome and i'm paying over £60 a month back to them for some kind of insurance's that i was told at the time i had to take otherwise i would not be allowed to take out the finance. Is this right?

No, it most certainly isn't right! have a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

this will tell you what you need to know about your PPI.

My son got his ppi cancelled due to mis-selling by Welcome. (see the Welcomne thread above this one)

Kind regards

Ell-enn

If I have been of help please feel free to tip my scales

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

i hate these muppets. still no statements from my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). cheque also not been cashed.

could anyone tell me i i have to send a seperate letter frpm the ppi claim letter about re claiming the pap, personal accident plan as on the one form i said no and the no box is ticked but they still applied it.

• 3 weeks later...

had a letter today from welcome.

date on letter 19/11/07

dear xxxxxxx

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

FAILURE TO READ THIS LETTER MAY RESULT IN LEGAL PROCEEDINGS

you are hereby served under section 87 (1) of the consumer credit act with the attached default notice. we intend to exercise our rights to enforce collection unless you clear the arrears within FOURTEEN (14) DAYS or alternatively contact me with your proposals for settlement.

be advised that should you fail to contact me and legal action becomes necessary we may apply through the courts for an attachment of earnnings order to be made and deducted via your employers. you will also be held liable for legal expenses incurred.

we strongly urge you to telephone the undersigned immediately with your intentions.

yours sincerely

welcome 2 financial hell.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the notice on other page.....

IMPORTANT - YOU SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULLY

DEFAULT NOTICE

SERVED UNDER SECTION 87(1) OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

date of notice 19/11/07

hire purchase agreement no. xxxxxxx

between xxxxxxxxx of adress xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and welcome finance of unit 4, darwin house, pensnett trading estate, dudley, dy6 7yb.

we refer to the above agreement which you have entered with us. the terms and conditions provide that you must pay each monthly instalment in full on its due date. you are in breach because you have failed to pay the contractual instalments.

to remedy the breach you must pay to us the total arrears of £1,164.52 before 03/12/07.

IF THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE IS TAKEN BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN NO FURTHER ENFORCEMENT ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IN RESPECT OF THE BREACH

IF YOU DO NOT TAKE THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN THEN FURTHER ACTION SET OUT BELOW MAY BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU (OR A SURETY)

FURTHER ACTION

on or after the date shown we shall terminate the agreement, enforce our right to recover possesion of the goods and/or require payment of the outstanding balance, less rebate allowable as set out below. we shall also require you to deliver up the goods to us.

termination of the agreement will take affect on the date shown unless the total arrears are paid in full before that date.

BUT IF YOU HAVE PAID AT LEAST ONE THIRD OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE UNDER THE AGREEMENT SET OUT BELOW (OR ANY INSTALATION CHARGE PLUS ONE THIRD OF THE REST OF THE AMOUNT PAYABLE), WEMAY NOT TAKE BACK THE GOODS AGAINST YOUR WISHES UNLESS WE GET A COURT ORDER. (IN SCOTLAND, WE MAY NEED TO GET A COURT ORDER AT ANY TIME) IF WE DO TAKE THEM WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT OR A COURT ORDER, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET BACK ALL THE MONEY YOU HAVE PAID UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SET OUT BEOW.

total amount payable under this agreement (less any installation charge) £9,716.16

total amount that you have paid by the date of the giving of this notice £2,479.04

PAYMENTS TO BE MADE:

arrears £1,164.52

outstanding balance under this agreement £7,498.59

less rebate allowable in future installments* (£1,059.40)

less insurance rebate* (£407.14)

total amopunt to be paid £6,022.05

*rebate is calculatedon the assumption that payment is made on the date shown and will be revised if payment in full is not made on that date.

IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY IN PAYING ANY SUM OWING UNDER THE AGREEMENT OR TAKING ANY OTHET ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE. YOU CAN APPLY TO THE COURT WHICH MAY MAKE AN ORDER ALLOWING YOU OR ANY SURETY MORE TIME IF YOU ARE NOT SURE WHAT TO DO, YOU SHOULD GET HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. FOR EXAMPLE, YOU SHOULD CONTACT A SOLICITOR, YOUR LOCAL TRADING STANDARDS DEPARTMENT OR YOUR NEAREST CITIZANS ADVICE BURAEU.

SIGNED YOUR LOCAL WELCOME BRANCH MANAGER.

AAARRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT HERE. DONT KNOW WHATS HAPPENING. ARE THEY TAKING ME TO COURT IN 14 DAYS, WHATS A DEFAULT REALLY MEAN.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

THEY HAVENT EVEN REPLYED TO MY S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).:???:

Based on this letter you are not going to court in 14 days, there are quite a few steps and letters before it gets near that stage. They have 40 days to reply with your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). Best to let somone who knows more than I do reply with further advise. Good luck with it though, im also in deep with welcome and they really do seem like predators.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT HERE. DONT KNOW WHATS HAPPENING. ARE THEY TAKING ME TO COURT IN 14 DAYS,

No.

