Online Browsergame issue

harathoi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok.. I am a player of an online browser game called Travian..

I dont know where to turn regarding this issue as it is a rather interesting one..

First i suppose i had better start by giving some background issue...

When you join the game you are prompted to read the Rules, and ToU, and accept them (small checkbox like you get on most consumer sites). These rules are listed below

Rules are at: Travian - Browser Game - Romans, Gauls, & Teutons

ToU is at: Travian - Browser Game - Romans, Gauls, & Teutons

Also, there is the ability to buy "premium services" within the game which allow you to have small advantages over people without (ability to queue items, increased production etc) which i purchased for the small price that they are offered.. (through paypal) and still ahve some services remaining on that..

now the problem.. i have just been banned for an action that has no reference anywhere in the rules.. but has been discussed on the forums (which are mutually exclusive to the game itself and not a requirement or indeed advertised) but has not yet, and for the duration of the playtime at all, been advertised via the tools that they have to advertise in game (splash screen as you log on, needing action before you can access the game, small links placed within the normal default game screen etc). simply this involved sending 1 single troop to a player who is in a "friendly" alliance, (one that is allied to us)..

Now.. if you look at rule 2.2.1 there is a limit to the amount of resource you can send to another player. but with attacks you can "steal" resource. and this is illegal if it is between friendly players (enemies are fair game) however.. 1 unit will never put me over this limit, neither in fact have i actually received any resource from said player whome i attacked..

So basically they have banned me citing a "rule violation" for something which isnt in the rules, and has not been explicitly announced to the general player base of the game in any official form.. (other than a "discussion" on the forums)

I like this site because of the following:

Halifax: Settled in full (£898.00 out of court)

Abbey: Various charges refunded totalling approx £600.00

Homebase: Consumer issue sorted - found all info here before even asking.

Travian games: in progress (started 22-09-07)

If you have agreed to a service, you agree to their terms and conditions. If they are imposing a condition on you that was not agreed to at the start (or notified to you during the contract) then they are in breach of that contract. You should be able to claim for a pro-rata refund.

At least I dont think I would bother trying to argue the toss with them for the rest of it anyway.

If you have agreed to a service, you agree to their terms and conditions. If they are imposing a condition on you that was not agreed to at the start (or notified to you during the contract) then they are in breach of that contract. You should be able to claim for a pro-rata refund.

At least I dont think I would bother trying to argue the toss with them for the rest of it anyway.

i am not interested in the money.. its like £5 p/m anyhow.. but i have been hearing lots and lots of reports of similar cases

people doing things, not explicitly outlawed in the rules and being banned/punished for it.. hence i am asking what i can do..

"travian" are of the idea that "we own the game we can do what we like anytime without telling you".

• 2 weeks later...

Any more updates on this?

They are imposing more unwritten, undisclosed rules on people, and changing the existing rules as they see fit..

I would be inclined to find another on-line game resource.

If enough players do this then their game will soon go down the pan.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....