WHATS A DEFAULT REALLY MEAN.

A default notice has to be served and then a default issued before the agreement can be terminated. I would however make a complaint to them as the account is in dispute.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 4 weeks later...

could some one please help. im very worried now.

had a letter from welcome finance regardind the car finance

date on letter 13/dec/07

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

dear xxxxxxx

we refer to the notice of default issued from this office on the 19 november 2007

in order to protect our intrests, your hire purchase agreement has now been terminated and the full balance of the account is now payable.

depending on what you have paid this means we may either repossess the above vehicle or apply for a court order without further notice to you.

in addition you may be held liable for any remaining balance after the vehicle is sold and the proceeds credited to your account, and we reserve the right to commence legal proceedings for the recovery of any outstanding sums.

we would strongly urge you to contact us as a matter of urgancy. no further notices will be issued.

yours welcome.

I SENT OF SAR WHICH THEY RECIEVED 10/10/07 THEY STILL HAVE NOT SENT.

THEIR TIME WAS UP 20/11/07

THEY DEFAULTED ME ON THE 19/11/07, THE DAY BEFORE.

I SENT OF LETTER TO CANCEL PPI WHICH THEY RECIEVED 6/11/07 WHICH THEY STILL HAVE NOT CANCELED.

Well well well....., Where do i start i had a car of welcome finance through an online broker called netcars (they never mentioned they were a broker), i chose my car over the phone a wanted a golf. they directed me to a garage and they had a golf waiting there just like the one i wanted ( i found out afterwards them doing me this privilege cost me nearly £100) and i didn't even ask for it.

I was glad to get finance as i do have a less then perfect credit history so I'm really happy i might get this golf they said i was approved happy days. Anyway i chose the golf did the paperwork and was really chuffed they had did a "HPI? Service" at no extra charge. jumped in it and drove on home. About halfway home as i lived about 25 Miles away from the dealership i picked the car from, the oil light came on. i drove on as it flashed thinking maybe they just to top it up. so i got home waited for it to cool and checked the oil, THERE WAS NAFF ALL IN IT!

Whilst walking back up the drive fist disbelieving what i was seeing i noticed the car had no road TAX!:mad: I Called the dealership and was told "Not our problem" and got the same from welcome finance. The next morning i called a mate and we went over the car this is what we found.

1. bold tyres

2. no road tax

3. no oil

4. no washer fluid

5. brake pads on Front NON EXISTENT

And a few minor faults, wipers etc

I did call them and tell them what i had found they got a little ****ty, i then explained i would not be paying them and for them to collect the car, or to put it right.I know maybe i should of spotted these faults at the dealership but it was dusk i has seen loads of pictures of the car and I'm sure it didn't look this bad.

they refused to put it right and refused to pick the car up. so i left the car on my drive and didn't use it.a month or so down the line they called asking for payment when i explain to the Nice young man who had called me who obviously didn't know anything previous about my case, i explained why i was not paying them yet again!.

He said he would call me back........he did but with an attitude! demand payment off me being very push and aggressive i couldn't believe it was the same guy! i hung up the phone.

22 Calls later i answered the phone again but that was to receive yet more abuse so i hung up, then the kind old chap left a voice mail saying "Mr Blackwell we know where you live and work so dont think we wont get you".

I couldn't believe it! i later played it to workmates who couldn't believe it either (i didn't save the voicemail i wish i had!). a few days past then i got some sort of statement and letter saying the phone call to me cost me £25 which would be added to my account! and that they will be visiting my house this week and that will cost me £30. i was getting really angry by now dont get me wrong I'm not MR T but I'm a bigish bloke that works in security and i felt intimidated! i jumped in the car drove it to there office walked in threw they keys & docs at the guy who had called me and arranged this finance, turned around and walked out.

i haven't herd from them since.......................Nearly 7 months ago :-)

All i can say is stay away from them! SHARKS! UNFAIR HITLERS OF THE FINANCE WORLD!

sorry to hear of your time with them ashblack187, hope all still goes well and you never hear from them again. me, i dont know what to do as i never had any problems with the car. im really upset that i have to give it back or they come and take it knowing that im going to end up paying loads for something i havnt got and what ive already paid. all i asked for was reduced payments as i couldnt afford the regular payments anymore. then asking them about cancling the ppi. they said no. but could reduce payments if took out new agreement with no ppi attached.

i'm fed up.

This is off topic but were do l get a copy of that song in your signature conrad?

It is brill.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.